New To Red Light, Cheap Setup?

DJ Sanchez

I just want to know what bulbs to get. Can it be any bulb that produces red light or does it have to be a specific kind. if so what's the cheapest option. Any helps appreciated, thanks!

lampofred

I use an incandescent Bulbrite 250W heat lamp in a brooder clamp, 130v running out of a normal 120v socket, which increases the red frequencies & lowers the blue. It's not the color of the light itself that matters, you just want more of the lower spectrum frequencies and less of the higher.

Last edited:

revenant

I have the ABI 12W red light lamp, you can find it on eBay and Amazon for pretty cheap. Works fine. There's also a 25W version if you want more power.

YUPEATER

Thanks guys. I will do some googling to see if I can buy something similar here in europe.

Inaut

I ordered a cheap 24 watt - led infrared/red light a couple months back. I have been using it all over my body and actually prefer it to the orange/red led light I purchased from lifegivingstore. Not that I don't like the product from LGS, rather infrared/red seems to be more energizing for me (and it doesn't ruin my erections when I use it on my testes). Thyroid feels it alot more too. Only using it 2 minutes per location (maybe less).

lisamarie1010

on the above notes - I wear special eye glasses - is that really required?
Seems like the lawsuits would pile up from the retailers. Thanks.
Also, can you use too much light? get too close? Thanks all.

_lppaiva

I would recommend red lights for overall illumination and infrared for therapy

Luann

I use a $5, 60W light bulb in a regular lamp.
Am I doing anything for my body at all?

boris

I use a $5, 60W light bulb in a regular lamp.
Am I doing anything for my body at all?

Is it an incandescent bulb? $5 sound expensive. Usually LED are in that price range. Incandescent 60w should cost around $1.

If it's a incandescent you won't get much penetrating light, but you won't be supressing natural sleep hormone production like most LED do.

Last edited:

boris

@Liubo The more red spectrum the more beneficial. I found these LED lightbulbs supress my sleep, even if it is sold as "warm white". You can see on this graph I found in another thread that LED has very little red.

Incandescent is better! (unless it is PURE red LED)

led-lighting-2.jpg