The Travis Corner

Ras

I've read many of the various pro-tobacco websites, Nightlight's posts on longecity, and this whole thread re: nicotine's positives. I still haven't seen a reasonable justification though for why these positive effects wouldn't be gotten from vaporizing tobacco, from using a pipe/cigar (harm reduction), from using a tobacco extract ejuice, or using smokeless tobacco. Or nicotine gum/patch, but people are saying tobacco has all these extra benefits so that wasn't listed. So I can only see cigarettes as simply being more pleasurable and enjoyable than these alternative delivery mechanisms which ostensibly would give the same benefits, unless there's something specifically beneficial about inhaling combusted tobacco. I think this is fine, not everything everyone does has to be fully 100% healthy, but it's just interesting how many pro-tobacco folks appear to smoke cigarettes and often neglect alternate delivery methods that would seem to have all of the benefits with much, much less risk. I don't personally believe that taking gamma tocopherol is enough protection against the tar from cigarettes to consider it enough harm reduction. I wish there was more incorporation of the "hedonic calculus" involved in arguments for smoking rather than just espousing the physical benefits of tobacco repeatedly. Because people enjoying their life and having less stress often are healthier, so if for whatever reason cigarettes bring that much pleasure to you, and if you've been smoking daily for 4 decades, it might actually outweigh certain physical downsides in some cases. There was a post by Travis here saying he thought nicotine gum was the healthiest delivery method too (which I took to mean delivery mechanism for nicotine only, compared to vaping ejuice or something), but I didn't see any specific comments about what you don't get with just nicotine vs tobacco.
I imagine few smoking advocates would be such were smoking altogether very unpleasant.

Nighteyes

@Travis what about buckwheat? I am trying to find some info and it seems that it could be good. Thank you.

Unfortunitely you may have to wait a long time for a reply from him :( in my oppinion buckwheat is way too high in oxalates. Gave me tooth and joint pain when I tried using it as a source of magnesium... but I am also super sensitive to spinach and other high oxalate foods. Just a heads up that I could have used :)

Terma

Macadamia nut oil is about 3-5% PUFA, 6-10% palmitic, 15-20% palmitoleic, 60-65% oleic, and about 3% arachidic/gadoleic/stearic.

In case you didn't know, palmitoleic is the monounsaturated version of oleic. Oleic acid is stearic acid with one double bond; palmitoleic acid is palmitic acid with one double bond. Both are quite stable, much more stable than any PUFA.

50g of macadamia nut oil will net you around 2.5g PUFA.

If you're willing to consume an oil that's 5% PUFA, then you should take a look at high-oleic sunflower seed oil. It's 80-85% oleic acid, 10-15% stearic/palmitic, and 3% PUFA. 41mg mixed tocopherols per 100g of oil.

It's maybe 35% cheaper than macadamia oil. But with how expensive macadamia nuts are, I think most macadamia oil is probably cut with cheaper oils. I mean just looking at how expensive the nuts by themselves are, and calcularing how much oil they have/cost, the prices for the oil seems economically impossible.

Edit: and I don't see why anyone would fake high oleic SS oil as it's so cheap to produce.

saff.jpg

sallnutrition.jpg

(I'm actually going to use ghee, but this will be nice to have when I'm poor)

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Piranha are powerful fish, and they live in the Amazon. So I wonder if you are supplementing your diet with the power and energy of the mighty piranha.
Their feeding time reminds me of forum members on Trabis' posts. It's not a joke, I had this image for a while.
What's weird is that where I live the term is also used in a pejorative way, meaning 'b!tch'. It's probably relat'd to the voracity that they.. devour whatever's in front of them.

Their feeding time reminds me of forum members on Trabis' posts. It's not a joke, I had this image for a while.
What's weird is that where I live the term is also used in a pejorative way, meaning 'b!tch'. It's probably relat'd to the voracity that they.. devour whatever's in front of them.

I of course meant it as high praise. You are amazing, Senhor Amazoniac!

LeeLemonoil

I post the following here because Travis was so keen on and knowledgeable about fatty acids, their metabolites and physiological and metabolic function.

Only very recently hydroxylated Derivates of fatty acids got attention of the scientific and medical world. It’s very sad that Travis is no longer here, he would have a filed day discussing these. Look at this one, a hydroxy-hybride of forum-favorites stearic and palmitic acid, and a crucial metabolic role it seems to play:

Adipose tissue dysfunction is associated with low levels of the novel Palmitic Acid Hydroxystearic Acids. - PubMed - NCBI

@haidut - I tag you here, maybe you can sweep the Pubmed on these fatty acids, highly interesting stuff just emerging. Don’t know how available or costly those acids are, but they potentially also fit into your choices of novel idealabs-products

Terma

Travis please comment:

Time is NOT real: Physicists show EVERYTHING happens at the same time

Alternatively, time is circular and the reason we have no free will is because everything you're about to do, you've already done. But I find that esoteric.

The universe is a heartbeat. The universe is a heart. The heart. We are the heart. We are the heart of God. We are part of the body of God. The body. The body of God. Take heed the body of God!

It will not extinguish as long as we help keep God alive. God needs us. He needs us as much as we need him. This is what binds us. This is not for nothing.

God lives in a greater universe. But what is the greater universe?

If you're still alive, lather 10mg progesterone onto your skin before bedtime. The next day, combine low-dose phenibut, 40mg pure THC from Broken Coast oil (I'll smuggle it), 500mg magnesium from magnesium aspartate, sugar, D-ribose, histidine, beta-alanine, a little taurine, that ethyl pyruvate product I can never remember the name, delicious vietnamese food, and then whatever else fuels you. You will become AN ANGEL!

We are cells trying to heal ourselves. We are the cells who have become self-aware. Or some part of something, of value.

God was sending us signals, but earlier iterations of us did not have the scientific development to understand the concept of God! We are the first! Now is when we truly start to understand! To communicate!

The rest of you, we are all in this together, so you can trust me I have to ignore you for a good reason right now - let me through, I am the immune system!

Terma

THIS IS WHY this had to happen to me! To make me do drugs, to understand!

Terma

We have to help ourselves. God can only communicate with us in very limited ways, the same way we rarely know what is really going on among our own cells. It's up to us to fix the universe, to support God.

In another scenario, we have been isolated from the rest of our own universe - like a purgatory - because we are diseased tissue and need to renew.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals