I Think I’ve Finally Figured Out How To Use Niacinamide

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Yes sir. I’m finally getting Into a sweet rhythm with it and b1. Supps are getting more streamlined too

Aaron

I like this post because the OP bought the same overdosed product as I did and had the same experience. Gonna start opening up my 500mg caps and adding small amounts to my protein shakes.

Kray

This is similar to how Ray Peat recommends taking it.

Thanks for posting this audio. Just what I was needing, a good refresher. Will stick with lower doses NA throughout the day. I assume with meals is best, as opposed to by itself?

mbachiu

This is exciting. I really want to thank @Inaut for the idea.

I’m going to start this when I get home.

I’ve been taking 500mg of niacinamide at once. It’s convenient. No effects from it good or bad. I have in the past done niacinamide in lower Peat-approved dosages. Now I’ll try the 50mg or so at a time.
Just saw this thread now. How are you finding lower dosages? I’m going to experiment with lower doses as well & see if that makes a difference in how I feel. I think I’ve been dosing too high.

Gl;itch.e

+1 on lower doses. It seems to lower blood sugar very powerfully in me. When I have tried it at 500mg+ doses at night I have on occasion woken up with night sweats because of it.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

It’s a staple still. Taking about 100mg x2 daily alongside B1,B2 and B6.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Not at that dosage. At 500mg dosage i did though.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Gone. I’ve been using a darsonval/violet ray wand on it and my hands are 90% better. Took about two weeks to get it like this. The darsonval devices are dirt cheap on eBay so if you have eczema I highly recommend..

Rich W

Gone. I’ve been using a darsonval/violet ray wand on it and my hands are 90% better. Took about two weeks to get it like this. The darsonval devices are dirt cheap on eBay so if you have eczema I highly recommend..
Wow! My wife has had a terrible time with eczema. Going to try this. What brand device do you have? And how long per spot do you keep it on? Thank you!!

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I bought mine from violetwand.com (Tesla model). you can buy cheap ones on eBay though. Not as powerful but still might work..

Edit: I forgot to mention that I apply it maybe 1-2 minutes per area.

Last edited:

Rich W

I bought mine from violetwand.com (Tesla model). you can buy cheap ones on eBay though. Not as powerful but still might work..
Thank you very much. Anything else you recommend trying for eczema?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Honestly, nothing has come close to resolving my DE like the violet ray. Please note that it may irritate skin so you will need to moisturize after usage. Good luck

hithere

It’s a staple still. Taking about 100mg x2 daily alongside B1,B2 and B6.

Could you please expand a little bit and explain in more detail why, when and how much you take of those? thank you.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I take it twice a day in my OJ. Morning and afternoon (after gym). 300mg of B1 OJ addition. Don’t take b6 right now(not sure why I stopped)

hithere

okay, thanks.

why not in your coffee? i imagine you can taste it in the OJ?

what about B7 (biotin)? i think you should balance those high b1 doses.. at least long term.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I was taking biotin as well. I’m just not that consistent anymore. My staples at the moment are a little pregnenolone, creatine after work outs, d limonene, agmatine and herbs (ginger, nettle leaf and cardamom). My bs are more inconsistent so I’m not concerned about throwing things out of whack)