Reasons For Low Bile, How To Increase?

CLASH

@Motif
Frommy perspective, having had similar issues, your hot flashes, sweating and urination are from adrenaline release.
What helped me was increasing the fat in my diet to 40% or more of my calories from long chain sources with some coconut oil to balance the SAFA to PUFA. No more sweating, not more hot flashes for me now. Number 1 trigger of bile release is fat. Large mammals diets are mostly fat from chimps, to gorillas, to cows, to wolves. I dont currently think humans differ from these other mammals in macronutrient requirements.

Xisca

Yes I agree,
Even when cows eat carbs, the fermentation from bacterias produces fatty acids.

I have hot flashes again when I reintroduce fruits.... High fat is fine!

Ron J

I'd like to lower endotoxin by improving digestion(bile); what is the best option(other than more food, taurine, sodium,coffee and thyroid)? I'm considering artichoke leaf extract over ox bile/betaine. Any opinions about TUDCA?

yerrag

I'd like to lower endotoxin by improving digestion(bile); what is the best option(other than more food, taurine, sodium,coffee and thyroid)? I'm considering artichoke leaf extract over ox bile/betaine. Any opinions about TUDCA?

I'm also trying to lower my endotoxin levels, but I'm just figuring out how. From haidut's threads on it, progesterone was mentioned as being able to deactivate it. And these substances would blunt the TLR4 receptors, keeping inflammation at bay: vitamin A, D, B2,B3, emodin and cyproheptadine. And TUDCA and taurine helpful on the bile aspect, which would be how the liver would prepare endotoxins for excretion.

How do you know you have high endotoxins though? I have my opinions on it : Taking Enzymes To Lyse Plaque, BP Rising, WBC, Urinating A Lot-Frustrated

I'm going to monitor my endotoxin levels by monitoring the effects of it I mentioned in that post. I'd have to order more taurine and TUDCA to assist the liver. Also, more glycine intake would help as well as sugar.

Last edited:

Ron J

@yerrag
I'm having some issues with gas. I slightly changed up my diet and being more strict with liquid intake while digesting food before I attempt/buy anything.
I read a link someone posted in which artichoke leaf extract and ox bile was recommended among other things; the positive gallbladder effects bile has also interests me.

Motif

Hi all, I recently figured out my digestive issues are mostly due to low bile. This is after noticing a sudden intolerance towards certain fats, such as beef fat and fat ice cream. I then remembered blood tests I did a while ago where both billirubin and cholesterol were a bit elevated. I’ve taken ox bile now for a few weeks along with a liver and gallbladder herbal blend. But it seems my digestion is still dependent on the ox bile for now is it slowly comes back once I stop supplementing. My diet is has been pretty good. Mainly fruits, juice, milk, eggs, gelatin, beef, shellfish, liver, coffee, chocolate and some white rice. Any ideas where this could be originating?
Hi! Were you able to improve your issues ?

ddjd

Hi all, I recently figured out my digestive issues are mostly due to low bile. This is after noticing a sudden intolerance towards certain fats, such as beef fat and fat ice cream. I then remembered blood tests I did a while ago where both billirubin and cholesterol were a bit elevated. I’ve taken ox bile now for a few weeks along with a liver and gallbladder herbal blend. But it seems my digestion is still dependent on the ox bile for now is it slowly comes back once I stop supplementing. My diet is has been pretty good. Mainly fruits, juice, milk, eggs, gelatin, beef, shellfish, liver, coffee, chocolate and some white rice. Any ideas where this could be originating?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag_twi4aJWc

ddjd

12+ fatty acid theory? Did you read the study I posted? Its a fact that fatty chains under 12 carbons dont stimulate bile flow, or at least much much less. Cocoa butter is 1/3 oleic acid, and has linoleic acid, its not just palmitic and stearic. The biggest defference between dairy fat and cocoa fat is cocoa has much more stearic and not hardly any, if at all, chains under 14 carbons, and dairy has medium and short chain fats. I'm very confused as to what you are trying to say, especially since comparing dairy which is incredibly complex ( protein, carbohydrates, fats, micronutrients etc ) to a pure isolated empty calorie fat from the cocoa bean seems strange, unless by dairy you mean butter specifically. The fact that cocoa makes you feel better than dairy fat just supports what I have already been saying, that longer chain fats are better for bile production, because cocoa fat has a higher percentage of longer chains than dairy.
@tca300 sir I have to first of all apologize. 5 years later. I'm reading this thread again and thinking, you were SPOT ON!

I'm doing my own version of Brad Marshall's "croissant diet" at the moment. Basically increasing my stearic acid intake dramatically. Mainly using beef Tallow and cacao butter.

Holy cráp. All my bloating after eating has disappeared. Once I've eaten, I feel completely full and can't even think about food for a few hours. I used to eat a meal and want to eat more and more afterwards! Not any more!

I'm sleeping better. More energy. I feel like my gallbladder is maybe just starting to heal so hopefully that continues but I'm also going to try more bitters mentioned in this thread; dandelion, artichoke etc.

Back in 2018 I kept saying, why am I responding fine to cacao butter but I'm getting so bloated from regular butter or coconut oil??

Cacao butter is 33% stearic! All makes sense now.

Appreciate you trying to tell me back then.

ddjd

Ah fúck looks like @tca300 left the forum. That's a shame

gabys225

@ddjd Good post. Thanks for sharing. Didn't know that bit about any carbon chains less than 12 not stimulating bile flow. Shame tca300 left he was a badass.

tommyg130

It's weird because my liver absolutely tolerates cacao butter which is only palmitic and stearic. If anything my liver feels healthier and less fatty from it, I get a flatter stomach. But as soon as I have some dairy my stomach is bloated, my liver becomes very sluggish and I notice estrogenic symptoms. So I'm not sure about this 12+ fatty acid theory
@michael94
^
Yes TUDCA should help.

I take it sometimes (and took it for months at a time many times) despite being on the IBS-D side and having to fight the pro-D effect. Too much and it comes out yellow. Yes you needed to know this.

TUDCA increase T3 at least in liver and many other things I will not cover, look it up.

This is not 100% appreciated yet (not sure if anyone wrote about it) but T3 may be able to increase bile enzymes in human cells, which was not thought possible, this could even be part of its cholesterol-lowering effect in theory (DISCLAIMER: I have not read the most up to date research on this i.e. 2017-2018 if there's any, correct me if anything appears wrong):
Thyroid hormone induction of human cholesterol 7 alpha-hydroxylase (Cyp7a1) in vitro

But there were always signs:
relationship between the thyroid gland and the liver | QJM: An International Journal of Medicine | Oxford Academic
"Hypothyroidism has been associated in a few case reports with cholestatic jaundice attributed to reduced bilirubin and bile excretion"

So TUDCA packs a double punch. Just be careful, there are many shitty supplements, you have to deal with it because haidut wasn't interested.

(No, Taurine does not substitute enough, this is from experience with 1500mg TUDCA/day vs 6g Taurine/day, it will only seem as good if you got ripped off and got a fake TUDCA supplement. TUDCA tastes like nail polish remover even through the capsules.)
good Tudca brand?