Lactobacillus Reuteri ATCC PTA 6475 Restores Youth In Old Mice

mrchibbs

I'm not keen on sunflower oil and silicion dioxide (and that's their product with the least problematic ingredients).

Biogaia gastrus has pretty safe ingredients:

Bulking agent (isomalt), L. reuteri DSM 17938 and L. reuteri ATCC PTA 6475, fully hydrogenated vegetable oil (palm), flavour enhancer (ascorbic acid), mandarin flavoring and mint flavoring.

Palm oil is mostly saturated, and since its hydrogenated it has little to no negative impact on the body.

It's expensive but if you use it to make batches of yogurt it can last you a long time. Based on what Ray has said before, making it into a yogurt a medium temperature for just enough time so that it coagulates is probably very safe. (It doesn't get too sour that way). You can add marmalade and raw honey, niacin amide or aspirin powder to it for a truly anti-inflammatory gut remedy.

lvysaur

water based-kefir might be able to sustain a cultivation for those that dont tolerate milk
No, you'd want to not tolerate milk in this case, which means that the lactose is making it down to the digestive tract. Perhaps some carrot/oil-lemon beforehand will nuke any "bad" bacteria which could take advantage of this.

biffbelvin

After reading the yoghurt recipe i realised that I had the exact brand of probiotics they where referring to, stashed away unused.

I've been trying it for 2 weeks now so it's early days, but did notice the following improvements on day one:
  • Bowel Movements went up to 2-3 at very regular intervals (previously 0-1)
  • Stellar ***t consistency, barely have to wipe
  • Less bloated after meals
  • Little to no flatulence after eating fruit
I've been feeling slightly 'better' these past few weeks, with respect to energy levels, exercise and motivation to paint/draw, though this could be related to something else.

This thread on Endotoxin (which motivated me to write this post), made me realise that I've been drinking twice as much water these past few weeks. Beforehand I rarely got thirsty and had a relatively low tolerance for liquids.

should not have to wipe. Should be absolutely clean toilet paper and never soil underwear.

I ordered some and I'm going to try this.

I've been adding coryceps to my regimen -- which kills archaea that account for methane production that slows gut motility. Still too early to report anything.

Miltron

Hello, I just started making l-reuteri yogurt following the exact Dr. Davis recipe. BioGaia Gastrus + plain pasteurized milk + inulin.

I am very experienced at fermentation, I have made yogurt, kefir, kombucha, nato and several others.

However first batch of reuteri yogurt looks like a failure. At the 20 hour mark I observe full separation of milk solids at the top and clear liquid whey at the bottom. Very gassy at initial container opening. Taste is like plain milk no sourness at all and the consistency is just like milk once you stir it.

I checked the temperature of the liquid and reads 36-37 Celcious (about 100 F).

At this point it looks like kefir that has been over fermented, but no sourness. Dr Davis recommends 36 hours, but at this point more fermentation will make it worse.

I would appreciate any advice from the members. I sterilized all utensils via boiling water. I did not initially heat the milk as per the recipe's instructions.

Here is my exact preperation:
1. crush in mortar 10 BioGaia Gastrus tablets into fine powder.
2. make a slurry 4 tbsp milk + 2 tbsp inulin + BioGaia powder
3. mix slurry into the rest of the milk, total 1 lt milk. Milk straight from the fridge, store bought, pasteurized cow milk.
4. Transfer into 1 lt Fido glass container.
5. Start fermentation at 37C (100F)

Kartoffel

Hello, I just started making l-reuteri yogurt following the exact Dr. Davis recipe. BioGaia Gastrus + plain pasteurized milk + inulin.

I am very experienced at fermentation, I have made yogurt, kefir, kombucha, nato and several others.

However first batch of reuteri yogurt looks like a failure. At the 20 hour mark I observe full separation of milk solids at the top and clear liquid whey at the bottom. Very gassy at initial container opening. Taste is like plain milk no sourness at all and the consistency is just like milk once you stir it.

At this point it looks like kefir that has been over fermented, but no sourness. Dr Davis recommends 36 hours, but at this point more fermentation will make it worse.

I would appreciate any advice from the members. I sterilized all utensils via boiling water. I did not initially heat the milk as per the recipe's instructions.

3. mix slurry into the rest of the milk, total 1 lt milk. Milk straight from the fridge, store bought, pasteurized cow milk.

I think there is not enough bacteria in their products. It's basically expensive garbage.

Miltron

I think there is not enough bacteria in their products. It's basically expensive garbage.

That's a strong possibility. Judging from the other two members posting their mixed results.

Probably I got a wild fermentation and not reuteri yogurt.

I will make another batch together with a control intentical fermentation that has no reuteri added. I will compare both.

Beefcake

I dont think the probiotic way is of any use. Much research point to it only increasing bacteri while taking the probiotic. Once you stop they go away. I think using prebiotics are better. In regards to that heavy saturated fat consumption has been shown to increase L reuteri in the gut heavily. So instead of trying to get hold of this bacteria you might just eat saturated fat. This might even be the mechanism how sat fat increases T.

Miltron

Any follow up here?

I have L. Reuteri from Custom Probiotics and will be trying some.

My suggestion is to first warm the milk to 83 Celsius and then cool down to 40 Celsius before adding the tablets and the fiber. Just like yogurt. The original reuteri recipe doesn't mention this. I failed twice to make reuteri yogurt but I used fridge temp milk to begin with.

I gave the recipe to another local biohacker and he reported success by warming the milk first. I will try that over this weekend.

OP
R

rei

i have no doubt. When i originally described it as feeling amazing in this thread, i was censoring quite a lot and was actually describing something that felt like dying and a rebirth. If i was into woowoo there are topics like quantum immortality and other bull**** to explore.

I don't know if it was food poisoning or 6475 but it sure as hell had a long-lasting effect. I'm still to day trying to deal with the consequences and stabilize things before i try to make my next batch and see where it kicks me.

Maljam

I started some. Quite constipating.

How long did you try it for? Any change to gut bacteria can initially produce effects like constipation, diarrhea while things normalise and see the true effects. Simply changing diets drastically, such as going from low to high carb, or low to high fat can cause similar changes.

How long did you try it for? Any change to gut bacteria can initially produce effects like constipation, diarrhea while things normalise and see the true effects. Simply changing diets drastically, such as going from low to high carb, or low to high fat can cause similar changes.

I’m sticking with it. Only a few days so far.

Ras

Drop the Gastrus, because its CFU count is too low, and it comprises another bacterium that may be undesirable. Get BioGaia Osfortis - it has the same L. reuteri ATCC PTA 6475 bacterium, but 10 billion CFU.

Broken man

Drop the Gastrus, because its CFU count is too low, and it comprises another bacterium that may be undesirable. Get BioGaia Osfortis - it has the same L. reuteri ATCC PTA 6475 bacterium, but 10 billion CFU.
Did you feel something from it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals