Fungus And Coconut Oil

BobbyDukes

This jar of coconut oil had just a thin crust of coconut oil inside it, that has been in my bedroom for 6 months, or so.

There is now something growing on it. It still smells of coconut. Ironically, it smells of actual coconut flesh. You know that sort of chemically 'coconutty' flavour?

I didn't know that coconut oil could become food for fungus.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 540
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 537

Amazoniac

Some small organisms do have mitochondria and are able to oxidize fat. You are probably right, it must be funghi growing since they are eukaryotes that were exposed to the fats + air. But it can be also be other microbes from the sediments of coconut meal that tend to precipitate at the bottom..

jyb

BobbyDukes said:
I didn't know that coconut oil could become food for fungus.

Coconut oil is ripe with fungi when produced. Google coconut oil and aflatoxin. Decades of studies observing high levels and questioning whether it is safe for the public to eat it.

RobertJM

Coconut oil is ripe with fungi when produced. Google coconut oil and aflatoxin. Decades of studies observing high levels and questioning whether it is safe for the public to eat it.

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. Has anyone ever brought this up with Peat? Seems an odd thing to recommend by Peat if it’s ripe with fungi. These molds are presumably present in chocolate and coffee too. Basically all the fun stuff. Anything else, anyone know?

I thought I was being healthy by eating coconut oil. What about cacao butter?

I will email Peat about this I think. Nothing major. Just a quick question.

B

BRBsavinWorld

That’s the first I’ve ever heard of this. Has anyone ever brought this up with Peat? Seems an odd thing to recommend by Peat if it’s ripe with fungi. These molds are presumably present in chocolate and coffee too. Basically all the fun stuff. Anything else, anyone know?

I thought I was being healthy by eating coconut oil. What about cacao butter?

I will email Peat about this I think. Nothing major. Just a quick question.
Did he respond?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals