After Much Research, I Have Finally Found A Way To Get Very Low PUFA Goat Milk

TNT

@Fractality , I don't know, but I was wondering the same thing. You could call the manufacturer and ask. And if you do, please let us know. Or I might end up calling them if I decide to buy it, in which case I'll let you know.

OP
W

Waremu

That model has aluminum too so I'm not sure what @TNT is getting at? That is a cheaper model though so it's tempting given the price of shipping to USA.

Yeah, they all seem aluminum. I went with the other model because while the cheaper one is cheaper, after you factor in shipping, the difference in price isn’t a huge gap, at least not for me, so I thought I’d just go with the Motor Sich 100-18 over the Motor Sich 100-19.

The Motor Sich 100-18 is 149$ + 83.89$ for shipping. Thats 232.89$.
The cheaper one, the Motor Sich 100-19, is 109$ + 78.97$ for shipping. Thats 187.97$. Thats a difference of 44.92$. After shipping costs, I figured I'd just go with the more expensive one if the price difference is only 44.92$. But that may be a big difference to others. For me it wasn't. But the cheaper model should work just as fine I would imagine.

Fractality

I think the main thing is that the aluminum disks are non-anodized. That is what increases the risk. I think the anodized disc ones are an order of magnitude more expensive.

OP
W

Waremu

Could be, though I haven’t asked the manufacture those kind of details.

TNT

@Waremu , I watched a video on how to clean these, and there are about a million pieces! How much of a pain in the butt is it to clean? At this point, between the cleaning, needing to get an A/C adapter for American electrical outlets, the non-anodized aluminum, and the fact that the milk has to be heated, the whole thing is starting to sound like an ordeal, so I'm rethinking my desire to buy one.

OP
W

Waremu

@Waremu , I watched a video on how to clean these, and there are about a million pieces! How much of a pain in the butt is it to clean? At this point, between the cleaning, needing to get an A/C adapter for American electrical outlets, the non-anodized aluminum, and the fact that the milk has to be heated, the whole thing is starting to sound like an ordeal, so I'm rethinking my desire to buy one.

It may look like a pain if you’ve never used it before and don’t have one, but to me it’s not a pain. There are only like 6 or so parts and the drum which you take apart to wash and stack together. You combine them and then take them apart to wash them, much like a normal centrifuge juicer. Maybe a title more complex than that but similar.

This is how you assemble the separator —- it’s quite easy:

And then the drum part which is the filter, you take that apart and wash it. It looks complex but it isn’t. You just stack the plates on top of each other and then put the plate holder on top and tighten it:

Note: the black rubber stays on the drum plate holder as it comes that way so you don’t have to take it on and off every single time.

After you use it, run water through it, take it apart and rinse under hot water with the two and let it air dry. To take it apart just follow the assembly instructions but in reverse.

I only pull mine out to use once per weak. I separate all my milk in large batches together and then pour it back into the milk jugs.

So nice per weak to do this isn’t hard at all and takes now more than an hour from start to finish including clean up. But you obviously have to decide if it is right for you. For me, keeping PUFA as low as I can is important for me as someone who drinks a large amount of milk, therefore it is very much worth it for me.

Last edited:
OP
W

Waremu

Thanx, @Waremu . And did you buy a adaptor so you could plug it into an American outlet?

No. You do not need an adaptor for the 115 V unit. I bought that one. It is made for American outlets and works fine.

noordinary

I've used this method for a couple years with raw cows milk, works just fine:

Just let the milk sit in the fridge for about 3 days (about 3 days for fresh raw jersey/guernsey milk). Can't attest to the fat % but it definitely separates into skim milk and heavy cream. If the milk was in glass jars I would use this method:

Same principle: let the milk sit for a couple days in the fridge, the cream will rise to the top. Some milk takes just one day, some milk 2-3 days.
I'd guess you will not loose more nutrients by letting the milk sit a couple of days than exposing it to air/subjecting it to the action of centrifuge.

I know it's not perfect, but good enough, doable and cheap, also less cleaning. I have no idea if it works with goat milk.

TNT

@noordinary , this is great for cow milk, but goat milk is naturally homogenized, so there isn't much fat that rises to the top.

Vajra

I think the main thing is that the aluminum disks are non-anodized. That is what increases the risk. I think the anodized disc ones are an order of magnitude more expensive.
The risk of what? Just oxidation? Or toxins?
I'm thinking about getting the cheapest one, so that I can filter out the very high PUFA levels + Vitamin D in Meyenberg goat milk, since it's basically the only thing available to me as far as a2/goat milk goes. I will report with my experience if I do get it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals