Thoughts On Gelatin (endotoxins)

Kartoffel

I personally feel very good for about an hour after taking a good dose of gelatine or hydrosalte, but then I start feeling very irritated and sometimes even agressive. My hands get very cold and the next day I will probably have a coated tongue. I am still not sure whether this is due to endotoxin that's already in the gelatine, or whether the gelatine isn't very well digested and thus feeding bacteria that produce the endotoxin.

Luann

I wonder as well. Like kartoffel up there, I have a coated tongue after the gelatin. Also my nose blocks up at night, a stiff neck, get so angry at people, and one day in the mirror a place on my gum was bleeding for no reason at all. Repeat, a spot on my gums was freely bleeding. Not sure what to make of this.

johnwester130

the anger is probably the fact the gelatin has caused constipation.

and any food that causes such bad constipation should generally be avoided.

trust me, i used the gelatin for a very long time and this is what I felt. i really do feel so much better without it, I should have listened to my body, and I can only blame my own stupidity.

D

Deleted member 5487

NOW brand is the only soft tolerable kind-Quality is prob bad tho.

Red Great lakes is instant headache
Green can is a NO and anxiety overload- I thought I had a blood clot in my neck. Which was part anxiety+NO pulsing.

Waremu

If one is concerned about endotoxin of gelatin, try drinking it with orange juice and see if after a week of doing it if you notice any difference. Vitamin c/orange juice has been shown to lower endotoxin from a meal, so maybe this could work in the same way with gelatin if it is endotoxin related. It's a theory worth testing.

Cirion

For what it's worth I started adding protein in the form of gelatin and my back pain seems to have gone away, using that "Cheap" brand (NOW).

Though, it could also be my increased carbohydrates, or my decreased PUFA's. Who knows. But I'm not too worried about using the cheap brands.

Waynish

Too unreliable. Seems best to just make gelatin broths from stuff like oxtail.