Urine Therapy

johnsmith

Does it have to be yellow piss or will watered down clear piss work?

My piss was so yellow and bad I had to water it down with tonic water. I doubt many people on this forum have clear piss. I've heard a report of someone getting sick drinking their piss when it was cloudy. But they say everyones piss is like a customized medicine for themselves.

I also found this which was interesting. Don't know what to make of it, I don't speak greek.

“As for the ouroboros, the common alchemical image of the serpent suposedly eating its own tail as emblematic of constant death and regeneration: the term, which is usually interpreted as ‘tail-eater,’ is more easily translated as ‘urine-eater.’ The word for ‘urine’ in Greek is ouron, whereas the ‘tail’ is oura, leaving the connecting omicron in our-o-boros without explanation; supposedly it derives from a version of oura as orros, but that leaves unexplained the initial ou – and the lack of a double rr.”
— Carl Ruck, page 51, from The Hidden World, Carolina Academic Press, 2007

Xisca

Ecosia - the search engine that plants trees

I had not seen this thread before... and I was just having the idea that there was something similar between urine therapy and contrarian endocrinology....
Also, I had an organic acids urine test, and there are many things in there!
So, it can make sense that we can beneficiate for this very ancient therapy.
Just think also that they do urine test for cortisol! So yes there are hormones in there. It can explain its use, in the light of contrarian endocrinology!?
My piss was so yellow
No this is vitamine B from taking @haidut energin! :rolling

RobertJM

Isn't the idea of urine therapy that you drink nothing but your own urine for a period of time? So it starts off pretty rank and cloudy, and then progressively as you drink it (over and over again), it gets further filtered until it starts to clear. So you wouldn't be downing milk, coffee & OJ along with your urine. No Sir.

Ive read that the morning drink of urine is the most nourishing. This one is the most inportant as that's the one with all the goodness.

But they also say that the diet that you eat will make it taste a certain way. So foods that poison you (for whatever reason) will make it taste quite unpleasant (or more so).

Xisca

The main attractions of this ultimate home brew are its cost, availability and portability.
Isn't the idea of urine therapy that you drink nothing but your own urine for a period of time?
I don't think so. You drink the midstream of your morning urine only.
Very complete: Urine: Your Own Perfect Medicine
includes the ingredient list!

I have the idea also that if there are toxins, maybe they are then eliminated by the intestine?
What if detoxing and eliminating heavy metals? @Ella ?

I found "...sends the body a signal about what is in or out of balance"

johnsmith

No this is vitamine B from taking @haidut energin! :rolling

HAHA too true, I take the full dose every day.

Some people on here were surprised there was so little urea in the ingredients of urine. One member weighed out 3 tbs of urea as being 38g. And I believe Ray Peat has suggested one could try taking 1/4 teaspoon to a teaspoon in a cup of juice at a time, or even 30 grams at a time. I found this quote in the link you listed. "amniotic fluid that surrounds human infants in the womb is primarily urine. Actually, the infant “breathes in” urine-filled amniotic fluid continually, and without this fluid, the lungs don’t develop."

Do you guys think the nutritional ingredients of urine are that substantial?
  • Alanine, total ….. 38 mg/day
  • Arginine, total ….. 32 mg/day
  • Ascorbic acid ….. 30 mg/day
  • Allantoin ….. 12 mg/day
  • Amino acids, total ….. 2.1 g/day
  • Bicarbonate ….. 140 mg/day
  • Biotin ….. 35 mg/day
  • Calcium ….. 23 mg/day
  • Creatinine ….. 1.4 mg/day
  • Cystine ….. 120 mg/day
  • Dopamine ….. 0.40 mg/day
  • Epinephrine ….. 0.01 mg/day
  • Folic acid ….. 4 mg/day
  • Glucose ….. 100 mg/day
  • Glutamic acid ….. 308 mg/day
  • Glycine ….. 455 mg/day
  • Inositol ….. 14 mg/day
  • Iodine ….. 0.25 mg/day
  • Iron ….. 0.5 mg/day
  • Lysine, total ….. 56 mg/day
  • Magnesium ….. 100 mg/day
  • Manganese ….. 0.5 mg/day
  • Methionine, total ….. 10 mg/day
  • Nitrogen, total ….. 15 g/day
  • Ornithine ….. 10 mg/day
  • Pantothenic acid ….. 3 mg/day
  • Phenylalanine ….. 21 mg/day
  • Phosphorus, organic ….. 9 mg/day
  • Potassium ….. 2.5 mg/day
  • Proteins, total ….. 5 mg/day
  • Riboflavin ….. 0.9 mg/day
  • Tryptophan, total ….. 28 mg/day
  • Tyrosine, total ….. 50 mg/day
  • Urea ….. 24.5 mg/day
  • Vitamin B6 ….. 100 mg/day
  • Vitamin B12 ….. 0.03 mg/day
  • Zinc ….. 1.4 mg/day

If the positive benefits of urine drinking aren't just from the urea content, maybe @Dan Wich should change his meme at Urea/carbamide sources that meet US Pharmacopeia standards - Toxinless to "Maybe I should still drink my piss too tho."

Someone asks Ray Peat about urine drinking in this video at 50:36.

Also, I heard urine is anti-bacterial, so maybe it could replace the daily carrot salad. Shredding carrots its too much work anyways. Plus it could probably help me cut back on @haidut Energin.

Why would the body excrete a liquid that it's beneficial? Urine therapy doesn't make any sense to me. What's the rationale behind it?

John W. Armstrong mentions in his book, 'The Water of Life: a treatise on urine therapy' that yogic shapes and deep breathing are also not a part of basic intuition yet they universally benefit our health.

Also that trees which grow on soil which haven't been fertilized by the dead leaves of local foliage (though not limited to the clippings of that species of tree) are much more likely to develop cancerous tumors when grown in 'dead' soil as it were.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals