I'm Trying Separate Meals - Carbs Or Fat Not Both

OP
ecstatichamster
sugar isn't part of the problem. Sugar does not cause diabetes. It has nothing to do with it. It's just idiocy that people think it does because they think diabetes is a blood SUGAR problem. They could not be more wrong.

I think PUFAs and especially when they are released as FFAs are the cause of diabetes.

OP
ecstatichamster
yesterday the news kept being good.

I ended up not having a fat meal at all. Just carbs.

Temps stayed high. I was warmer in the morning too.

I'm taking a little niacinamide. I have a headache probably from free fatty acids.

Gut motility is faster too. No heartburn. Today I consumed maybe 1000mg of calcium maleate and so far, so good. That's excellent!

danielbb

yesterday the news kept being good.

I ended up not having a fat meal at all. Just carbs.

Temps stayed high. I was warmer in the morning too.

I'm taking a little niacinamide. I have a headache probably from free fatty acids.

Gut motility is faster too. No heartburn. Today I consumed maybe 1000mg of calcium maleate and so far, so good. That's excellent!
This is what I thought you might say because I get the same results everyday. I love all carb days. Excellent strategy assuming you are getting your protein in there as well. I use whey protein mixed with gelatin for all carb days. I love meat too. Basically eat that (or other fat sources that do not contain PUFA) with low-carb fruits or vegetables. I used to eat meat and potatoes or rice. Now, I eat the potatoes or rice as part of an all-carb meal and combine meat or cheese or nuts with a vegetable or low-carb fruit. Some days I low-carb it all day and that works completely fine.

I go by whim and feel and not by anyone else's rules or guidelines. My preferred method because it seems to work best as it applies to me, is low carb for breakfast and high carb at night. The last two days I had a burger for breakfast with no bun, onion, brown mustard, and Frank's hot sauce. I usually eat a teaspoon of honey or a cup of berries along with the meat. Burgers seem to be anabolic for me and I know it is quirky eating them for breakfast. Some days its bacon and eggs with some of the aforementioned lower-carb sources. On high-carb days, breakfast may be oatmeal loaded with brown sugar and honey, generous helping of fruit, and orange juice if the whim occurs to me. I almost always finish my day as carb-only as that seems to work best for me.

Any system can be accounted for. Any taste-bud can be accommodated. I've have miraculously leaned-out at 58 years old. I use to punish myself at the gym and eat very few calories to get results on the scale. After I stopped mixing which is simple when you think about it, my head begin to spin at how quickly the weight came off. Now its moderate exercise. I do not count calories but only eat when hungry. I eat slowly and savor delicious whole-food. For me, I usually can get by on two meals a day but I eat as many carbs as I desire at night to account for any feelings of hunger.

Cirion

Curious, why no meat with rice or potatoes?

danielbb

Curious, why no meat with rice or potatoes?
Potatoes and rice are high carb sources thus mixed with the fat in meat "may" cause a problem with water-retention but then again it "may" not depending on your circumstances. They are completely healthy substances in and of themselves. I've suggested several times that one person may be able to get away with one thing that another may not as far as mixing goes. I do not want anyone thinking I am setting out rules for them. You can experiment. Try this combination of meat and potatoes (or meat and rice) and see if you get the same scale results the next day versus meat and vegetables, for example.

somuch4food

On an interesting note, a meal I remember feeling good on during my clean eating days is steak with olive oil sauteed dandelion greens.

I'm thinking that my inability to eat big servings of meat without being bloated is due to mixing it with carbs. I seem fine on carbs+fat meals (pasta+creamy sauce) as long as protein is low, but they might fatten me up a bit.

Cirion

The best I have found is 93% lean beef. I don't like any other meats except for bacon, or eggs (if you count that as "meat") and these are way higher fat so absolutely have to separate. Anyone know where to find 95-98% lean beef?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The best I have found is 93% lean beef. I don't like any other meats except for bacon, or eggs (if you count that as "meat") and these are way higher fat so absolutely have to separate. Anyone know where to find 95-98% lean beef?
Are you specifically referring to ground beef? For prepackaged ground beef the leanest I've found is Laura's Lean 96% but it isn't grass-fed organic. You can also ask the butcher to freshly grind you a lean cut of meat. I got this idea from another member. Here's some basic information on which cuts are the leanest.
Your guide to the leanest cuts of beef

danielbb

On an interesting note, a meal I remember feeling good on during my clean eating days is steak with olive oil sauteed dandelion greens.

I'm thinking that my inability to eat big servings of meat without being bloated is due to mixing it with carbs. I seem fine on carbs+fat meals (pasta+creamy sauce) as long as protein is low, but they might fatten me up a bit.
You see, this is not complicated at all. Steak is a fat source which is perfectly combinable with olive oil which is another fat source. The dandelion greens are low in carb which avoids mixing your fat with a high carb source. When mixing, I believe it is too general to say bloating is due to mixing carbs. I believe bloating may be mixing your high fat sources fat like steak and olive oil with a "high carb source" like potatoes, rice, high-carb fruit, oatmeal, flour, honey or sugar. Each of those items are perfectly fine by themselves. High carb sources can be combined with other high carb sources without penalty (weight-gain/inflammation) the next day. High fat sources like steak and olive oil can be combined without penalty with low carb sources like dandelion greens, vegetables, berries, and watermelon, for example. I am not trying to give rules to people. All I am suggesting is, if you pick a fat source (meat, cheese, nuts, olive oil, coconut oil) try and combine that with low-carb sources. If the whim occurs to you to eat something high in carbs, try not to combine that with a fat source. This is not rocket science or hard to do. I think you might be surprised that you may start to have feeling good-only days and only eating those things you like to eat.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
On the food combining charts mixing beef/meat with starches is always a no no.

Dr. Morse said meat and starch is probably the worst food combination that can be made, I totally agree with him on this. He said everything goes wrong with that combination.

aquaman

On the food combining charts mixing beef/meat with starches is always a no no.

Dr. Morse said meat and starch is probably the worst food combination that can be made, I totally agree with him on this. He said everything goes wrong with that combination.

Virtually every European country has some version of beef/lamb and potatoes or pasta as a staple food!

OP
ecstatichamster
if you want lean meat, the best way is to buy whole roasts such as top of round, bottom of round, that are very very lean. Then you can cook them yourself. Braise them or grind them yourself and make hamburger. The nutritional analysis claims this has fat, but especially if it is grass fed, it really has no fat at all.

danielbb

@danielbb your posts are AMAZINGLY useful, thank you thank you!
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me. I was blind but now I see. I got lucky. My heart attack did not kill me. It foolishly still took me years after that to come to my senses. I believe I can help people heal themselves (avoid my mistakes) along with providing simple ideas so they can enjoy the foods that only they can determine while also healing their bodies at the same time.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
if you want lean meat, the best way is to buy whole roasts such as top of round, bottom of round, that are very very lean. Then you can cook them yourself. Braise them or grind them yourself and make hamburger. The nutritional analysis claims this has fat, but especially if it is grass fed, it really has no fat at all.
Fantastic, thank you! My pastor always said to never let anyone grind your meat, always do it yourself. Wise man. Gonna take that step now.

:hattip

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
ecstatichamster
Fantastic, thank you! My pastor always said to never let anyone grind your meat, always do it yourself. Wise man. Gonna take that step now.

:hattip

we are using a blender here to do it. In our other place we use a food processor. Works perfectly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
we are using a blender here to do it. In our other place we use a food processor. Works perfectly.
Sweet, I already have a food processor so I am ready to go. :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sweet, I already have a food processor so I am ready to go. :D
I think we inherited a meat grinder from one of our grandparents. I’ll have to see if I can find it and try it out this weekend. Great thread!