Red Light Therapy, Lights, Supplemental Lighting

Amazoniac

Has anyone compared the effects from the red or clear heat lamps? Rakesh suggests the clear type but the Red Light District tells me that it isn't the best choice for relaxation: exclusively red seems better for this. I also have the impression with it you can get closer to the lamp without discomfort. It's useful to have both around.

Amazoniac

I think there is a thread somewhere on the forum where we discussed this several years ago with @Kasper. Red light is the least interfering with melatonin. UV and blue light are the most nefarious, which explains their cancer-causing effects with prolonged exposure at night.
We got teleported.

While I was searching for the posts, I came accross this. You no longer agree with it?

I know Janelle might comment below that I'm appearing to the nature, but it doesn't sound natural at all. Intense red light doesn't occur during the sunset, it's probably more a visual thing. Such session must signal the body that it's still daytime and it should be disruptive.

What Raj warns against is melatonin supplementation, but mentions that the production is protective against his beloved serotonin, for example.

I'm writing this as someone who has never tried it at night, so I can't tell from experience.

- The Influence of Red Light Exposure at Night on Circadian Metabolism and Physiology in Sprague–Dawley Rats

- Melatonin elevates brain serotonin
- Pranarupa: Magick And Melatonin

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Amazoniac I can tell from experience that the clear (halogen or incandescent) feel more energizing than red.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you for letting me know. What about a relaxing effect? Have you tried them at night?
Yes. I haven't noticed any energizing effect from the clear bulbs at night but I always have on blue blocking glasses.

raypeatclips

Has anyone compared the effects from the red or clear heat lamps? Rakesh suggests the clear type but the Red Light District tells me that it isn't the best choice for relaxation: exclusively red seems better for this. I also have the impression with it you can get closer to the lamp without discomfort. It's useful to have both around.

I really enjoy the clear incandescents, and never got much from the red or infrared red light man products. Maybe it is something to do with the heat, although I don't think it is. I get a much more positive response.

Recently I started noticing headaches which were adversely affecting my concentration on schoolwork whenever I stared to close at my monitor. I also experienced severe pressure in my eyes. I heard Peat (on raypeatclips' youtube channel) that pure blue light causes ROS, but that redlight neutralizes this. Moreover I noticed that within a minute or two or of stepping away from my monitor and going outside my ocular pressure and headaches would drastically diminish. the effect was most pronounced when there was bright sunlight. I installed a redlight filter on my computer and also started sitting further away from my monitor and consequently my headaches have entirely disappeared and now I have much better cognition and concentration. just my experience

Amazoniac

Wagner83

[...]

Some people do good on blue light, Some people do good on green light. Light therapy and contrarian endocrinology is the future.

Soon a machine will be created where you can get balanced on a daily basis just sleeping with certain light sequences. I am looking into this also. just imagine, you can get tested , if you are slow oxidizer, more red light sequences , fast oxidizers more blue light sequences. And you are balanced all the time.

this is very interesting and I know couple people already work with this with just amazing results. they created hand made machines with lights and also created a testing method on what lights to use.

To get healthy you need to change your life style. This way you wont need to take any supplements at all.

I don't take anything. AT ALL

I eat a balanced diet.

Amazoniac

Some people do good on blue light, Some people do good on green light. Light therapy and contrarian endocrinology is the future.

Soon a machine will be created where you can get balanced on a daily basis just sleeping with certain light sequences. I am looking into this also. just imagine, you can get tested , if you are slow oxidizer, more red light sequences , fast oxidizers more blue light sequences. And you are balanced all the time.

this is very interesting and I know couple people already work with this with just amazing results. they created hand made machines with lights and also created a testing method on what lights to use.

To get healthy you need to change your life style. This way you wont need to take any supplements at all.

I don't take anything. AT ALL

I eat a balanced diet.
I started to expand the view after noticing better effects from cycling between clear et red heat lamps.

There were interesting stuff in his posts, but contrarian endocrimology is pretext to push through detox for years , almost dere

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Rosacea, inflammation, and aging: The inefficiency of stress
"[..]mitochondrial Complex-I, NADH-ubiquinone reductase, is probably the most easily damaged part of the mitochondrion, and it is protected by vitamin K."

+

@lampofred
@lampofred

@lampofred
@lampofred
@lampofred
@lampofred
@lampofred

@lampofred

=

Anti-Peat - Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

115.jpg

Last edited:

Amazoniac

- Is Vitamin D Supplementation Even Neccessary (Table 2 in the first publication)

- Fluorescence Spectroscopy of Biological Tissues—A Review

"The main biological molecules that absorb the light in the ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared spectral regions are listed in Table 2. Proteins, collagen, elastin, DNA/RNA and urocanic acid absorb in the ultraviolet region (wavelength shorter than 400 nm), while oxyhemoglobin, deoxyhemoglobin, melanin, and bilirubin absorb light in the visible region (400–700 nm). In the infrared region (wavelength longer than 700 nm), we can observe the deoxyhemoglobin band (760 nm), water bands (760 nm, 900 nm, 1250 nm, 1400 nm, etc.), and other vibrational absorption bands at higher wavelengths (not listed)."

upload_2019-10-7_8-7-22.png

"The two types of hemoglobin are found in blood cells and the high absorption band observed near 400 nm gives blood its reddish color. Melanin is observed in the epidermis and is responsible for the skin color (7). Bilirubin and b-carotene can be found in all skin layers: stratum corneum, epidermis,and dermis; and the structural proteins, collagen and elastin, are found in soft tissues as well as in hard tissues such as dentin and bone."​

- Basic Photomedicine | photobiology.info

Table 1. Endogenous (naturally occurring) and exogenous (added from outside) chromophores, and their main absorption wavelengths of importance in photomedicine.

upload_2019-10-7_8-8-27.png

Last edited:

Amazoniac

- Tell Me About Your Light Setups
- Red Light Treats PTSD By Upregulating Cytochrome C And Brain Oxygenation

Clear:

upload_2019-10-21_10-43-38.png

Red:

upload_2019-10-21_10-43-45.png

The difference between them (or the part that's deemed problematic) is involved in the increased the tolerance. Such spectrum is also barred earlier, and with this we has to admit that the skin is playing an important rôle.

- Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring

upload_2019-10-21_10-46-50.png

Amazoniac

- The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

"When the body temperature is very much below normal, mental functioning is seriously limited. I think the first question that should be asked about a demented person is 'is this the cold brain syndrome, or is something else involved?'"​

There are now those eartubes to shine red light on the cerebra, however directing heat lamps to the head as if you was under the sun may help to improve functioning, get rid of disturbances and inactivate infections, yet care is needed not to overdoes it.

- Brain temperature homeostasis: physiological fluctuations and pathological shifts

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals