#11: Testosterone, DHEA, PUFA, Libido, Aspirin, Progesterone, And Saturated Fat With Georgi Dinkov

rei

This was one of the best episodes yet, with many almost unbelievable topics and plenty of real practical information.

But for me what especially made it stand out to a degree that almost startled me was when Georgi started to talk about the physical properties of hormones. Because for the past week i have been thinking about starting to research if someone has done research on the physical properties of the hormones, as to me it seems like the body uses them in their role because theye physically work that way, not because the body decided to use this molecule for task 1 and that molecule for task 2 as a indirect consequence of it's evolutionary history. And to my amazement he almost spells it out talking about the keto, double bond and -oh endings. I know what i will be researching today ;)

Is this what he calls synchronicity? Something i have laughed at a few times when he has previously mentioned it in his writings, but now i think this denier turned skeptic.

Last edited:

Inaut

@haidut can you speak to aspirin reducing muscle gain from weight training. A few people have posted about it being bad for body building and their logic made sense when I read the posts. Just curious to know your thoughts

GreekDemiGod

@Inaut Since Aspirin is an NSAID, it can potentially blunt the post-workout hypertrophy response. I would not take it closer to workout hours.

JDreamer

@Inaut Since Aspirin is an NSAID, it can potentially blunt the post-workout hypertrophy response. I would not take it closer to workout hours.

Ahhhhhhhh. Makes sense.

Literally yesterday I was feeling nice and sore after two straight days of great workouts. I had a headache and popped a couple aspirin for it. Most of the soreness was gone by today and my muscles feel deflated.

Peater

@haidut You mentioned oral steroids being just as bio-available - does it also stand to reason that far from the conventional wisdom of "You need to wait weeks to feel effects of T", it is noticeable much sooner? Most people here will have noticed CortiNon etc take effect very quickly.

Are you completely sceptical of the liver removing orally-administered T over the long-term?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Ahhhhhhhh. Makes sense.

Literally yesterday I was feeling nice and sore after two straight days of great workouts. I had a headache and popped a couple aspirin for it. Most of the soreness was gone by today and my muscles feel deflated.
Feeling deflated can actually be due to reduced water retention, estrogen and inflammation and not because aspirin might potentially slightly inhibit MPS.

Goz

Do not mix aspirin with weight training, in fact stay away from it as it will also lower your test levels if used regularly.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do not mix aspirin with weight training, in fact stay away from it as it will also lower your test levels if used regularly.
Why do you say aspirin will lower your test? There is a study showing that it increases test.

JDreamer

Feeling deflated can actually be due to reduced water retention, estrogen and inflammation and not because aspirin might potentially slightly inhibit MPS.

All those sound very familiar too. Which is the reason I recently started supplementing w/progesterone. However, I haven't paired it up with DHEA or anything else and thinking I need to immediately. I'm experiencing a lot of detox systems and grogginess - which I assume is from estrogen release from tissues into the blood stream. Hope I'm not over-burdening my liver.

But as far as the aspirin was concerned, I just found it strange that I was feeling all nice and sore from two straight really good workouts. Took the aspirin and then it was gone, as was that nice feeling of my muscles being full.

Inaut

Haidut briefly mentions silica, which reminded me of Dennis Crouse's book about Blue zones and the waters there being high in silica. Makes you wonder how silica can be so bad if it is being consumed by the people of the longest lives with low rates of disease.
https://www.amazon.com/Silica-Secret-Healthy-Longevity-Aluminum-ebook/dp/B07JWC767S

I've been doing a deep dive on silica lately @Dave Clark and actually take it in the form of diatomaceous earth (orthosilicic acid). Easy and cheap especially for collagen production, bone health and retaining minerals like mag and cal.

Dave Clark

I've been doing a deep dive on silica lately @Dave Clark and actually take it in the form of diatomaceous earth (orthosilicic acid). Easy and cheap especially for collagen production, bone health and retaining minerals like mag and cal.
You may want to check this out. According to Crouse (read his material), he claims that products like BioSil and DE are not as good of sources of silica as silica water, something like only 20% absorbed approx. Instead of paying the high price of 2 to 3 dollars/bottle of Fiji water, which is 124 ppm of silica, you can make your own homemade silica water for about 5 cents/gallon. He has instructions, which are easy, you just have to get the sodium silicate powder from the on line source he recommends, and sodium bisulfate (on line) to acidify, and then baking soda to buffer. I have done it, and it is easy. The ingredients are cheap and will last years. No more paying $25 a month for BioSil, and DE, which is cheap, may not be good to use daily regarding the intestines.
Aluminum - Alzheimers - Autism: Recipe to make your own Silica Water
He was inspired to do this because his mother has Alzheimers. After getting her on the OSA water, their doctor said that the progression of her disease has stopped, which makes sense since silica removes aluminum, which is implicated in Alzheimers disease.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals