Antibiotic Use To Sterilise Small Intestine

OP
B

BrianF

So what antibiotics have the 'users' beeb using to tackle gut issues?

T

TheBeard

prescription antibiotics were the best thing that ever happened to my 30 years of gut misery.
I know people personally who've used them daily for YEARS with great benefit and the
only way you'd get them to stop would be to peel them from their cold dead hands.

don't let anyone scare you away from using them.
don't be cavalier with their use.
Results could go either way.
This is likely good advice for any drug/med/treatment you test.

Any update on your antibiotic use?

Are you still experiencing the positive effect years after?

OP
B

BrianF

Well I went ahead and dosed for a week on Rifaxamin and problem solved. Never had a single outbreak since. I have had some minor itch in the last month or so but I suspect thats down to an increase in starches in my diet (working long hours doesn't give me the chance to eat as I'd prefer). I suspect that when I reduce the starches, these rare incidences of minor itches will disappear also.

OP
B

BrianF

My guess is that antibiotics wont do anything. My best hypothesis is that the androgens are working on the nuclear androgen receptors of the skin; they have been shown to do this is countless studies. Invariably, they increase oil production on the skin with a concomitant increase in the ratio of wax esters to fatty acids. This raises the melting point of the excreted oils, and this is called a whitehead.

The action of androgens on the cellular AR receptor perfectly explains all of the epidemiological observations as well, with acne seen both in dairy users and bodybuilders—who habitually-consume androgenic steroids.

You might say: 'that it doesn't happen to all people who consume dairy,' and then ask why this is so. If you had done that I would say that the serum sex hormone-binding globulin varies among people, both in free binding sites and in number.

The dryness is difficult to explain, but some cells metabolize enzymes faster—and differently. For example: The NADH/NAD⁺ ratio—or the redox balance—determines how much cortisol is produced in skin cells from cortisone. The enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I works in both directions: it will both hydrogenate cortisone to cortisol, and it will also dehydrogenate cortisol into cortisone. The enzyme doesn't seem to particularly care, and is driven by the NADH/NAD⁺ ratio. It can only hydrogenate cortisone with NADH, to produce cortisol. After all, the hydrogens must come from somewhere. The converse is also true, as the hydrogen-accepting NAD⁺ is necessary for the back reaction, the cortisol ⟶ cortisone conversion.

Androstenedione is found in dairy, and is only two hydrogens away from testosterone. The enzyme that makes this conversion, 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, is also an NADH/NAD⁺ enzyme. The simple changes in redox balance appear to be capable of determining whether or not a weak androgen is converted into a highly-active one.

But of course it could always be something else.

The Rifaxamin totally killed it off.

Vinny

Well I went ahead and dosed for a week on Rifaxamin and problem solved. Never had a single outbreak since. I have had some minor itch in the last month or so but I suspect thats down to an increase in starches in my diet (working long hours doesn't give me the chance to eat as I'd prefer). I suspect that when I reduce the starches, these rare incidences of minor itches will disappear also.
Cool, man!

Vinny

T

TheBeard

The Rifaxamin totally killed it off.

I keep reading very good feedback about Rifaximin, in treating SIBO especially.

There are relapses every 6 months but they are milder and milder over time to the point people can fully discontinue the abx.

It’s ridiculously expensive and I don’t think I’ll get a Rx for it so I’m ordering 100g of it on Alibaba, along with other abx « in bulk »

OP
B

BrianF

Just the standard 5 day dose that was advised on the box. 3 x 1 pill per day.

golder

Interesting. I’ve got 400mg in sealed strips of 10tabs. I’ll try a 5-7 day course of 400mg x 3 times a day. Anything important to include/avoid alongside? Increase vitamin K and carrot salad consumption, avoid alcohol and keep all foods easily digestible? Thanks mate!

johnwester130

@jitsmonkey how is your gut after years of antibiotics?

would Camphosal be an effective supplement ?

Andy316

Just the standard 5 day dose that was advised on the box. 3 x 1 pill per day.
@BrianF Did you have a relapse after finishing the 1st course? Also are you able to eat dairy and other foods which prior to Rifaximin were giving issues?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals