Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

RayPeatFan777

Will this absorb on the calf area? been putting it there because it stinks but its far away from my nose :hungover:

also im guessing rubbing it in with my hand is OK? will it absorb through the hand?

jmojo

Virtually impossible to be deficient in it. I also asked Peat long time ago about it and he responded with "no interest". The B5 is also noticeably absent from his articles and interviews. He mentioned it a few times in his books but I don't know that he has said much about it in the last 20 years. Maybe I am wrong, if you have a source where he talks about it please share.

I'm glad you added B5 to the formula. The most recent Chris Masterjohn podcast on B5 is pretty interesting and he seems to think that a lot of people truly are somewhat deficient in B5: https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/podcast/2019/06/19/manage-pantothenic-acid-status/

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can these be broken-down in the skin as they're adsorbed as well?

Not to my knowledge. However, P5P and R5P have been shown to work in much smaller doses than the respective precursors sold as Hcl salts. Not sure why but maybe as you said a good portion of them do get absorbed intact. There is even a study on treating heart failure which uses a patented formulation of P5P (MC-1) and when I asked them why they used P5P the study authors said "because pyrodoxine Hcl is inactive in sick/old people".
MC-1 (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate): novel therapeutic applications to reduce ischaemic injury. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
- The Nutritional Relationships of Copper | David Watts

"Vitamins that are considered antagonistic to copper are shown in figure 2 [vitamin B6, A, C, B3, and B5]. Excessive intake of any one or combination of these vitamins can contribute to or exacerbate an existing copper deficiency."​

Even if people use the full daily dose of Energin, none of the vitamins in that dose would be in excessive amounts. Considering most people use only a fraction of the full dose daily then I do not see how this risk even applies.

Amazoniac

Even if people use the full daily dose of Energin, none of the vitamins in that dose would be in excessive amounts. Considering most people use only a fraction of the full dose daily then I do not see how this risk even applies.
Left and right there are mysterious adverse effects to B-vitamins supplementation and this sort of information will only resonate with these cases. The more we can collect possibilities here, the more considerate people will be in exploring other factors before blaming the product or giving up assuming it's not for them. There are those on marginal intakes or dealing with secondary malnutrition that a little of a nutrient can push them on the wrong direction.

Have you considered adding a note on the description of the product that combining it with magnesia should be synergistic?

Antonello

Left and right there are mysterious adverse effects to B-vitamins supplementation and this sort of information will only resonate with these cases. The more we can collect possibilities here, the more considerate people will be in exploring other factors before blaming the product or giving up assuming it's not for them. There are those on marginal intakes or dealing with secondary malnutrition that a little of a nutrient can push them on the wrong direction.

Have you considered adding a note on the description of the product that combining it with magnesia should be synergistic?
Do you supplement with folate?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I will add that note when I have the new shopping cart ready, which will have product descriptions inside.

Amazoniac

Do you supplement with folate?
I don't, but I keep it around. Trabisord was fond of it.

Since it was suggested some days ago to our coaches a choline supplement for the community, offering a B-side that includes choline, folate and cobalamin is also an idea to consider; there will be people wishing to complement the main product and benefiting from it.
I will add that note when I have the new shopping cart ready, which will have product descriptions inside.
Out of curiosity, why you're now only listing the active ingredients in threads?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I don't, but I keep it around. Trabisord was fond of it.

Since it was suggested some days ago to our coaches a choline supplement for the community, offering a B-side that includes choline, folate and cobalamin is also an idea to consider; there will be people wishing to complement the main product and benefiting from it.

Out of curiosity, why you're now only listing the active ingredients in threads?

Because that's how the whole business started (through the forum) and at the time we did not even have a shopping cart, it was all just "Buy" buttons through PayPal. So, now that we do have a shopping cart the descriptions will have to be transferred over.

Kartoffel

Do you think is superior to the common L-Methylfolate?

I think it's best to avoid taking any methyl donors for too long. It might be helpful in the short-term for some people.

Mito

I think it's best to avoid taking any methyl donors for too long. It might be helpful in the short-term for some people.
People with normal MTHFR activity endogenously recycle about 4.5 grams of folate everyday. Typical amounts of methyl folate supplements are 400 micrograms per day, so not a significant contribution to methyl donors.

Amanda Daisy

Hi all,

After several weeks of experimentation, we are finally ready to start offering the B complex supplement I mentioned in my previous threads. We are calling it Energin. It is designed for topical administration. For the topical method I used a slightly modified ethanol solution, so basically the supplement is a mix of high purity B vitamins in 20% ethanol. Other than the B vitamins (all of them with greater than 98% purity) and the diluted ethanol, there is nothing else in the bottle. Here are some basic facts about the supplement.

EDIT (12/15/18): We changed the Energin bottle from 2 ounce to the 1 ounce size. The amount of vitamins per dose and the servings per bottle (30) stay the same. So, basically, the same product but more concentrated and thus with less liquid. Many people have asked for smaller bottles as measuring 40 drops from the 2oz bottle is tedious and with the new bottle a single serving will be only 20 drops. Also, the smaller bottle is obviously lighter and this will lower shipping costs, especially for international orders.

Note
: This product contains raw material(s) meant for external use only, in cosmetic or other formulations designed for such external use.

Serving size - 20 drops
Servings per container - 30

Each serving contains:
Thiamine HCL (Vitamin B1): 50 mg
Riboflavin-5-Phosphate (Vitamin B2): 15 mg
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): 100 mg
D-Panthenol (Vitamin B5): 50 mg
Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (Vitamin B6): 6 mg
Biotin (Vitamin B7): 1 mg

Other ingredients: add product to shopping cart to see info
Based on a study "j." posted about a month ago, the topical absorption is over 90% for the vitamins above. The vitamins above were chosen since he has written about them in many of his articles. For the people wondering why Energin does not contain folic acid, or B12, please see this discussion:
DNA Methylation, Aging, And Cancer
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or send me a PM.
Thanks again for your patience.

Hi Georgi! I'm a new Peater here. I'm about 3 weeks in after discovering Ray Peat and you through Danny Roddy. First and foremost, thank you for all that you do!! ❤ I just ordered and recieved some of your vitamins. I purchased the Oxidal, Energin, SolBan, snd EstroBan. I'm confused about the Oxidal and Energin. Can these be taken internally? They both dye the skin. 20 drops of the Energin left my skin bright yellow!! I can't walk around all day with yellow skin. Lol. Recommendations on application? Please!

Thank you!!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Markus,

I hope you're not referring to my post. There's nothing wrong with what I asked. However, I did already get my answer.
No he meant his post because he edited it to have no content.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals