How Often Do You Eat Liver?

Makrosky

I have some 100gr chunks on the freezer and eat them as I crave them. I go totally by cravings.

Sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month.

tankasnowgod

I used to aim for 8 ounces of calf liver once a week. Then, I experiemtned with the whole "Low/No A" diet for a while, didn't eat any liver for 3 months. Just had calf liver again this Monday. Very tasty, and and felt great afterwards. The whole "Poison A" theory is debunked for me personally, and I don't think excess A is an issue for me (I did do some heavy A supplementation a while back, the reason I was willing to experiment in the first place).

I think aiming for every week might be too much, as I would get sick of it after a while. I'm gonna play around with time frames a bit, but guessing that 8 ounces every two weeks might be a pretty good target, at least for me.

By the way, calf liver is far, far better taste wise that regular beef liver. I prefer it to chicken liver, too.

Peatful

I take on average 100g of liver about 3 times a week, when I'm consistent with it for many weeks at a time, it actually completely halts my PMS monthly debilitating migraine that I used to get...when I get lazy with the intake the migraine comes back with a vengeance. I now find I am struggling with the taste/texture of liver after about a years worth of on/off consumption. So I now will alternate between beef, lamb or chicken liver for variety....of all the 3 I prefer lamb as it is mildest tasting and softest.
“Halts your PMS migraine”-
I’m very interested in this.
@Cherry Garcia - what’s your gut on why?

Birdie

I personally like the taste of Liverwurst. I eat about a pound a week of it. I believe the stuff I eat has like 20% liver but also 15% kidney and 15% heart, which I think may be more beneficial than just liver as kidney and heart is chock full of goodness as well. Chris Masterjohn is a big fan of the nutrition of liverwurst.
I’ll just mention that Ray, unlike Masterjohn, doesn’t recommend kidney or heart.

What I’d love would be if storebought pate seemed to work, but alas, not for me.

skittles

250g once a week.
Onions and butter. Or, if I don't have onions (like today), I eat it with ketchup :hungry:

Cirion

I’ll just mention that Ray, unlike Masterjohn, doesn’t recommend kidney or heart.

What I’d love would be if storebought pate seemed to work, but alas, not for me.

Why does he not like kidney or heart?

Birdie

I love calves liver sautéed in butter. Just hate cooking it!
And the stuff makes me feel great. So, gotta cook and swear every couple of weeks.

Going to turn on music next time. And try to start the cooking when the liver is just barely defrosted.
That should work.

Lately here’s my approach. Get really fresh liver (calves or lamb) and generously salt and pepper it, and cook in butter. Discard the butter and add more butter, grind it all up with a fresh shallot and add more salt, and some brandy. This makes a delicious pate and keeps well due to the fat and brandy in it. Refrigerate it and eat a few tablespoons a day. It’s wonderful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals