Bodybuilding/Powerlifting 6 Starch Meals A Day

OP
AlphaCog

AlphaCog

LaLanne blamed overly processed foods for many health problems. For most of his life, Jack was a vegetarian which included fish in his evening meal.[23] In his later years, he appeared to advocate a mostly meatless diet which included fish,[24][25] and took vitamin supplements.[26][27][28]

He ate two meals a day and avoided snacks. His breakfast, after working out for two hours, consisted of hard-boiled egg whites, a cup of broth, oatmeal with soy milk, and seasonal fruit. For dinner, he and his wife typically ate raw vegetables, egg whites, and fish. He did not drink coffee.[5]

LaLanne said his two simple rules of nutrition are "if man made it, don't eat it" and "if it tastes good, spit it out".[29] He offered his opinion of the average person's diet:

“ Look at the average American diet: ice cream, butter, cheese, whole milk, all this fat. People don't realize how much of this stuff you get by the end of the day. High blood pressure is from all this high-fat eating. Do you know how many calories are in butter and cheese and ice cream? Would you get your dog up in the morning for a cup of coffee and a donut? Probably millions of Americans got up this morning with a cup of coffee, a cigarette and a donut. No wonder they are sick and fouled up.[1]

Jack LaLanne died age 96.

InChristAlone

LaLanne blamed overly processed foods for many health problems. For most of his life, Jack was a vegetarian which included fish in his evening meal.[23] In his later years, he appeared to advocate a mostly meatless diet which included fish,[24][25] and took vitamin supplements.[26][27][28]

He ate two meals a day and avoided snacks. His breakfast, after working out for two hours, consisted of hard-boiled egg whites, a cup of broth, oatmeal with soy milk, and seasonal fruit. For dinner, he and his wife typically ate raw vegetables, egg whites, and fish. He did not drink coffee.[5]

LaLanne said his two simple rules of nutrition are "if man made it, don't eat it" and "if it tastes good, spit it out".[29] He offered his opinion of the average person's diet:

“ Look at the average American diet: ice cream, butter, cheese, whole milk, all this fat. People don't realize how much of this stuff you get by the end of the day. High blood pressure is from all this high-fat eating. Do you know how many calories are in butter and cheese and ice cream? Would you get your dog up in the morning for a cup of coffee and a donut? Probably millions of Americans got up this morning with a cup of coffee, a cigarette and a donut. No wonder they are sick and fouled up.[1]

Jack LaLanne died age 96.
My Grandpa lived to be 96 as well. He didn't know anything about health and did what his doctor told him.

MarcelZD

I have been strength training for almost a decade, and I believe the vast majority of bodybuilders and strength athletes tend to look rather unhealthy. The glaring issue of course is the ridiculous amount of muscle meats they tend to eat, though more important might be the relative paucity of minerals due to an emphasis on rice along with increased metabolic demands. As a bigger guy I still haven't found a good way to get lots of minerals without copious amounts of fruit and milk. I've been meaning to experiment with blackstrap molasses for this reason.

redsun

I have been strength training for almost a decade, and I believe the vast majority of bodybuilders and strength athletes tend to look rather unhealthy. The glaring issue of course is the ridiculous amount of muscle meats they tend to eat, though more important might be the relative paucity of minerals due to an emphasis on rice along with increased metabolic demands. As a bigger guy I still haven't found a good way to get lots of minerals without copious amounts of fruit and milk. I've been meaning to experiment with blackstrap molasses for this reason.

Steak and potatoes(without skin is what I do) will provide most all minerals in decent quantities, some milk and orange juice to fill it in even more. And I have to agree with you that many weightlifters trying to get big end up sickly and unhealthy despite gaining size(i used to be one of them), but the problem is not the muscle meats, its the fact that the popular meat is always chicken for bodybuilders, less common is steak for protein. Chicken is devoid in the two must abundant trace minerals in the human body, iron and zinc, not too mention empty protein in general for micronutrient requirements.

These are also one of the most important minerals needed to be healthy, and especially if you are breaking your body down daily to get bigger. Beef steak provides these two and other trace minerals in reasonable quantities. Potatoes for carbs, milk, oj basically fill in the blanks. Rice is a filler food, shouldnt be bulk calories because its basically pure glucose no nutrients at all(though the pure glucose and fast absorption can be great for an anabolic response).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals