QUESTION: Fruits Low In Beta Carotene

Ryan18

Hi guys,

What are your favourite Peaty fruits low in carotene?

I'm hypo and have extremely noticeable carotenemia that I'm trying to address ASAP after years of excessively consuming carrots, sweet potatoes etc. Also any other tips or experiences regarding this issue would be awesome. I'm following the general advice of improving thyroid and adequate B12.

I've switch from OJ to AJ, reduced my consumption of satsumas to the minimum to obtain vit C, and although the carotene from raw carrots is poorly absorbed, changed to mushrooms just to be sure.

I'm in need of some good fruits to add since I've had to drastically reduce my staples.

Many thanks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been having some dates, dark figs, banana, grapes, pears and pineapple.
Edited to add pears

Last edited:

moa

Better avoid beta caroten, more than other forms from fruits. Try B12 cream on the skin on high doses, B12 is not well absorbed in the gut.

I think in your case, increasing thyroid is the key to solve your problems. Have you tried coffee with sugar to increase liver glycogen stores ?

postman

Lychee, longan and rambutan have 0 VA, the flesh is completely white. You can find these canned and maybe juiced if you're lucky, in asian supermarkets

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals