Cherry Angiomas (red Dots On Skin)

Davinci

I had a ton of them and all but one on my ribs disappeared. In my case, estrogen/prolactin seemed to correlate pretty well with the appearance and lowering prolactin led to most of them disappearing - pretty much what Peat told me when I asked him about these angiomas a few years ago.

Over how long of a time period did it take for you to get rid of them?

haidut

Forum Supporter

LeeLemonoil

I've just developed 5 of these tiny little spots in the last few days .... all of a sudden really.

If th prolactin-angle plays a role, could lack of calcium possibly play a role. If consumed a lot of Magnsium-Carbonate in the recent weeks and since I'm not eating dairy products and don't supplement Calcium, I've probably overdone it here.

Or cetirizine impaired Lier-function during june, I've read some info about liver-function and cherry anginoms, though ut did not eem very substantiated.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

miki14

I got dozens of CA in a span of a few weeks after taking bromocriptin as my prolactin was above the upper range. It then stopped but most of them are still there after about 3 years. Taking bromo lowered my prolactin but raised my estrogen quite a bit.

Pompadour

Hi! Any success?
Hi! I have no success with angiomas. Maybe some supps could help, but i've got a baby 2,5 months ago and am breastfeeding now. So no supplements for me for now. And i guess i have naturally higher level of prolactin because of lactation and if prolactin plays role in developement of cherry angiomas, that means, that i 'll develope more of them during BF.

Healthia

I had a ton of them and all but one on my ribs disappeared. In my case, estrogen/prolactin seemed to correlate pretty well with the appearance and lowering prolactin led to most of them disappearing - pretty much what Peat told me when I asked him about these angiomas a few years ago.
Can you point me to some of the things you did to lower prolactin? I have been getting more and more cherry angiomas. As of my last lab work, about a month ago my estradiol is at the lowest normal range for males (12 pg/ml) but prolactin is at the highest normal range (15 ng/ml). I’m a 54 year-old male. From what I’ve gathered from interviews you’ve done with Danny Roddy and other posts this is relatively rare. Usually both are high? Other levels on same blood panel include
Testosterone: 601 ng/ml,
Free Testosterone: 114 pg/ml,
TSH: 2.480 uIU/ml (which has doubled in the last 5 years)
T3: 101 ng/dl
T4: 1.20 ng/dl
SHBG: 30 nmol/L
Prolactin: 15.0 ng/ml
Cholesterol: 254 mg/dl (170 LDL and 40 HDL)

Last edited:

Motif

I have about 7 of them too.
No idea what causes them.

Is it really a estrogen issue? My tests don't show high estrogen:

Saliva Test Reliable For Hormones?

I got Gilbert syndrome tho, so maybe a liver issue? My other liver tests were all perfect. Just bilirubin slightly high.

Healthia

Anybody else have any luck with getting rid of these?
Not scientific at all but this is an option. Obviously it doesn’t address the root issue but if you just want to get rid of them for visual appeal you could try it

TradClare

This is interesting to me because my husband suddenly was getting them all over his body a couple years ago when he began traveling for work M-F. He was eating all restaurant meals during this time and flying every week. In order to keep his healthy weight on an expense account, he started to have a nitro cold brew coffee every morning, only vegetables and salad (no oil) at lunch, and then for dinner he would go to whole foods and eat like a $40 meal with sushi, desserts, fruit juice, whatever he wanted. So it wasn't too toxic. A few months after he started working from home for the scamdemic, I noticed they were disappearing. If anything his work is more stressful than ever, so I have wondered if it is the food, or just the stress of traveling

jomamma007

I don't know that there was a single factor as I did so many things including taking some cypro for a month to fix gut issues. Bottom line is that as my prolactin went down the angiomas disappeared. There are many things that lower prolactin, as we have discussed on the forum and Peat wrote about.
What dose of cypro did you take, and what gut issues were you trying to solve? Recently acquired some from idealabs...

LadyRae

I have successfully treated a tiny one on my face (upper lip area) with the hot pinhead technique referenced above. Last spring I went to an esthetician and she used a small laser but even after three treatments they wouldn't go away completely.

A larger angioma on my cheek has been more difficult to remove. After zapping it with the hot Pinhead in a tap, tap, tap, fashion, it developed a scab but the scab was washed off too early and then it has been bleeding profusely. So I put a dab of Super Glue on it and that did the trick. I have spent a lot of time online reading about this and many people have used the hot Pinhead technique. Bleeding is common of course because it is an abnormal proliferation of capillaries concentrated in one spot.

According to online anecdotal evidence, the super glue will help it heal quicker underneath. I just need to be extra careful to be very gentle and not touch the spot when I'm washing my face.... as soon as I can I'm going to open up one of my vitamin D capsules and put that on there too.

The next couple weeks are going to be the first time I'm happy to be wearing a mask whenever I'm outside of the house Hahaha....

Motif

I have successfully treated a tiny one on my face (upper lip area) with the hot pinhead technique referenced above. Last spring I went to an esthetician and she used a small laser but even after three treatments they wouldn't go away completely.

A larger angioma on my cheek has been more difficult to remove. After zapping it with the hot Pinhead in a tap, tap, tap, fashion, it developed a scab but the scab was washed off too early and then it has been bleeding profusely. So I put a dab of Super Glue on it and that did the trick. I have spent a lot of time online reading about this and many people have used the hot Pinhead technique. Bleeding is common of course because it is an abnormal proliferation of capillaries concentrated in one spot.

According to online anecdotal evidence, the super glue will help it heal quicker underneath. I just need to be extra careful to be very gentle and not touch the spot when I'm washing my face.... as soon as I can I'm going to open up one of my vitamin D capsules and put that on there too.

The next couple weeks are going to be the first time I'm happy to be wearing a mask whenever I'm outside of the house Hahaha....

over a year I wanted to try to get rid of them with a hot pinhead, but still I didn’t try.

your story sounds worse than I thought it would be unfortunately.