The Travis Corner

Terma

I have never tried that, and would highly hesitate to. I can handle and control the state I'm in currently. I might not handle that one well.

And Yes. It's difficult to escape that conclusion now.

--------

Comedy in antiquity was likely equated to evil, because comedy was the device that could disarm a religion's grip on a people. Comedy helps increase creativity and self-thinking. As does good old-fashioned fun. Isn't church fun? Creativity was always the great enemy of the church. That's why they shaped a discipline-focused religion with fasting as a virtue instead of a true psychological and physiological experience that can put you right in touch with the true greater aspects of our universe.

Last edited:
Idea on how to fix milk with cheap and simple ingredients:

All that really needs to be done to fix milk proteins allergenicity is hydrolyzation, which has some other benefits as well such as higher absorption, with the only problems being taste for some people + high protein spike. But besides that it completely removes amy allergies or opioid effect from milk protein.

What could be done simply, and what is likely the way milk protein is hydrolyzed industrially, is to use a strong base.

One could take milk, add maybe .25-1g of sodium hydroxide (lye), boil for an hour, and then add HCL until the PH is neutral. This would simply add .25-1g of salt and hydrolyze all the proteins with ease. No expensive and unproven enzymes. You know for a fact it's all being hydrolyzed.

This works like bromelain or papaine except way better, breaking down every protein it comes into contact with. Go watch a youtube video meat boiling in sodium hydroxide solution snd you'll see what I mean - and don't let the video scare you either.

With the ph tested for neutrality you could be sure it's safe. No idea what this would taste like, and I'll have to look into the exact amount of sodium hydroxie and exposure length needed for optimal results, but I'm confident a gram would be enough.

Note also this should only ever be done with skim milk, as if there's any fat in the milk it will also be hydrolyzed into soap and glycerin. It will quite literally be soap, fatty acid salts. Probably would taste awful.

If you don't care about taste this could be an option for those needing a cheap nutritious diet. And who knows, it might taste fine.

If you do this, take every precaution you canb of course. But really sodium hydroxide isn't like in fight Club, as long as you don't come into contact with the pure stuff you should be fine. For instance the other day my hands were soaked and covered in sodium hydroxide solution for 5-10 minutes (unrelated to milk or experiments), and I was fine after washing it off, all it did was hydrolyze my skin oils, making my hands incredibly dry, which I fixed with a water soak and oil cover. You're eyes are really what you'd need to watch out for so use goggles.

All that really needs to be done to fix milk proteins allergenicity is hydrolyzation, which has some other benefits as well such as higher absorption, with the only problems being taste for some people + high protein spike. But besides that it completely removes amy allergies or opioid effect from milk protein.

What could be done simply, and what is likely the way milk protein is hydrolyzed industrially, is to use a strong base.

One could take milk, add maybe .25-1g of sodium hydroxide (lye), boil for an hour, and then add HCL until the PH is neutral. This would simply add .25-1g of salt and hydrolyze all the proteins with ease. No expensive and unproven enzymes. You know for a fact it's all being hydrolyzed.

This works like bromelain or papaine except way better, breaking down every protein it comes into contact with. Go watch a youtube video meat boiling in sodium hydroxide solution snd you'll see what I mean - and don't let the video scare you either.

With the ph tested for neutrality you could be sure it's safe. No idea what this would taste like, and I'll have to look into the exact amount of sodium hydroxie and exposure length needed for optimal results, but I'm confident a gram would be enough.

Note also this should only ever be done with skim milk, as if there's any fat in the milk it will also be hydrolyzed into soap and glycerin. It will quite literally be soap, fatty acid salts. Probably would taste awful.

If you don't care about taste this could be an option for those needing a cheap nutritious diet. And who knows, it might taste fine.

If you do this, take every precaution you canb of course. But really sodium hydroxide isn't like in fight Club, as long as you don't come into contact with the pure stuff you should be fine. For instance the other day my hands were soaked and covered in sodium hydroxide solution for 5-10 minutes (unrelated to milk or experiments), and I was fine after washing it off, all it did was hydrolyze my skin oils, making my hands incredibly dry, which I fixed with a water soak and oil cover. You're eyes are really what you'd need to watch out for so use goggles.
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Terma

I haven't read on this topic but I do have potassium hydroxide on hand. Do you see an issue using that instead of sodium? I'm totally not drinking the milk lol, but am curious how it will come out.

tell the truth, were you burning your own hand:cool:
Lol I wish I was that hardcore, but no - was cleaning a stove top. No cool scars either (though I do have a small one from my hand being doused in boiling watee).

Bottle was unmarked, someone had prepoured the stove cleaner from a big jug into a plastic ketchup squirt bottle, for easy stove administration. After I inhaled the boiling lye fumes and noticed how caustic it felt, I rummaged through the store's cleaning supplies and found the source bottle for what I was using, the ingredients of which was sodium hydroxide. My hands had already been exposed to it for a whole at that point.

Actually something else that happened before the lye, possibly even worse, was I accidentally used hypochlorite/bleach solution on the stove top instead of the lye water, because they were both in the exact same kind of plastic bottle and were right next to eachother. I could tell something wasn't right as it just smelled toxic as it boiled. Inhaled a lot of that ***t. I was paranoid for a bit about chlorine gas actually, though it wasn't as bad as the time I mixed bleach and ammonia on accident and had to run out of the room after it began violently bubbling and my nose and lungs filled with chlorine gas. That was worse.

Interesting, thanks for sharing!
Thanks I will let you know how it goes

@Terma it should work the exact same way, except instead of salt being produced when HCL is added, it will instead produce potassium chloride. This is what they use in sodium-lite salts. If your diet is low in potassium this should be fine, though I still have to calculate how much sodium/potassium hydroxide would be needed. But I don't see 1g of potassium chloride being an issue at all.

Just looked, potassium chloride is just as dangerous as sodium chloride/table salt, both extremely safe. As long as the ph is neutral it would be absolutely fine.

Only major issue I see is that potassium chloride apparently can taste really bad to some people.

Terma

Oh you're right, KCl tastes awful, been there (only thing worse is magnesium glycinate powder or sulfur aminos)... probably enough to make someone think the milk is toxic.

Oh you're right, KCl tastes awful, been there (only thing worse is magnesium glycinate powder or sulfur aminos)... probably enough to make someone think the milk is toxic.
Magnesium glycinate is ******* awful, I agree.

Never had KCL but have had potassium gluconate. Awful too, though nothing on magnesium glycinate.

It's very odd, but the only electrolyte that actually tastes good is sodium chloride. Every other one tastes awful, though I haven't tried them all. But I doubt any are actually good tasting like salt. It shows how special it is.

Terma

Potassium bicarbonate tastes surprisingly fine except it takes on odors. I replaced MgGly with Mg aspartate, not good but nowhere near as bad. Otherwise yeah, I lost the taste for adventure with these. Makes you wonder about all the stuff people ingest in capsules.

Sativa

There has to be a cyclooxygenase product of the Mead acid

Mol Pharmacol. 1995 Aug;48(2):288-92.
Mead ethanolamide, a novel eicosanoid, is an agonist for the central (CB1) and peripheral (CB2) cannabinoid receptors.
Abstract
The recently discovered endogenous agonist for the cannabinoid receptor, anandamide (arachidonylethanolamide), can be formed enzymatically by the condensation of arachidonic acid with ethanolamine. 5Z,8Z,11Z-Eicosatrienoic acid (mead acid) has been found to substitute for arachidonic acid in the sn-2 position of phospholipids and accumulate during periods of dietary fatty acid deprivation in rats. In the present study, the chemically synthesized ethanolamide of mead acid was evaluated as a potential agonist at the two known subtypes of cannabinoid receptor: CB1 (central) and CB2 (peripheral). This compound was equipotent to anandamide in competing with [3H]CP55,940 binding to plasma membranes prepared from L cells expressing the human CB1 receptor and from ATt-20 cells expressing the human CB2 receptor. Mead ethanolamide was also equipotent to anandamide in inhibiting forskolin-stimulated cAMP accumulation in cells expressing the CB1 receptor. It inhibited N-type calcium currents with a lower potency than anandamide. Mead and arachidonic acid were equally efficacious as substrates for the enzymatic synthesis of their respective ethanolamides in rat and adult human hippocampal P2 membranes. Palmitic acid was not an effective substrate for the enzymatic synthesis of palmitoyl ethanolamide. Mead ethanolamide exhibits several characteristics of a novel agonist to CB1 and CB2 receptors and may represent another candidate endogenous ligand for the CB1 receptor.

Related/relevant graphics:

cox2_anxiety_fig1.jpg fnmol-10-00166-g001.jpg

...So, regardless if you consume PUFA's, or let your body produce mead acid instead, the result will be potent endocannabinoids which activate the endocannabinoid system (ECS), and thus have significant influence on the entire metabolism. (note that mitochondria possess CB1 'receptors')
btw, the ECS has additional 'receptors' - alongside CB1 & CB2, there is a potential CB3 & CB4 (and maybe CB5) - GPR18, GPR55 & GPR119... there might be more, there are many 'orphan' GPR's...

Here's a great graphic!
fphar-10-00339-g001.jpg

Last edited:

Sativa

Biosynthesis of eicosanoids initially requires oxidation of the polyunsaturated fatty acid, arachidonic acid (AA), by the enzymes cyclooxygenase (COX) and lipoxygenase (LOX). Prostaglandins such as prostaglandin E2(PGE2) or leukotrienes are metabolised by COX and LOX, respectively (Alhouayek et al. 2014). Both 2-AG and AEA are derivatives of AA, making them subject to the same oxidative metabolic pathways key to eicosanoid biosynthesis (Fig. 2). By extension, fluctuations in eCB signalling can impact eicosanoid signalling. As a result, eicosanoids provide a collateral method of eCB-mediated control of immune functioning (Rouzer and Marnett 2011).
213_2015_4105_Fig2_HTML.jpg

Eicosanoids, PGEs and leukotrienes, can be metabolised from two differential eCB-related pathways. 2-AG and AEA can be metabolised directly into either PGEs or leukotrienes by COX and LOX, respectively. Alternatively, degradation of eCBs can occur via enzymes, either MAGL or FAAH, into AA, which is subsequently oxidised by COX and LOX to produce PGEs and leukotrienes, respectively. Therefore, fluctuations in eCB concentration can influence eicosanoid levels

gaze

@Amazoniac I can’t seem to find this in the thread although I know Travis mentioned it, but what is the mechanism behind the opioid receptors interfering with memory again? is it by blocking dopamine? would travis argue that low dopamine is simply a result of eating too much A1 casein, gluten, and tryptophan?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

@Amazoniac I can’t seem to find this in the thread although I know Travis mentioned it, but what is the mechanism behind the opioid receptors interfering with memory again? is it by blocking dopamine? would travis argue that low dopamine is simply a result of eating too much A1 casein, gluten, and tryptophan?
:wave:

I wasn't following everything that he posted, but I can't blame others for the association. The probable reason why you couldn't find anything is because you haven't tried to search for the lowercase letters from his greek αβ.

Sativa

would travis argue that low dopamine is simply a result of eating too much A1 casein, gluten, and tryptophan?
Low dopamine could be caused by elevated prolactin (they have an inverse relationship), low enzymatic production, or deficiencies of necessary co-factors (manganese etc)
Tyrosine hydroxylase or tyrosine 3-monooxygenase is the enzyme responsible for catalyzing the conversion of the amino acid L-tyrosine to L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA).[5][6] It does so using molecular oxygen (O2), as well as iron (Fe2+) and tetrahydrobiopterin as cofactors. L-DOPA is a precursor for dopamine, which, in turn, is a precursor for the important neurotransmitters norepinephrine(noradrenaline) and epinephrine (adrenaline). Tyrosine hydroxylase catalyzes the rate limiting step in this synthesis of catecholamines.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

- Gelatin, source, extraction and industrial applications

"There are basically two processes by which collagen is processed to gelatin:
  • The acid process is mainly used with pig skin and fish skin and sometimes bones raw materials. In this process collagen is acidified to about pH 4 and then heated, denatured, defatted, filtered, concentrated, then drying by passing dry air over the gel. The obtained product is grinded and blended to customer requirements and packed. The resulting gelatin has an isoionic point of 7 to 9 based on the severity and duration of the acid processing of the collagen which causes limited hydrolysis of the asparagine and glutamine amino acid side chains (Cole, 2000).
  • The alkali process is used on bovine hide and collagen sources; in this process collagen is submitted to a caustic soda or lengthy liming process prior to extraction. After the alkali processing, the collagen is washed and treated with acid to the desired extraction pH. The collagen is then denatured and converted to gelatin by heating, then vacuum evaporated, filtred, gelated, dried, grind and blended (Cole, 2000)."

Judd Crane

Pineapple juice is pasteurized, a process which destroys two of its most beneficial and characteristic properties: Pasteurization irreversibly oxidizes vitamin C to its inactive open-ring form and also denatures the powerful enzymes found in the pineapple. Besides the well-known proteases found in crude bromelain, which helps us digest protein and remodel tissue, the pineapple plant also contains three chitinase enzymes: These will hydrolyze chitin, which is a resistant β-linked polysaccharide similar to cellulose characteristic of the exoskeleton of insects and also the cell walls of fungi. Candida albicans does have chitin in its hyphae, and our endogenous enzymes cannot efficiently hydrolyzed β-linked polysaccharides. This makes pineapple particulary beneficial for yet another reason: it's peculiar anti-candida effect.
Do you know how serotonin content is affected by pasteurization?