Anyone Else Get Taller?

Prosper

I noticed I have some growth pains in my legs since I started high carb(starch&sugar) 3 weeks ago. It feels inside my bones in my calves especially. Like an expanding/contracting/pulling sensation at the same time, a sort of "tension". This is similar to the pain I experienced growing in puberty. I am 6'6 and 23 y/o now, will be interesting to see what happens.
Are you supplementing with K2? I started noticing very similar sensations after upping daily mk-4 dose to 15 mg and introducing Life extension's K-formula (which includes 1000 mcg of K1 and ~200 mcg of mk-7). I posted more about it here: Wider Face After Using Vitamin K?

Although they definitely feel like growing pains, I believe it's probably some form of deficiency. It also seems more likely that those who have grown a inch or two have simply gained thicker bones and therefore a little height too, especially considering how according to the mainstream medicine change in limb height should not be possible after the growth plates have fused.

Still, as a 5'7 24 year old male who was predicted to grow up to 6'1 I hope this is not the case :D

Also, to answer your question about sunlight, as far as I know the amount of area exposed should not matter in any other way than the time required to reap the benefits. Sunbathing nude would of course be most effective, but simply facing towards the sun and exposing the arms should be adequate if you're willing to do that for longer than half an hour per day.

Last edited:

Marcus1000

Are you supplementing with K2? I started noticing very similar sensations after upping daily mk-4 dose to 15 mg and introducing Life extension's K-formula (which includes 1000 mcg of K1 and ~200 mcg of mk-7). I posted more about it here: Wider Face After Using Vitamin K?

Although they definitely feel like growing pains, I believe it's probably some form of deficiency. It also seems more likely that those who have grown a inch or two have simply gained thicker bones and therefore a little height too, especially considering how according to the mainstream medicine change in limb height should not be possible after the growth plates have fused.

Still, as a 5'7 24 year old male who was predicted to grow up to 6'1 I hope this is not the case :D
Hello, I do not take any vitamin supplements currently :D
I do eat a bit of beef liver powder daily though, this has vitamin k2 in it aswell I think :P See below the one from Japan (Hirauchi 1989), beef liver seems to have vitamin k2 as mk6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13
vitamin-k-in-animal-products-19.jpg

For me the feeling that I experience is most noticeable in my shin.

Prosper

For me the feeling that I experience is most noticeable in my shin.
Same. The aches seem to be concentrated around the shin and knee area, with minor sensations around the femurs and top of the feet.

I spent some time searching the web for anecdotal stories of adult growth spurts. Apparently growing a couple of inches in 20s or even 30s is not incredibly rare. It sure is not common, but it happens.

Makrosky

Also, to answer your question about sunlight, as far as I know the amount of area exposed should not matter in any other way than the time required to reap the benefits. Sunbathing nude would of course be most effective, but simply facing towards the sun and exposing the arms should be adequate if you're willing to do that for longer than half an hour per day.
I get tendon pains when I use a lot of K2-Mk4, I think the pains both Marcus and you are experiencing might not be you're growing taller.

Herbie

Ive gained 1cm in height at 30 revolutions of the sun due to posture improvement from increased muscle tone, more electrical current, less gut inflammation.

Prosper

I get tendon pains when I use a lot of K2-Mk4, I think the pains both Marcus and you are experiencing might not be you're growing taller.
Interesting. Do you have any idea about the mechanism behind the pain? On the other hand though, I doubt Marcus is getting significant amounts of mk-4 from liver powder. Fresh liver has a only a few micrograms of various K2 vitamins per 100 g, whereas therapeutic doses of supplemental mk-4 are thousands of times larger.

Makrosky

Interesting. Do you have any idea about the mechanism behind the pain? On the other hand though, I doubt Marcus is getting very high amoutns of mk-4 from liver powder. Fresh liver has a only a few micrograms of various K2 vitamins per 100 g, whereas therapeutic doses of supplemental mk-4 are thousands of times larger.

I don't know. Some pals in the forum theorized about needing more calcium or vit D. I haven't had time to test it further.

And yes if this happens to Marcus and he's getting very low ammounts of K then your case might not be related with K.

Big mouth :-|

Marcus1000

I have eaten this liver powder before, a few months ago, when I was lower on carb, it did not have this effect, so for me it surely isn't the liver.
For me it started when I started going very high carb, perhaps calcium from milk might be a factor, I am not sure :D
It will be interesting to see if we are actually growing or not, time will tell :D

Repas du soir

I have eaten this liver powder before, a few months ago, when I was lower on carb, it did not have this effect, so for me it surely isn't the liver.
For me it started when I started going very high carb, perhaps calcium from milk might be a factor, I am not sure :D
It will be interesting to see if we are actually growing or not, time will tell :D

Have the pains gone away, and have you gotten taller?

GreekDemiGod

I'm around 6ft in height, late 20s. Morning height varies between 182.8 and 184 cm.
Daytime height goes as low as 182 cm, but usually averages 182.8 cm

Used to be 181 cm on average up till my mid 20s, when I started lifting and increasing my protein and caloric intake substantially.
1 year into lifting, and I started measuring over 182 cm.

If I could gain 1 inch and get to 6ft1, I'd be thrilled.
Would DHEA be worth taking if I'm also suffering from low Testosterone?

GreekDemiGod

Thinking maybe if supression of estrogen achieved on an RP-inspired nutrition could somehow re-open the growth plates and kickstart another puberty

Apple

I'm 41 yo, have been 'peating' (not strictly) for the last 4-5 years. I became 3 cm taller for the last 3 years. Just checked the height and cannot believe it. Not sure if it is due to diet or other things.
I had always been 186 cm tall since I was 20. Now it is 189.
Apart from peating I also do pullups regularly and used to play volley but not often. (maybe vit D as it was always sunny)
No special vitamins or supplements but I do eat more cheese , milk , sugar, coffee, ice cream, eggs, lots of white rice with chicken, no PUFA oils .

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

@Apollo Fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I'm assuming the measurements were done at the same time of the day. (height being highest in the morning).

Jamesu

My bones ached on high dose mk4 until I ramped up magnesium and vitamin D. I believe the chances of height increase are bleak based on the fact that growth plates are the only true opportunity to gain vertical growth. Assuming we're all over 21 (I being the youngest of 21) predict that any height increases may be postural. I really want to believe that growth is possible. Currently standing at 179 cm, and would like to make it to the 6ft club!

Apple

@Apollo I'm assuming the measurements were done at the same time of the day. (height being highest in the morning).
It could be it. By the evening I shrank to 186cm. I really don't remeber what time of the day I had been checking my height in the past so I can not truly prove anything. I only remember I noticed some discrepacy in height some years ago, but it was 186 -187... I thought it was due to inaccurate measurements.

maillol

There are a few reports on this forum of people getting taller and their feet growing. K2 seems to be the common theme.