Can Aspirin Alleviate Caffeine/Coffee Intolerance?

milk_lover

Most of us know that coffee/caffeine is awesome for liver health and we would like to continue ingesting it without the bad effects like jittering and cortisol levels going up. There are some techniques of course to reduce stress reactions such as consuming the coffee/caffeine with enough sugar, gelatin/glycine, probably coconut oil, etc.,. Can Aspirin help in this regard too?

After reading many posts in this wonderful forum, Ray Peat's article on Aspirin, and looking at the studies haidut brings forward to our attention, I suppose Aspirin can help, why not? We're using coffee/caffeine, mainly I think, to deal with fatty liver, i.e., burning the fat in the liver so as to handle sugar better, right? This induces stress if the type of fat being dumped into the blood stream is unsaturated fat. Well, Aspirin acts like Vit E in that it opposes the effects of unsaturated fat. Also, it has been studied that Aspirin lowers cortisol, so should cortisol levels go up after ingesting caffeine, Aspirin will come help putting it down, will it not? Furthermore, Aspirin lowers serotonin in the gut.. Maybe in some people, coffee/caffeine irritates their stomach linings or something, which will create serotonin in their guts. I'd like to know if this makes sense.

answersfound

in my experience, no. aspirin did not do a thing. i would focus on adrenaline, i think that's the problem. so maybe niacinamide, taurine, or vitamin b6. but i'm not expert.

naugyanks

Just my experience but I've always had caffeine intolerance so much so that if I had just one medium coffee each day for 2-3 days in a row I'd be irritable and have sleep problems but lately I've been taking about 650mg asiprin daily and have been able to drink about 4 cups a day every day without problems.

naugyanks said:
post 118707 Just my experience but I've always had caffeine intolerance so much so that if I had just one medium coffee each day for 2-3 days in a row I'd be irritable and have sleep problems but lately I've been taking about 650mg asiprin daily and have been able to drink about 4 cups a day every day without problems.

wow, that's fascinating. Are you taking niacinamide, or K2 also?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my experience but I've always had caffeine intolerance so much so that if I had just one medium coffee each day for 2-3 days in a row I'd be irritable and have sleep problems but lately I've been taking about 650mg asiprin daily and have been able to drink about 4 cups a day every day without problems.

What other supplement do you take ?

Im currently taking aspirin and t4 only. So far so good no bleeding problems.

I just want to take the least supplements as much as possible so to know what is working and not go through taking bunch of pills without knowing if its working.

Jsaute21

What causes caffeine intolerance? I notice I do better on espresso than just coffee...some days I feel phenomenal and others I turn into a depressed zombie.

DaveFoster

What causes caffeine intolerance? I notice I do better on espresso than just coffee...some days I feel phenomenal and others I turn into a depressed zombie.
Impaired liver clearance.

Jsaute21

Other than occasional caffeine intolerance what are tell tale signs of impaired liver clearance? Is there a way to get a blood test that reveals such an issue? I understand ALT/AST isn't always accurate.

InChristAlone

Other than occasional caffeine intolerance what are tell tale signs of impaired liver clearance? Is there a way to get a blood test that reveals such an issue? I understand ALT/AST isn't always accurate.
Problem with caffeine is that some people just have slow clearance based on an enzyme. Their liver may be fine otherwise.

I've heard that if eating a stick of butter by itself makes you nauseous then your liver isn't up to snuff. This is an easy poor man's test, but I think that keeping the liver in good shape should be a part of one's lifestyle. Some people are detox fanatics and try to somehow detox every meal... I tend to think of the liver in this regard. General reduction of stress from diet and lifestyle allows the liver to regenerate quicker than anything else in the body from what I understand. I suppose the mucus lining of the digestive tract is faster, but as far as organs go, the liver is definitely the quickest to shape up when it's given the opportunity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals