John McDougall Looks Awful

yerrag

Ah, I see you are well versed. I don't even know what lysing is. Hope it goes well
Should read "was that" instead of "was not." Either the spell check or my thumb not following my brain. "

Lysing is like eating away.

ShotTrue

Should read "was that" instead of "was not." Either the spell check or my thumb not following my brain. "

Lysing is like eating away.
:thumbleft
Zymessence Compared
"In nature nattokinase is always found with Vitamin K1 and that prevents the blood from becoming overly thin when eating the natto curd and taking in the nattokinase enzyme. When the nattokinase is extracted from that curd, the Vitamin K is left behind. So, of all the proteolytic enzymes it is the one most likely to create the danger of overly thin blood and cause hemorrhagic bleeding issues. We've spoken to two docs, one of whom is a very famous alternative doc, who got both themselves and their patients in bleeding trouble by using what were modest dosing levels of nattokinase."
My friend did recommend whole natto and I bought nattokinase by mistake, so whole natto seems fine. I did know it thinned the blood but perhaps I didn't understand the gravity of that

So do you use or plan on using Wong's supplement?

yerrag

:thumbleft
Zymessence Compared
"In nature nattokinase is always found with Vitamin K1 and that prevents the blood from becoming overly thin when eating the natto curd and taking in the nattokinase enzyme. When the nattokinase is extracted from that curd, the Vitamin K is left behind. So, of all the proteolytic enzymes it is the one most likely to create the danger of overly thin blood and cause hemorrhagic bleeding issues. We've spoken to two docs, one of whom is a very famous alternative doc, who got both themselves and their patients in bleeding trouble by using what were modest dosing levels of nattokinase."
My friend did recommend whole natto and I bought nattokinase by mistake, so whole natto seems fine. I did know it thinned the blood but perhaps I didn't understand the gravity of that

So do you use or plan on using Wong's supplement?
I've started using it. A bottle lasts for 2 months at 3 capsules a day (180 capsules). Will have used one bottle up by month end. I think it's working as my RDW has decreased from 13.5 to 13.1. But I'll switch to serrapeptidase when bottle is used up and see how it does for a month or two.

Last edited:

ShotTrue

I've started using it. A bottle lasts for 2 months at 3 capsules a day (180 capsules). Will have used one bottle up by month end. I think it's working as my RDW has decreased from 13.5 to 13.1. But I'll switch to serrapeptidase when bottle is used up and see how it does for a month or two.
Nice, thanks for telling me

Ledo

The amount of cholesterol in the blood is directly related to the intensity of hypothyroidism one is suffering from

Sure, I get the standard Peat tropism regarding cholesterol and Hypothyroidism. But what is unsettling is 735 guys had their arteries checked and this correlation with cholesterol was true.

What you can say though is these guys, one as young as 17, had occlusions but they were selected from a group experiencing angina of some sort so maybe the bias was strong.

Sure, I get the standard Peat tropism regarding cholesterol and Hypothyroidism. But what is unsettling is 735 guys had their arteries checked and this correlation with cholesterol was true.

What you can say though is these guys, one as young as 17, had occlusions but they were selected from a group experiencing angina of some sort so maybe the bias was strong.
Hypothyroidism has to do with cardiovascular health. The more hypothyroid, the more cholesterol and the more cardiovascular disease. Un-used cholesterol oxidizes, and the lower amounts of protective hormones probably contribute to the poorer cardiovascular situation. So, yes, although it's unsettling, it makes total sense.

CLASH

Many things seem to raise cholesterol, especially bacterial toxins as cholesterol and lipoproteins are protective against them. Cholesterol is an associative factor, it is protective in and of itself tho, atleast in my understandinf.

From my undersranding unused cholesterol doesnt not spontaneously oxidize, the fats stored within the lipoproteins if polyunsaturated oxidize and thus oxidize the cholesterol. Saturated and monounsaturated fats protect against cholesterol oxidation.

Lower amounts of protective hormones are indeed not a good thing, ateast in my opinion.

https://openheart.bmj.com/content/openhrt/5/2/e000898.full.pdf

Part Five: Cholesterol, Leaky Gut, Endotoxemia and Heart Disease

mujuro

I agree. I'd add vitamin b6 but Dr. Wong, the maker of ZymEssence, has spoken against nattokinase. His complaint was not nattokinase isn't self-limiting and lysing can go to excess with it. He prefers serrapeptidase over it yet his formula still incorporates serra as part of a blend of enzymes such as pancreatic, bromelain and papain.

Prudent. I saw a case study where someone suffered hemorrhagic stroke using nattokinase and DMAA, a designer stimulant (a potent pressor probably).

yerrag

Prudent. I saw a case study where someone suffered hemorrhagic stroke using nattokinase and DMAA, a designer stimulant (a potent pressor probably).
That is crazy. Good then to avoid nattokinase. I suppose if one wants to take it, he should also take vitamin K1 at least. I suppose it wouldn't hurt either with vitamin K2.

ShotTrue

That is crazy. Good then to avoid nattokinase. I suppose if one wants to take it, he should also take vitamin K1 at least. I suppose it wouldn't hurt either with vitamin K2.
The actual natto food has the enzyme plus the K vitamin I believe

yerrag

The actual natto food has the enzyme plus the K vitamin I believe
Yes, it does but a large amount is needed and the natto food takes some getting used to as well.

ShotTrue

You can't really blame natto when they are taking DMAA as well right? Obviously it's a blood thinner but I wonder if the worry is too much. That's all K does it thicken the blood

RayPeatFan777

Lol. Ive just realized that this is the reason WestsidePUFA's uploaded a video to YouTube about Peat.

I think the title was more inflammatory before he changed it, cant quite remember what it was.

ShotTrue

Lol. Ive just realized that this is the reason WestsidePUFA's uploaded a video to YouTube about Peat.

I think the title was more inflammatory before he changed it, cant quite remember what it was.

Is that guy Ok? Seems a bit antagonistic instead of helpful

huh. Looking at that Picture, it indeed seems like Ray has a bloated belly. I wonder if it's just an impression, since in the footage of "On the back of a tiger", when Ray is sitting, his belly is soft and relatively flat.

nbznj

The main issue with those starch based vegan docs is that they are extremely white based, even if they act all liberal and pretend that most of the world is plant based.

You look at the geographical repartition of the CHC22 clathrin (Genetic diversity of CHC22 clathrin impacts its function in glucose metabolism) and it turns out that northern and Western Europeans are far more adapted to high glucose consumption than most Africans, Asians, Latinos. Scroll over the colored graph here rs1061325 - SNPedia

Obviously, since this study has been published this year, I won’t blame McDougall for being out of the loop. But his starchivore propaganda irks me.

My interpretation is that the non-adapted populations should be better at fasting through most of the day and higher protein intakes. Even then, most people spend too much time digesting food. Sinclair advocates fasting and low carb IIRC, which is kind of consistent with the ideas above

gaze

huh. Looking at that Picture, it indeed seems like Ray has a bloated belly. I wonder if it's just an impression, since in the footage of "On the back of a tiger", when Ray is sitting, his belly is soft and relatively flat.

It’s not healthy to be ripped and old. I think in an email with @tca300 Ray said the ideal body fat percentage for all the hormones to be functioning at max capacity was around 20 percent. Ray looks somewhere close to tht number.

It’s not healthy to be ripped and old. I think in an email with @tca300 Ray said the ideal body fat percentage for all the hormones to be functioning at max capacity was around 20 percent. Ray looks somewhere close to tht number.

He said a number quite a bit higher. 28 BMI

People with more body fat as they age are healthier and live longer.

T

tca300

@Kammas

Me: What do you think is the optimal body fat percentage for a male to have on his body for best health? I've heard that keeping body fat levels low, has a large impact on keeping estrogen low. Thank you!

Ray Peat: If thyroid function, DHEA and testosterone are good, keeping muscle mass up, I think fat will usually be around 20 to 22%.

He gave a higher percentage in a KMUD interview. I can’t find it now but it was I think 27 or 28.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals