Anyone Know How To Treat Gout?

I think I may have given myself gout. I ate a diet of high red meat, soda, oysters, and a few other things. I think it was all too much for my body because I wasn't eating any milk and in an effort to try to increase zinc and supplementing magnesium.

I notice I have joint pain now in my hands and sometimes my feet and I notice it in the same spots. I thought it was my body leeching magnesium or calcium from my bones, but my prolactin came back as 7 and I get enough of those.

I think it is gout. But I don't know how to treat it. I notice I get it if I eat oranges or other random things. I'm not sure what to do to fix it....... maybe a lot of water or calcium?

I went to the doctor he basically said everything was normal.... so I don't know what to do.

My hair is falling out like literal rocket fire now and is itchy a lot... I'm pretty sure I will be bald soon... the spots are starting to show now unfortunately... sigh.

I think if I can figure this gout thing out I will be okay though.

OP
mayweatherking
I also gained a lot of weight during this time.. I went from 150 to 170.........

PeatThemAll

This video provides insights on the uric acid / fat switch triggers (around 18 min.) You might want to try going vegan-ish for a short while to see if it's really gout (watch out for too much intake nevertheless, as mentioned in the video). The bitter (sour?) kind of cherry juice can help too.

skycop00

This video provides insights on the uric acid / fat switch triggers (around 18 min.) You might want to try going vegan-ish for a short while to see if it's really gout (watch out for too much intake nevertheless, as mentioned in the video). The bitter (sour?) kind of cherry juice can help too.

So he is saying sugar and fructose are controlling the switch for fat storage? Well I would look at the high fruit eating populations that are lean and healthy all over the world. Plenty examples of people eating 8000-10000 calories, mostly vegan, running around at 5% body fat and highly athletic

J

James IV

So he is saying sugar and fructose are controlling the switch for fat storage? Well I would look at the high fruit eating populations that are lean and healthy all over the world. Plenty examples of people eating 8000-10000 calories, mostly vegan, running around at 5% body fat and highly athletic

Who are these people/populations?

Simonsays

See Haiduts latest post re Gout, live with the pain and have a functioning brain!

OP
mayweatherking
See Haiduts latest post re Gout, live with the pain and have a functioning brain!

Where is that? I don't want to live with the pain, I want to make it go away permanentenly. I think I've had this before and it disappeared like 4 or 5 years ago.

i emailed king pimp ray peat, and here's what he had to say, and it actually makes sense:

Endotoxin from the intestine is the main thing, probably bacteria in the small intestine. Carrot salad, cooked mushrooms, maybe flowers of sulfur or antibiotic, and thyroid to activate digestive secretions.

Anytime I have a bowel movement....... I notice the pain goes away. I also have chronic dry skin sometimes........ and when I have a bowel movement all of a sudden my pores activate and my skin is not dry within 10 mins.......................................................................................................................................... and i have fungus on my chest that won't go away....... i actually fixed it by doing this zinc supplement, but then I get this bone ache..............................

Simonsays

The drug i was given was Colchicine? It worked. But basic anti inflammatories with increased fluid also worked.

What is your fluid intake like? I think if its low , the crystals form in the joints.

If youre overdoing the meat, maybe increase the skimmed milk intake for protein, calcium and fluid.

Simonsays

Are you sure its Gout? Is the joint red and very very tender to touch. I tend to get it it in joint at base of big toe.

OP
mayweatherking
Are you sure its Gout? Is the joint red and very very tender to touch. I tend to get it it in joint at base of big toe.

Actually, no, I'm not sure at all. I just searched online joint pain with sugar and I found it can be caused by eating a diet high in red meat and soda which is what I did. There is nothing really red at all. I just feel it in my fingers and toes.

here is something intesresting though. I made it go away completely by avoiding thyroid. Okay... so I started taking thyroid again, but at a much lower dose, like .15/grain. Today, I did that dose and was feeling good. Then, I took vitamin A about 45-50k, vitamin K2 on skin 20mg, and vitamin D, 10k. Boom, the bone pain and dry skin hit me.

I think it is actually something ddifferent, something from those vitamins............. I think I may have screwed myself from those vitamins, I lost a lot of hair from this actually.... I don't know what though. I think the ratios could be off. Or I'm missing vitamin E possibly from too much A.

Simonsays

It doesnt sound like Gout to me . Gouty joints have crystals formed in them, they are extremely tender to any form of touch. You usually get in one joint in the extremities, toes or fingers

I used to get multiple joint pain in many joints (hips, knees ankles, neck , wrists etc), more arthritic pain, not as severe as eye watering gout. This was before i was diagnosed hypothyroid. Joint pain and muscle aches (fibromyalgia) , is a common hypo symptom i learnt many years later. I thought it was arthritis.

Maybe you should cut down on vitamins thyroid for a while and concentrate on eating better?? Why dose up on Vit A , you should get this form diet??

judge

Baking soda! I have helped many people suffering from inflammation due to Gout. Baking soda works really fast, sometimes in minutes! One teaspoon of baking soda mixed in 8 or more ounces of water until clear and drink it! If you want to prevent gout, drink a tablespoon of vinegar everyday, in anything, juice water, etc Good luck!

Motif

Has this raw carrot thing ever really helped somebody with serious issues? I have to say I doubt that.

NathanK

Actually, no, I'm not sure at all. I just searched online joint pain with sugar and I found it can be caused by eating a diet high in red meat and soda which is what I did. There is nothing really red at all. I just feel it in my fingers and toes.

here is something intesresting though. I made it go away completely by avoiding thyroid. Okay... so I started taking thyroid again, but at a much lower dose, like .15/grain. Today, I did that dose and was feeling good. Then, I took vitamin A about 45-50k, vitamin K2 on skin 20mg, and vitamin D, 10k. Boom, the bone pain and dry skin hit me.

I think it is actually something ddifferent, something from those vitamins............. I think I may have screwed myself from those vitamins, I lost a lot of hair from this actually.... I don't know what though. I think the ratios could be off. Or I'm missing vitamin E possibly from too much A.
How did this work out? I remember getting arthritic pain in my right hand years ago when I first started Peating, which was really odd. I thought it was probably some excipient in my Vit A (modestly dosed over 2-3 months) so I stopped A altogether and it all went away.

Reading over Grant G.'s stuff this year made me reevaluate that it was likely the Vit A. I never bothered revisiting the supplement and nor did the pain ever come back like that. Another person on FB said they had a similar experience.

mipp

How did this work out? I remember getting arthritic pain in my right hand years ago when I first started Peating, which was really odd. I thought it was probably some excipient in my Vit A (modestly dosed over 2-3 months) so I stopped A altogether and it all went away.

Reading over Grant G.'s stuff this year made me reevaluate that it was likely the Vit A. I never bothered revisiting the supplement and nor did the pain ever come back like that. Another person on FB said they had a similar experience.
Interesting, I experienced something similar when I tried Peating a few years ago, except the pain was in my left hand, mostly localized in my wrist. I think it was either OJ or high sucrose intake, I'm not sure. It went away when I lowered my sugar intake, including OJ, and switched to starch. Eventually I dropped OJ completely because I realized it was causing other problems as well.
I wasn't taking any supplements and I'm sure in my case it wasn't VA related.

OP
mayweatherking

i just do A in smaller amounts now, the bigger amounts cause problems for me

LUH 3417

Has this raw carrot thing ever really helped somebody with serious issues? I have to say I doubt that.
It has a laxative effect for me. If I eat the carrot salad I don’t have to take cascara to promote daily BMs. Otherwise I easily get constipated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals