Vitamin B2 And Erection Quality

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut , what are your thoughts on Chris Masterjohn's take that regular plain riboflavin is superior to R5P:

"I have, for years, believed that riboflavin 5’-phosphate (aka, flavin mononucleotide or FMN) supplements are better than plain old riboflavin, especially for people who are hypothyroid or have low adrenal status, since these conditions impair the activation of riboflavin to it’s 5’-phosphate form. After doing the research for this podcast I now believe that for healthy people it makes no difference and that for people with small intestinal pathologies, the cheaper, less fancy, plain old “riboflavin” is likely to be more effective."

"they (plain riboflavin and R5P) are both equal in every context studied (making it pointless to use R5P if it is more expensive, and making calling it “activated” total marketing BS).

However, the enzymes needed for hydrolyzing the P are brush border enzymes. The brush border is known to be assaulted in small intestinal disease. So it makes sense that R5P might have poor absorption in small intestinal diseases that damage the brush border."

I agree that for young, healthy people using plain riboflavin may be sufficient. But even in those people I would not say there is "no difference" between the two. Try 50mg dose of each on separate days and you will see if they work the same.

I take up to 400mg (100mg four times) on Saturday and Sunday. That way my body is saturated with it, and I avoid any negatives from it.

Ultraviolet light turns riboflavin into what you could call "degenerate anti-riboflavin molecules" that actually block riboflavin from being used. This happens to riboflavin in your food and in you. On the weekend, I'm not outside as much.

My need to regulate blood glucose is also much more relaxed on the weekend, since I'm just relaxing at home, out with family or friends, or running some simple errands.

I also discovered recently that B2 status is something to be mindful of when taking methylene blue.

When I first attempted to take B2 in mid 2018, I would often get headaches. I think they were less likely on the weekends. So I shelved it. Nathan Hatch wrote that certain B2 supplements can cause headaches due to excipients, which might be true. However, when I re-trialed B2 supplementation again in late 2019, I was using the same exact bottle that had given me headaches before and I never experienced a single headache again. I think my body's ability to manage glucose/glycogen improved. Possibly the season also was significant.

Milk and maple syrup are both significant sources of B2, and sometimes are stored in glass containers, so be careful of where you put them.

My first bottle was NOW foods, but now I use the one from Douglas Laboratories.

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I take up to 400mg (100mg four times) on Saturday and Sunday. That way my body is saturated with it, and I avoid any negatives from it.

Ultraviolet light turns riboflavin into what you could call "degenerate anti-riboflavin molecules" that actually block riboflavin from being used. This happens to riboflavin in your food and in you. On the weekend, I'm not outside as much.

My need to regulate blood glucose is also much more relaxed on the weekend, since I'm just relaxing at home, out with family or friends, or running some simple errands.

I also discovered recently that B2 status is something to be mindful of when taking methylene blue.

When I first attempted to take B2 in mid 2018, I would often get headaches. I think they were less likely on the weekends. So I shelved it. Nathan Hatch wrote that certain B2 supplements can cause headaches due to excipients, which might be true. However, when I re-trialed B2 supplementation again in late 2019, I was using the same exact bottle that had given me headaches before and I never experienced a single headache again. I think my body's ability to manage glucose/glycogen improved. Possibly the season also was significant.

Milk and maple syrup are both significant sources of B2, and sometimes are stored in glass containers, so be careful of where you put them.

My first bottle was NOW foods, but now I use the one from Douglas Laboratories.

Wow interesting Steven, thanks for sharing.

Gotta love the Maple Syrup!

What else do you use for Glucose Control now?

What else do you use for Glucose Control now?

I don't do anything specifically for it. I think what has helped the most is sugar and Energin. I have 4 tablespoons of sugar with two cups of coffee in the morning, and 4 tablespoons of sugar with two cups of tea in the evening. Keeping my liver well-fed and well-supplied with B vitamins has allowed it to heal itself over time. My diet is low fat, though I've relaxed somewhat in the recent months.

There are a couple of other things that probably helped: I used to take taurine and an extra supplement of B6 at night.

Oh, and getting my gut sorted: I've used apple pectin and carrot salad.

Really, it's just what happens over time if you're on the right track. Everything contributes in some way.

Dave Clark

I don't do anything specifically for it. I think what has helped the most is sugar and Energin. I have 4 tablespoons of sugar with two cups of coffee in the morning, and 4 tablespoons of sugar with two cups of tea in the evening. Keeping my liver well-fed and well-supplied with B vitamins has allowed it to heal itself over time. My diet is low fat, though I've relaxed somewhat in the recent months.

There are a couple of other things that probably helped: I used to take taurine and an extra supplement of B6 at night.

Oh, and getting my gut sorted: I've used apple pectin and carrot salad.

Really, it's just what happens over time if you're on the right track. Everything contributes in some way.
When you said you 'used' to take taurine at night, is that because you had any issues with it (that you can share)? I take notice some people experience some digestive issues, even though it is said to help with bile production, maybe it can make too much.

When you said you 'used' to take taurine at night, is that because you had any issues with it (that you can share)? I take notice some people experience some digestive issues, even though it is said to help with bile production, maybe it can make too much.

No, I just decided to stop. I think maybe I ran out. I've considered bringing it back in to see if I notice anything.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I saw in your link: http://nutritiondeconstructedpodcas...ads/2018/07/Minireview-of-Iron-Management.jpg

That Vitamin B1 lowers Iron retention!!!

This is the first I've ever heard that B1 can do this!!

Any more research you've seen to support this?

No, and it was just a case study, if I remember. I was interested in finding less conventional interactions with iron. You could search for studies that cite it on Google Scholar. Let me know if you find anything else, but through a different channel. We are getting off topic here.

ddjd

Riboflavin knowns as a 5AR inihibitor.

Riboflavin, a testosterone 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. - PubMed - NCBI
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/antibiotics1968/43/12/43_12_1615/_pdf
but in my experience, I take 100mg B2 occasionally and noticed,B2 makes my Erection much stronger,keep Erection harder,prevent Premature ejaculation,easy to control not to cum,and make orgasm stronger.

I don't know what kind of mechanism. but B2 is really effective for male issues especially for helping ED.

this web page explains more info.

F*CK Portion Control!
Have to agree with this! Had a very positive experience shall we say

Back
Top Bottom