Zinc And Erectile Dysfunction

Coderr

When I take a zinc supplement, my erection strength is weak. In fact, Zinc is said to increase testosterone. Why doesn't zinc work for me?

brix

When I take a zinc supplement, my erection strength is weak. In fact, Zinc is said to increase testosterone. Why doesn't zinc work for me?

it can raise progesterone as well, which is known to cause erection issues in some.

Kunstruct

There are many reasons. Testosterone is not the only thing that is responsible for erections.
Zinc is everywhere rated as the best thing to raise testosterone, yet many people report low energy, loss of libido and increased apathy from zinc.
As far as I can see young people seem to react better to zinc than not so young people.
Some take as low as 15mg some take as much as 50mg-100mg daily, makes a huge difference how much you take.
Zinc can also enter easily the Serotonin pathway, as it is needed for both Serotonin and Dopamine to form, almost never talked about anywhere.
Zinc will also mess up with your Copper and creates further issues, can lower Estradiol too much, can lower DHT too much. In some will raise Progesterone too much while lowering DHT in some .

Last edited:
Zinc gluconate 30 mg. No Copper
I would advise for zinc sulphate,L-Optizinc or zinc bisglycinate.
in Jarrows Zinc Balance there is also copper included.For each 15mg Zinc,1mg Copper.
take 10mg 2-3 times a day.
and yes,too high of a dose can interfere with DHT-conversion.
Furthermore,the Gluconate was at least mentioned for increasing the amount of Zinc excretion
above the intake level,so a depletion occured.i dont know how often,if at all, that was replicated though.
My recommendation stands though.

Kunstruct

In reality many people do not feel good after taking any Zinc of any kind especially after taking it for longer periods.

I never supplement these metals. Just eat liver. Otherwise there are too many pitfalls wrt deficiencies of other metals, e.g. copper. Never a good idea IMHO.

Kingpinguin

Countless of times people make same misstake. Zinc boost T zinc boost T. Mineral synergy. Copper and iron. Thats why you get fatigue, weak and low libido. Dont play with minerals. Get them from the diet.

Pinkfish

I have the same issue. After taking Zinc (no matter what dose) or D3, I am developing ED, even both supps are meant to boost a testosterone.

Otherwise on measurements I allways have low DHT and high Progesterone.

My thought is, that could be because of arom. inhibition or because of influence on dht or prog.

Anyhow high prog = low estrogen and maybe Zinc lower it too much in addition

Beastmode

Anyhow high prog = low estrogen and maybe Zinc lower it too much in addition

How do you know you have "low" estrogen?
How do you measure tissue saturation of estrogen?

Eat real food w/ in the highest quality that has the necessary zinc, copper, etc in them. Shrimp and Oysters a few times per month should give you all that you need.

Frankdee20

Zinc can inhibit 5 alpha at certain doses, and can block NMDA too much for some people

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals