Unintentional Vegan Peating: Amazing So Far

tara

I just bought some coconuts from the market...never broken one of these bad boys open so should be fun :)
You know about puncturing it in a couple of teh soft spots to pour the water out into a glass before you split it?

Runenight201

I thought only the water from young coconuts were worth drinking, and that the mature coconuts have yucky water, but yummy meat? Still haven’t opened it yet....I’m too comfortable with my Arroy-D coconut cream. Maybe tomorrow...

tara

I thought only the water from young coconuts were worth drinking, and that the mature coconuts have yucky water, but yummy meat? Still haven’t opened it yet....I’m too comfortable with my Arroy-D coconut cream. Maybe tomorrow...
You might want to catch it rather than splatter it on the floor, and then see if it tastes good to you? I don't eat them often, but I've had tasty water from reasonably mature coconuts, but I imagine they might get past it some time.

Runenight201

Can’t hurt to try it out right? If it’s good I could use it as a useful rehydration aid for my very demanding soccer games. I tried eating a coconut I had bought a week ago and then forgot about, and after smashing it open with a hammer I found out that all the meat had dried up inside :( so coconuts can definitely expire, despite their hard exterior protecting them from its environment.

OP
A

andrei

UPDATE: Added frozen spinach for the calcium and magnesium content. Things got even better. Sleep is better. I guess I needed those extra minerals.
Judging by the concentrated calcium levels in frozen spinach, you can definitely eat sufficient calcium with leaves.
I also am eating some white bread as of recently. Just for the calories and convenience.
I will not exceed 3 kg of potatoes per day. I want to bring it down to 2 kg. But I do not know where I will get the missing protein I'd be giving up. Maybe I will introduce around 100 grams of beef per day.

Nighteyes

UPDATE: Added frozen spinach for the calcium and magnesium content. Things got even better. Sleep is better. I guess I needed those extra minerals.
Judging by the concentrated calcium levels in frozen spinach, you can definitely eat sufficient calcium with leaves.
I also am eating some white bread as of recently. Just for the calories and convenience.
I will not exceed 3 kg of potatoes per day. I want to bring it down to 2 kg. But I do not know where I will get the missing protein I'd be giving up. Maybe I will introduce around 100 grams of beef per day.

Maybe add very well cooked lentils for some extra protein. If you cook red lentils with some crean you get a really great tasting sauce for the potatoes or to mix with spinach

OP
A

andrei

Maybe add very well cooked lentils for some extra protein. If you cook red lentils with some crean you get a really great tasting sauce for the potatoes or to mix with spinach
Thank u! What's the consensus on lentils here?

I think they're not very welcome are they? Is their protein high quality like potatoes?

OP
A

andrei

UPDATE: Added a bit of meat and lowered potatoes. Around 200 grams of beef per day and 2 kg of potatoes. Grapes for sugar and some honey. Some white bread too.
Tried dairy. Dairy ruins my mood.
A little meat works though. It is socially sustainable. You can eat some dishes in social settings this way.

Light

In conclusion, subjects adhering to a long-term, raw food diet with an exceptionally high consumption of fruits and vegetables have normal plasma vitamin A concentrations and high β-carotene concentrations as recommended for the prevention of CVD, but low plasma lycopene levels.
I wonder if it means that we turn lycopen to retinol before we turn β-carotene for retinol

Light

Added a bit of meat and lowered potatoes
What was the reason for that? Just for protein?
I'm also finding it hard to deal with all the dairy, and I won't eat meat of any kind (I will have gelatin though),
So I just ordered a juicer and am planning on having potato juice broth with green leaves an some gelatin for comprehensive nutrition (I hope).
Have you lowered potatoes b/c of starch?

OP
A

andrei

What was the reason for that? Just for protein?
I'm also finding it hard to deal with all the dairy, and I won't eat meat of any kind (I will have gelatin though),
So I just ordered a juicer and am planning on having potato juice broth with green leaves an some gelatin for comprehensive nutrition (I hope).
Have you lowered potatoes b/c of starch?
for making it more sustainable..otherwise all that load of potatoes every day is tiring to prepare and eat.

Light

Oh, ok Thanks.
I was doing Whole Plant Food for months before Peating, and the idea that plant proteins are harmful is still stuck in my mind, so i'm gonna try potato juice for a while, and reading here that you were doing well on vegan diet made me more optimistic about it :)

jet9

UPDATE: Added a bit of meat and lowered potatoes. Around 200 grams of beef per day and 2 kg of potatoes. Grapes for sugar and some honey. Some white bread too.
Tried dairy. Dairy ruins my mood.
A little meat works though. It is socially sustainable. You can eat some dishes in social settings this way.
could you provide update on potatoes + grapes + some meat experiment ?
seems like you moved to bread and than just to sugar, could you tell why ? did potatoes start to make you feel sick or something ?

OP
A

andrei

could you provide update on potatoes + grapes + some meat experiment ?
seems like you moved to bread and than just to sugar, could you tell why ? did potatoes start to make you feel sick or something ?
Potatoes were ok but couldn't eat enough and gain muscle.
Currently doing sugar and beef.

postman

If anything it's the other way around, the mature coconut water is sweet like fruit juice.

nbznj

This unintentional veganism thing hits home. Actually raw veganism here.

Indeed, after trying every single diet under the sun and always feeling or looking a bit off (bloat, greasy skin and scalp), I’m as good as I could ever get on:

- a morning smoothie (frozen fruits and greens and seeds) = 500kcal
- 3x vegan gainer shakes sipped on throughout the day, I work 4 days a week for 12 hours shifts on my feet, no time to sit down and really eat = 2000kcal
- an evening bowl of buckwheat in coconut+rice milk = 500kcal

Couldn’t care less about raw veganism. But that’s what works for me for now, what can I say. Dirt cheap grocery shopping. Macros are 120p 550c 30f. Micros are all in the green.

I do eat eggs liver and shellfish at times, will go for beef when eating out with friends.

Last edited:

jet9

Potatoes were ok but couldn't eat enough and gain muscle.
Currently doing sugar and beef.
Thanks for reply, how are you getting your sugars ? Fruits ? Fruit juices ? Just cane sugar ?

OP
A

andrei

What does your diet look like these @andrei
Sugar and beef. But really little beef (300 grams max per day).
I use eggshells for calcium.
For sugar i do strawberry jam, orange juice, a bit of rice sometimes.

All in all very high sugar, low protein, and almost no fat.

Vins7

Thanks!

I am going to be joining you on a similar eating journey since protein/fats just make me feel bad no matter what I try. Whenever I try the pure carbohydrates approach I just feel so much better very quickly. Benefits I notice (within like a few days already)
- stronger teeth (feel like rocks)
- way higher energy levels
- much calmer
- better sleep
- very quick growing facial hair (shave normally every 2-3 days on this system 2x per day)
- way better mood
- muscles fill out much better, way better pump in the gym (it’s NOT due to increasing carbs since adding 40g protein on top of the carb intake removes this effect, I weigh and track everything)

I will eat less grapes and potatoes but add in some more white rice. In addition to this I might add some dry cornflakes with a bit of sugar. The reason for this is that the higher liquid content of such volume of fruit/potatoes generally makes me feel very cold.
Hi.
I would appreciate to know how It was the kind of diet and nutritional guides that you explained here. I think that I'm on the same point that you were un that momento.
I only crave starches and fruit foods and proteins and fats give me some issues.
Thank you JustAGuy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals