Too Much Ashwagandha, Now Serotonin Syndrome? Please Help

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Lisuride and cypro really reversed the effects of ashwagandha but its so bad that all good effects are gone upon stopping rhe drugs.

What about Cypro just on its own/??? Apparently one other guy said he used cypro for 4 nights straight and hasn't neeeded it since and feels cured from the damage the ashwagandha caused (PSSD).

Momado965

What about Cypro just on its own/??? Apparently one other guy said he used cypro for 4 nights straight and hasn't neeeded it since and feels cured from the damage the ashwagandha caused (PSSD).

I dont know about that but for what its worth you can try this combo:

Stressnon 30 drops a day
Pansterone 4-12 a day paired with equal amounts of 11 keto dht
Tyronene 9 drops
Cypro 9 drop
* lisuride is optional if you are using keto dht and I dont know which I like better

The reason I use high doses is because of stress I endured for 12 years. I found both lisuride and dht helped alot paired with cypro. I no longer suffer from any symptoms of ptsd or pssd and if I do it doesnt last long; momentary effects and I usually block them mentaly. I found that quite useful. Before it was chronic visualisation of bad scenarios or remenessing a bad one and engaging in mental conversations; lack of energy, melancholy, anxiety, lack of desire to pursue hobbies or learn new things. I should mention I used cypro later on. - A few months back was wheh I purchased it. I think it was a game changer.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
So here goes:
I used Cypro in doses escalating up to 4mg per night, for 3 nights.
During that time it completely wiped out libido, sensation, worsened PSSD symptoms.
Now 3 days after stopping something VERY interesting is happening... as reported also by @Hedgehog

It seems that all sensation and libido has returned. It's a very clear distinct vibration feeling of the mind, that was robbed by Ashwagandha.
It's like the wires are connecting again.
I'm hoping this will last now that my cypro course is finished.
What the heck is it doing to the 5-HT2a, 5-HT1a, 5-HT2c receptors now?
@Travis

aquaman

I dont know about that but for what its worth you can try this combo:

Stressnon 30 drops a day
Pansterone 4-12 a day paired with equal amounts of 11 keto dht
Tyronene 9 drops

Cypro 9 drop
* lisuride is optional if you are using keto dht and I dont know which I like better

The reason I use high doses is because of stress I endured for 12 years. I found both lisuride and dht helped alot paired with cypro. I no longer suffer from any symptoms of ptsd or pssd and if I do it doesnt last long; momentary effects and I usually block them mentaly. I found that quite useful. Before it was chronic visualisation of bad scenarios or remenessing a bad one and engaging in mental conversations; lack of energy, melancholy, anxiety, lack of desire to pursue hobbies or learn new things. I should mention I used cypro later on. - A few months back was wheh I purchased it. I think it was a game changer.

That's an insane quantity! Wow. How long have you taken this for?

I remember one of Ray's audio interviews where he says he micro titrates up a substance use to find the minimum effective dose (from memory, he mentioned a substance, maybe methylene blue, where he was taking micrograms when others were suggesting milligrams - pretty sure it was MB).

Maximum dosing may have worked for you but would highly recommend against any one using this, unless they have been attempting many years of issues that can't be fixed by working slowly.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Stimulation of the 5‐HT2C receptor with 5‐HT2C agonists results in delay of ejaculation in male rats, whereas stimulation of post‐synaptic 5‐HT1A receptors results in shortening of ejaculation latency 7, leading to the hypothesis that men with premature ejaculation (PE) may have hyposensitivity of 5‐HT2C and/or hypersensitivity of the 5‐HT1A receptor

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
ashwagandha significantly enhances the sensitivity of 5 HT2 (serotonin-2) receptors in the brain and a reciprocal sub-sensitivity of the 5HT1A receptors (19). Enhanced sensitivity could indicate reduces binding, as over-stimulation of a receptor will reduce it’s sensitivity. 5-HT2 stimulation increases prolactin (5-HT2A) and ACTH (5-HT2C) release. This may indicate one of the mechanism at which ashwagandha is potently anti-cortisol, as it reduces 5-HT2C sensitivity, thus reducing cortisol synthesis.

Momado965

That's an insane quantity! Wow. How long have you taken this for?

I remember one of Ray's audio interviews where he says he micro titrates up a substance use to find the minimum effective dose (from memory, he mentioned a substance, maybe methylene blue, where he was taking micrograms when others were suggesting milligrams - pretty sure it was MB).

Maximum dosing may have worked for you but would highly recommend against any one using this, unless they have been attempting many years of issues that can't be fixed by working slowly.

Cypro is the newest adition I have been taking stressnon and tyronene for a year now. Andro, dht, serotonin antagonist, pansterone were all experimental. I will soon add pansterone to my trio stack. I tried to reduce the dose but symptoms come back. I still dont know why.

Momado965

So here goes:
I used Cypro in doses escalating up to 4mg per night, for 3 nights.
During that time it completely wiped out libido, sensation, worsened PSSD symptoms.
Now 3 days after stopping something VERY interesting is happening... as reported also by @Hedgehog

It seems that all sensation and libido has returned. It's a very clear distinct vibration feeling of the mind, that was robbed by Ashwagandha.
It's like the wires are connecting again.
I'm hoping this will last now that my cypro course is finished.
What the heck is it doing to the 5-HT2a, 5-HT1a, 5-HT2c receptors now?
@Travis

I plan on finishing another bottle to see if I get this effect. I remember I got my robbed libido back after finishing the first cypro bottle.

Momado965

Has anyone used eleuthero and if so did it have the nasty side effects ashwagandha has?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Has anyone used eleuthero and if so did it have the nasty side effects ashwagandha has?
I used to ab(use) Siberian ginseng to make me train like a horse. It definitely helps with low cortisol, but somehow I felt like it was a bit of a diuretic. I don't think it had negative symptoms like the horrendous Anhedonia-Inducing-Ashwagandha.

Momado965

I used to ab(use) Siberian ginseng to make me train like a horse. It definitely helps with low cortisol, but somehow I felt like it was a bit of a diuretic. I don't think it had negative symptoms like the horrendous Anhedonia-Inducing-Ashwagandha.

Did it help with getting you to train like a horse and did ray peat speak favorably of it?

Momado965

It definitely improved my physical endurance... But not so much, weights in the gym. I think Ray would classify it as probably too estrogenic.

Why would you clasify it as estrogenic? Ray has written favorably about it.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Take 1mg Cyproheptadine twice a week, for three months.

I have been using Cyproheptadine at about 1-2mg, at 5pm, about 7 times in the last 10 days, and it's working like magic to correct all those negative symptoms above. I can FEEL again. And libido has come back online.
I have been insanely hungry and I legitimately feel diabetic on this drug , my father is type 2. I've been using Taurine alongside.

It's getting to the point now that I feel the reemergence of my original self after Ashwagandha numbed me.

I like your dosing regime, 1mg twice a week for 3 months. What's the rationale behind this? Is it eventual 5-HT1a resensitivity? 2A downregulation?

I'm so excited by how Cypro has helped the very issue I was trying to fix (PSSD), but now I'm scared to stop using it

A.R

damn son, you sure its not anything else and it happened when running it in isolation?

There was a very obscure study that suggested that it might be a 5-AR inhibitor (cant find it now), and Im not sure if its effects on 5-HT1a to 5-HT2 is partitioning is a net positive

Ashwa is a very interesting herb though, its very hard to judge given its huge range of benefits
I agree that ashwagandha may be a 5ar inhibitor, as many of the symptoms from it are similar to taking finasteride.

@Momado965 @Lokzo
It's seems as though cyproheptadine seems to be the single best chemical so far in trying to recover?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I agree that ashwagandha may be a 5ar inhibitor, as many of the symptoms from it are similar to taking finasteride.

@Momado965 @Lokzo
It's seems as though cyproheptadine seems to be the single best chemical so far in trying to recover?

I feel as though the cypro definitely is helping me with the serotonin issue.
It's pretty amazing.

I want to stop using cypro as soon as I can though. It's making me ravenous all the time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals