15 Grams Of Potassium A Day Without Supplements: Perfectly Possible

stargazer1111

At first I thought that a theoretical diet which could provide 15 g of potash a day would be challenging to construct, but once the good food sources were collected, to my surprise it wasn't difficult at all.

This is not to encourage anyone to elaborate diets based on apps, to restrict table salt, or that such high intakes are needed. The main purpose of the thread is to eliminate the idea that eating plenty of potash is an arduous task.

A lot of these foods are boiled and drained: it's possible to obtain even more than what's reported here by cooking them with just enough liquid to get them done, so that it reduces to a thick sauce (plug); or by reusing the remaining liquid later on to cook others foods.

The only cheatings on the list are: raw carrots, raw shooting of the bamboos, and dried fruits. The vegetables because I suspect the potassium isn't as available in them. Dried foods, because I didn't want to include them at first, it's somewhat unfair for being dehydrated, but then decided to include them since they're also good sources.

Some fishes contain a surprising amount.
There are a variety of beans but adding them all would be of the laborious.

While editing this post, I realized you can export .csv files from Cron-o-meter but no longer import them. It's a shame because it would be more convenient to just import a list. I probably forgot about a few but it's comprehensive enough:
View attachment 9202
View attachment 9203

Adding them this way allows you to quickly play with different combinations that add up to 15 g or more if you wanted to.
--

And here's a reasonable example that doesn't have anything extreme:
View attachment 9204
View attachment 9205

Believe it or not, the hard time was balancing calcium and phosphorus. :ss

156.jpg

Source: Calorie of the Kings

Believe it or not, it is hypothesized that humans evolved getting somewhere close to 15 grams of potassium per day with a 7:1 ratio of potassium:sodium which puts the sodium intake at only about 2.15 grams.

I'm at about 7 grams with milk, OJ, and meat.

Hgreen56

Tipping the hatties for the @aguilaroja

Severe hyperkalemia associated with “alternative” nutritional cancer therapy - ScienceDirect

"A 52-year-old man was hospitalized in January 2005 with recurrent Hodgkin lymphoma. He had a 6-year history of diabetic mellitus and rheumatoid arthritis and the onset of Hodgkin lymphoma 10 months ago. He received four cycles of salvage chemotherapy (etoposide, vincristine, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, and prednisolone) and achieved a second remission in April 2005 before he was discharged from the hospital."

"Two weeks after discharge, he was readmitted to receive high-dose chemotherapy for Hodgkin lymphoma."

"The patient reported that he had Gerson therapy at home. He took 2 l of freshly prepared juices from carrot and apple everyday for 12 days, until the day when he was hospitalized. He consumed 4–5kg of carrots and 200–300 g of apple everyday. The estimated intake of potassium was as more than 16,000 mg per day. After discontinuation of the Gerson therapy and continuation of the [↓ Travisoord!] medications, serum potassium levels remained normal."

"The hyperkalemia was treated with calcium gluconate, sodium bicarbonate, and glucose and insulin for 2 days. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), both meloxican and loxoprofen, were stopped. Serum potassium decreased to normal levels after 5-day treatment with saline infusion."

"Elevated serum potassium levels are common in diabetic patients.2 Possible etiologies include chronic renal failure, microvascular complications, hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism, insulin deficiency/resistance, and the use of antikaliuretic drugs such as potassium-sparing diuretics and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.2,3 NSAIDs can induce hyperkalemia by decreasing aldosterone synthesis, renal blood flow, and glomerular filtration rate.4 Apple and orange juices contain a lot of potassium. Excessive intake of apple or orange juices cause hyperkalemia, especially in diabetic patients on antikaliuretic drugs.3,5 In our case, excessive intake of carrot/apple juices combined with underlying diabetes and the use of NSAIDs is likely the cause of severe hyperkalemia."​

I don't know if this person was supplementing some, but if he wasn't you have to add..

..if my calculations are right: 28 g of potassium a day from supplements alone. I'm baffled.

I'll leave this in part as a warning, but other part supporting that even very high potassium intakes are safe if the conditions are right.

how does this not cause milk-alkali symtoms?

Recoen

Make sure you’re getting enough B1 when you add K. Also K and Mg are intracellular so a blood test isn’t showing much.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

how does this not cause milk-alkali symtoms?
"Three different progressive stages have been described. First, there is an acute form, referred to as “toxemia”, which occurs 2–30 days after calcium ingestion. This stage has been characterized by irritability, vertigo, apathy, headaches, weakness, myalgias, and vomiting. Second, the intermediate phase, called “Cope’s syndrome,” includes symptoms of the acute form plus conjunctivitis. Last is the chronic form, or Burnett’s syndrome, which is characterized by soft tissue calcification including conjunctivitis, band keratopathy of the cornea, musculoskeletal deposits, and nephrocalcinosis [5]."​

baccheion

12+ egg yolks (raw), 5 lbs potatoes, 10+ cups chard, oysters, and some chicken liver.

Yolks for fat, potatoes/fruit for carbs, and chard and liver for remaining protein..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals