Different Forms Of Arterial Plaque

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag
Sounds good to me. I havent used lysine personally, just wanted to explain its purpose in the pauling therapy protocol. Btw I started to get wierd reactions from bromelain and found some articles showing it can be an allergen, as well as increase gut permeability, so I’d be careful with that one.
I used to eat pineapple or drink pineapple juice regularly, because I feel the bromelain is a good enzyme for digesting protein. I've had no reactions to it. The only allergy to food I've had is mangoes, but that was when I was an infant. I suppose I was introduced to it too early, but since then I've had no food allergies even at my most vulnerable moments when I was having frequent problems with allergic rhinitis. I think it has a lot to do with increased metabolism, as Ray Peat has said that with increased energy we are less prone to allergies.

CLASH

@Broken man
Allergic reactions, including asthma, to the pineapple protease bromelain following occupational exposure. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.researchgate.net/public...a_caused_by_bromelain_an_occupational_allergy

Improvement of the intestinal membrane permeability of low molecular weight heparin by complexation with stem bromelain - ScienceDirect

Papain and bromelain are similar to latex components of plants if I’m not mistaken. I think allergy is relatively rare from the fruit itself, my caution is more towards a powdered supplement. Bromelain also degrades biofilms, in doing so can make bacteria more pathogenic, so that can also cause symptoms.

Broken man

@Broken man
Allergic reactions, including asthma, to the pineapple protease bromelain following occupational exposure. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.researchgate.net/public...a_caused_by_bromelain_an_occupational_allergy

Improvement of the intestinal membrane permeability of low molecular weight heparin by complexation with stem bromelain - ScienceDirect

Papain and bromelain are similar to latex components of plants if I’m not mistaken. I think allergy is relatively rare from the fruit itself, my caution is more towards a powdered supplement. Bromelain also degrades biofilms, in doing so can make bacteria more pathogenic, so that can also cause symptoms.
I search for some studies and most of them if not all are due to nasal ingestion.

akgrrrl

True. I'm doing the preventative part already, so what's left is dealing with the plaque that's already set in. I've tried all those except for ginger and it's not that they don't work, they probably work but the rate they work is glacial and I'll be dead by the time I see signifiant benefit from them.

So I'm employing all thes abovementioned items (except garlic and ginger) plus some more of the items I mentioned in the original post.[/QU

Just saying here, intake of these three, like thus, not so glacial and very pleasant..has so far saved me from the fate of my parents by ten years.
Amazon purchase in bulk and blended in equal amounts:
Ceylon cinnamon, yellow turmeric, organic dried powdered ginger. 1 tsp in cup with boiling water plus honey plus raw coconut cream. Drops of black pepper oil magnifies it as told by captain orange another thread...Every morning sometimes more oftwn during the day.

akgrrrl

Darn. My post is encapsulated in yerrags quoted post. Been awhile since I posted lol

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@akgrrrl :

So I'm employing all thes abovementioned items (except garlic and ginger) plus some more of the items I mentioned in the original post.[/QU

Just saying here, intake of these three, like thus, not so glacial and very pleasant..has so far saved me from the fate of my parents by ten years.
Amazon purchase in bulk and blended in equal amounts:
Ceylon cinnamon, yellow turmeric, organic dried powdered ginger. 1 tsp in cup with boiling water plus honey plus raw coconut cream. Drops of black pepper oil magnifies it as told by captain orange another thread...Every morning sometimes more oftwn during the day.

That's great news! What improvements did you see?

I'd like to try that, but can I do without the raw coconut cream? I take raw coconut cream with my milk, and doesn't that taste better without the raw coconut cream?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Please read my posts on the importance of the Zeta Potential to cardiovascular health. Also, bacteria from the mouth (gum disease, root canal infections, etc.) can easily enter the blood stream and form biofilms on the arterial walls and also on heart valves - that happened to a friend of mine that couldn't afford regular dental cleaning. His heart valve was partially eaten by those biofilms. So it can start like this: you have a tooth ache, you visit the dentist, he performs a root canal, the tooth is dead now. Microbes move into the micron-size tubular holes in the dentin, and enter the blood stream. Then, due to a weak Zeta Potential, the microbes settle in the arterial walls and cause inflammation of the blood vessels. This causes restriction of blood flow, the body compensates by raising the blood pressure. And so on...

I've been wanting to make my own Zeta solution. Hope I can find the time to make it and use it. However, it's for good blood flow rather than to prevent biofilm formation as I think it's long been there already. But making sure blood flows well helps a lot, espeially when plaque starts to come off my vessel walls if my approach to remove arterial plaque works.

I suspect the biofilms are being breached, and from there bacteria is being released into the blood stream. A recent CBC blood test still shows increased WBC and neutrophils, which could indicate that they are responding to the release of bacteria.

akgrrrl

Hey yerrag, sorry I didnt get back to this thread to answer you on the milk with spices drink, I have been 3 weeks cross country with no small adventures in between...but some form of milk makes it best. I just love the richness of coconut cream for its oil in my brain and system. If I use cow milk, i supplement with an additional spoon of coconut oil. I noticed this drink serves me like any herbal adaptogenic tea would, sharper focus, smooth joints moves, feel it if I miss it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Hey yerrag, sorry I didnt get back to this thread to answer you on the milk with spices drink, I have been 3 weeks cross country with no small adventures in between...but some form of milk makes it best. I just love the richness of coconut cream for its oil in my brain and system. If I use cow milk, i supplement with an additional spoon of coconut oil. I noticed this drink serves me like any herbal adaptogenic tea would, sharper focus, smooth joints moves, feel it if I miss it.
That's really nice. Is that like a survival trip? I've only done it once but for a week only with guys from a mountaineering club. I think the coconut milk or oil is a good idea. I'll try your potion as well as incorporate coconut milk into the Chai Tea I've started to drink instead of coffee. I just hope all the spices can do some damage to the bacteria that I think seem to be coming off the biofilms bring broken up.

akgrrrl

That's really nice. Is that like a survival trip? I've only done it once but for a week only with guys from a mountaineering club. I think the coconut milk or oil is a good idea. I'll try your potion as well as incorporate coconut milk into the Chai Tea I've started to drink instead of coffee. I just hope all the spices can do some damage to the bacteria that I think seem to be coming off the biofilms bring broken up.

Oh yes this drink supplants my even my home made chai tea...most requested beverage when i have catered or camp cooked...brew 4 to 6 bags of tea your choice (black teas for caffeine, Celestial Seasonings Bengal Tea for none) set this aside to steep and boil cinnamon (again ceylon for best blood sugar balancing) cardamom either pods or ground, FRESH grated nutmeg (ground nutmeg only holds its therapeutics for 2 weeks unless you cap it and disallow oxidation) white pepper but especially red pepper, and a dash of cloves. Sweeten with raw honey and then load it with your favorite milk, reheating to boiling with the steeped tea. Occasionally i thicken this with arrowroot for that wunnerful smooth feel on the palate.
That said, I have now traveled 3,800 miles across america with naught but the little rescue dog (well, maybe a weapon or two) I am currently in Angelfire NM on a remote retreat parcel, taking a 1 year job suitable to this old persons skillsets. I regret not having journaled since my departure last Sept.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Oh yes this drink supplants my even my home made chai tea...most requested beverage when i have catered or camp cooked...brew 4 to 6 bags of tea your choice (black teas for caffeine, Celestial Seasonings Bengal Tea for none) set this aside to steep and boil cinnamon (again ceylon for best blood sugar balancing) cardamom either pods or ground, FRESH grated nutmeg (ground nutmeg only holds its therapeutics for 2 weeks unless you cap it and disallow oxidation) white pepper but especially red pepper, and a dash of cloves. Sweeten with raw honey and then load it with your favorite milk, reheating to boiling with the steeped tea. Occasionally i thicken this with arrowroot for that wunnerful smooth feel on the palate.
That said, I have now traveled 3,800 miles across america with naught but the little rescue dog (well, maybe a weapon or two) I am currently in Angelfire NM on a remote retreat parcel, taking a 1 year job suitable to this old persons skillsets. I regret not having journaled since my departure last Sept.
That comes very close to the chai I make in terms of the ingredients. I use Orange Pekoe tea that you can buy in a lb. packaging in Indian grocery stores. These are actually leftover bits from processing where whole leaves command a premium, and so are a lot cheaper and suitable for chai. It's kinda like using a cheaper beer, like Pabst, for making shandy, as you don't want to pay extra for the taste that's going to be drowned out in other flavors anyway. It's the blend of spices that really makes a good chai tea. I should try to get fresh grated nutmeg although I don't know where to find one, an Indian store maybe? I like that you use white pepper and red pepper. I was thinking of using fresh chili pepper (for its cardiovascular benefits) but seeing that you use red pepper that doesn't sound so offbeat to try. The arrowroot is an interesting add. I can see how it can thicken the tea and give a fuller feel to it.

Have you used ginger with it? It puts a nice kick into it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Interesting read on plaque as far as how our innate immune system is involved in its formation. This review is a relatively recent one, published last year, 2018, and although it's a long read, it wasn't so hard to read through. I just love it when authors write in an understandable manner, where I spend less time parsing through what they mean. Anyway, this review touches on the interaction between neutrophils and monocytes/macrophages and how these components of the immune system need to be tightly regulated, and how homeostatis is important. I got into researching this as I was disappointed that in implementing my own protocols to improve my hypertensive condition by focusing on arterial plaque removal, I was surprised to see that my hypertension worsened, and along with my wbc and my neutrophils increased, instead of going down. It seemed to me that bacteria had been let loose from the breakdown of plaque and the biofilm attached to it, and it has led to this state of affairs. I guess inflammation increased, from the various mediators of inflammation running amok, such as cytokines and chemokines, along with the increase in neutrophils. I'm not necessarily in panic mode, given that this could at best be some sort of Herxheimer reaction, but then again, I've been through times where I've fooled myself into thinking a bad thing developing is a good thing, only to realize too late I was deluding myself. Now, I know better.

Partners in crime: neutrophils and monocytes/macrophages in inflammation and disease

Abstract

Neutrophils are becoming recognized as highly versatile and sophisticated cells that display de novo synthetic capacity and potentially prolonged lifespan. Emerging concepts such as neutrophil heterogeneity and plasticity have revealed that, under pathological conditions, neutrophils may differentiate into discrete subsets defined by distinct phenotypic and functional characteristics. Indeed, these newly described neutrophil subsets will undoubtedly add to the already complex interactions between neutrophils and other immune cell types for an effective immune response. The interactions between neutrophils and monocytes/ macrophages enable the host to efficiently defend against and eliminate foreign pathogens. However, it is also becoming increasingly clear that these interactions can be detrimental to the host if not tightly regulated. In this review, we will explore the functional cooperation of neutrophil and monocytes/macrophages in homeostasis, during acute inflammation and in various disease settings. We will discuss this in the context of cardiovascular disease in the form of atherosclerosis, an autoimmune disease mainly occurring in the kidneys, as well as the unique intestinal immune response of the gut that does not conform to the norms of the typical immune system.

It's very interesting though, that this is the very first time I've come across a statement that agrees with my thinking, in its statement: ...athersosclerosis, an autoimmune disease mainly occurring in the kidneys, as well as the uniawue intestinal immune response of the gut..." I happen to have hypertension, and it is a kidney issue, and it is also a cardiovascular issue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5820413/pdf/441_2017_Article_2753.pdf

akgrrrl

I just love that you continue to research and uplift your knowledge on this. Thankyou for letting me piggyback on all that you have found. I remain convinced that angiogenisis or rather anti angiogenisis is my saving grace through food and fasting. I hope that I can extend my fasting tolerance to days, someday. The vision of my last visit to my grandfather as he succumbed to athersclerosis was terrible indeed. And as all my family passed from versions of arterial conditions into cancers i remain the last one standing. Just as your high BP serves as your reminder, so does my solitude serve me. Also, i cannot omit my gratitude for this forum, and souls like you, for the last year and 1/2 has been seminal to mental and physical improvements solved right here.

akgrrrl

And YES the ginger addition would be awesome. I think i overlooked it because it is so present in the turmeric milk recipe.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I just love that you continue to research and uplift your knowledge on this. Thankyou for letting me piggyback on all that you have found. I remain convinced that angiogenisis or rather anti angiogenisis is my saving grace through food and fasting. I hope that I can extend my fasting tolerance to days, someday. The vision of my last visit to my grandfather as he succumbed to athersclerosis was terrible indeed. And as all my family passed from versions of arterial conditions into cancers i remain the last one standing. Just as your high BP serves as your reminder, so does my solitude serve me. Also, i cannot omit my gratitude for this forum, and souls like you, for the last year and 1/2 has been seminal to mental and physical improvements solved right here.

I'm glad you share in appreciating reading these articles. Ideas that open us to hope and take away our helplessness are valuable.

johnwester130

@yerrag
-Vit C
-Lysine
-Proline
*as mentioned above this is the pauling protocol. The lysine is taken to bind to Lipoprotein A as this lipid has multiple binding sites for lysine this inhibiting its deposition into the vascular wall. Vit C is the co-factor for collagen synsthesis to repair the vasculature. Proline is requires for the vascular repair.

-Collagen peptides
*the collagen peptides can aid, in combination with vit C in endothelial repair

-Bromelain
-Serrapeptase
* these enzymes are fibrin degraders, they can help to block fibrin deposition and perhaps degrade bacterial biofilms made from fibrin. I have now supplemented with serrapeptase. The bromelain I get from eating pineapple.

-Vit E
*using vit E combined with avoiding PUFA, increasing intake of coconut oil and long chain saturated fatty acids from tallow/ cocoa butter can help to block the oxidative damage and protect from endotoxin

-Vit D3
-Magnesium
-Vit k2-mk4/ mk7
-vit A
*these four function in calcium regulation and can help with soft tissue calcification.

-Eating enough carbs to keep thyroid high to produce CO2 and to push cholesterol into steroid production. The CO2 is what makes vit k work. Pushing cholesterol into steroid production can inhibit it from binding to the vascular wall and increase the protective hormones.

-enough protein is important for liver detox.

-fibers from mainly fruits and vegetables may help with a bowel endotoxin situation as well assuming theres not a major dysbiosis.

this could explain why pauling therapy doesn't work for everyone

because i don't think pauling therapy removes calcified plaque.

CLASH

this could explain why pauling therapy doesn't work for everyone

because i don't think pauling therapy removes calcified plaque.

Certain fruits have been implicated in reversing atherosclerosis, I think pomegranate fruit juice was one.

Its really a whole system in theory and pauling therapy only works on one area. Damage has to be stopped, then reversed and then new tissue regenerated. The fat solubles in the right ratio should be able to mobilize calcium.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Dr. Peat wrote a newsletter I think in 2009 about taking potassium iodide for removing plaques.

STUDIES ON THE PREVENTION OF CHOLESTEROL ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN RABBITS : I. THE EFFECTS OF WHOLE THYROID AND OF POTASSIUM IODIDE

People have taken many grams a day without ill effect.

Dr. Peat writes:
The only publications I have seen that
presented clear evidence of the disappearance of
arteriosclerosis involved treatment with iodides.
In the retina, blood vessels can be seen to return
to their normal appearance following a course of
iodide treatment. Besides its possible direct
effects on the mucins, iodide might help to
eliminate calciwn from the walls of blood vessels,
since calcium iodide is very soluble.
I've been using potassium iodide - as SSKI (supersaturated potassium iodide) taking 3drops twice a day, but I'm using it with 3 drops mb mixed with some distilled water just so I can swirl it in my mouth to disinfect the mouth of periodontal pathogens, and then I swallow it as a general antibiotic. I would also use a red light pen (Tendlite I bought in Amazon) and shining it inside my mouth right after I swallow the solution, while it's fresh. The red light potentiates the effect. I've seen the gingival abscess recede a lot.

As for my bp issue, I think SSKI is providing some help as it is allowing the immune system to produce HOI- as ROS instead of HOCl-, and HOI- ROS is less inflammatory and could help with making my immune response to infection and toxins less inflammatory.

Ray Peat bringing up that study is a good thing as I had the impression that Ray Peat is against anything that has to do with iodine intake. As Ray would say, everything is context dependent.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

The usual stuff that we learn from Ray and on the forum. Diet low in PUFA, thyroid, progesterone support, glucose metabolism and so on. Bs, mag, potassium, Mn, Cu, selenium, iodine , Q10, D, K2, calcium Check out Healthy Heart Plus if you'd like.
My understanding is that plaque sloughs off like a scab does as the skin heals from injury (a cut).

I heard good things about Nattokinase in tough cases as well.
Thanks, this is helpful.

johnwester130

I've been using potassium iodide - as SSKI (supersaturated potassium iodide) taking 3drops twice a day, but I'm using it with 3 drops mb mixed with some distilled water just so I can swirl it in my mouth to disinfect the mouth of periodontal pathogens, and then I swallow it as a general antibiotic. I would also use a red light pen (Tendlite I bought in Amazon) and shining it inside my mouth right after I swallow the solution, while it's fresh. The red light potentiates the effect. I've seen the gingival abscess recede a lot.

As for my bp issue, I think SSKI is providing some help as it is allowing the immune system to produce HOI- as ROS instead of HOCl-, and HOI- ROS is less inflammatory and could help with making my immune response to infection and toxins less inflammatory.

Ray Peat bringing up that study is a good thing as I had the impression that Ray Peat is against anything that has to do with iodine intake. As Ray would say, everything is context dependent.

is this nascent iodine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals