The @Gbolduev Whisperer

TubZy

"Who cares what it is.."? Odd thing to say. It's not short nor is it simple. It's intense. And you can kill yourself from re-feeding improperly, not to mention drinking too much water and losing too much Na and K.

It's irresponsible to just throw the word "fasting" around. You must define "fasting." Some people think consuming only maple syrup, lemon juice and cayenne pepper is fasting. True fasting in water-only induced ketosis until it's broken, in a rested state, while being supervised, in appropriately selected individuals.

I highly doubt even the most weird "fans" of this random Ruskie who's mean to people have the guts to do a water-only fast anywhere near the 40 days he was talking about. I doubt he even did it himself.

Warning to those who are dumb enough to try it on their own because gbold is your new cult leader: do your research. There is only one legal clinic that does this in the Unites States, True North Health, and one in Costa Rica called the Tanglewood Wellness Center. Tanglewood is run by Loren Lockman. If you do it on your own, you're likely to do it incorrectly if you have no experience.

There are videos of people complaining about Lockman but he often uploads new videos of his newer clients on his channel who share their stories.

Fasting: An Ancient Solution for Modern Problems

Fasting is water fasting or breus protocol which includes some juice he clarified this many times.

Many of us had tried it including me for 10+ days, it's not that bad. It can be dangerous if someone is already severely low body fat already because ketones will have nothing to feed on.

If you are used to pounding your face with sugar all day long and not exercising and don't have will power, of course it will be much harder.

Brother John

I've been finding the writings of @gbolduev very interesting over the past few days. His post are very scattered and difficult to piece together, so I have been taking notes and attempting to collate them to get a better understanding. There have been people asking him the same questions repeatedly (probably because of the scattering), so I hope this thread can alleviate this problem.

Gbolduev if I've misunderstood or misrepresented you let me know and I will change it ASAP.

Bases some of his ideas on Dr. Paul Eck's work:
Ihttp://www.arltma.com/About_ARL_Research_labs.html
Recommends reading a basic anaesthesiology textbook.

The 8 Metabolic Types:

Slow Oxidisers / Hypoventilation (high blood co2, low cell cmo2) / Adrenaline < Serotonin :

1) low adrenaline with normal serotonin
2) high serotonin and normal adrenaline
3) low adrenaline and low serotonin but adrenaline is lower than serotonin
4) high adrenaline and high serotonin, but serotonin is increased higher than adrenaline.

All these need to be corrected differently. You need to find out why you have low adrenaline, is it because of SamE, or is it from a methylation block? These will cause high CO2 in venous blood and will cause potassium to decrease in the cell thus lowering metabolism.

Off hand comment: “If you have a low metabolism you either lack progesterone ( potassium) or you lack sympathetic nervous system which does not allow your potassium to rise.”

Note: High co2 in blood means the body is getting too acidic, thus it will slow metabolism down and not produce co2 in the cell due to concern that it will not be able to expel the co2 fast enough in the breath, causing acidosis and death. The opposite is true of a fast oxidiser.

Fast Oxidiser / Hyperventilation (low blood co2, high cell co2) / Adrenaline > Serotonin:

1) high adrenaline (e.g. COMT problems, overmethylating) normal serotonin
2) normal adrenaline low serotonin ( increased MAO-A break down)
3) high adrenaline and high serotonin but serotonin is lower than adrenaline
4) low adrenaline and low serotonin but adrenaline is higher than serotonin.

In alklaosis (low blood co2), potassium goes inside of the cell and this increases metabolism, in acidosis potassium goes outside of the cell, it decreases metabolism. It is very obvious and logical, since metabolism increases acidity by creating CO2.
If you are more acidic then body will want to lower metabolism to decrease production of CO2. and if you more alkaline body will want to increase metabolism to increase production of CO2.
“fast oxidizer has either COMT problems, MAO problems, or lack of magnesium or too sensitive adrenaline receptors.”

Tests to check yourself, before you wreck yourself:
Hairtest, VBG ( CO2, bicarbonate, electrolytes, standard test with the special machine in the hospital) and urine cathecolamines with serotonin.

Every oxidation rate has its symptoms. the most energy you will get in the middle of oxidation.
This is why longetivity answer is the balance, not faster or slower.

i.e. slow oxidisers have low adrenaline etc and can't handle carbs. If they exercise regularly this will raise their adrenaline and their carb tolerance.

General Suggestions:

1) getting a hair mineral analysis (easy and non-invasive)
2) For hairloss: recommends 30mg zinc and 10mg manganese a day if androgenic pattern baldness
3) For Slow oxidisers:
-He suggests exercising while fasted as being very healthy. “move more eat less” advice. Especially ocean swimming for more minerals.
-Also recommends veggie juice or water only 40 day fasting protocol (or working up to it) followed by at least 20 liver flushes (Andreas Moritz style), one every month, following the fast. Refeed after fast with lemon egg rice soup.
- recommends 'thorn extra nutrients' to increase methylation
4) Recommends against sugar and co2 water!! He says sugar and co2 will lower the co2 in the actual cell = hair loss
“for your thyroid to work and for you to produce high CO2 INSIDE OF THE CELL. You need to utilize this CO2 well, breathing it out or converting it to bicarbonate with zinc based enzyme. This is why the worst thing you can do is sit on your **** and eat a lot of carbs. This way, your sympathetic nervous system is not active and you don't breathe out CO2 properly”
5) for fast oxidisers (rare) he recommends peat diet.
6) says any supplements will age you (don't use them long term). Fasting will balance your minerals even if diet has imbalanced them (Slow oxidiser) without aging. Zeolite + Fulvic will chelate minerals. Thinks seafood is a great chelator. Recommends ocean swinning for minerals (and even better while fasting, 2 hrs a day). Recommends Zeolite + Fulvic taken for a year to chelate heavy metals (if you have them, take hair test to see).
7) Recommends heavy drinking tomato juice for one week every month if you want to feel more 'androgenic' which works on a contrarian endocrinology approach.
8) Your oxidation rate will only change if you have deficiencies or infections. Normally your oxidation rate won't change, and you can only support it. “Your heart wont become bigger, or your kidneys will not raise blood pressure faster than you can physically. This is what oxidation rate is and usually you cant change it.”
9)Don't take progesterone, take anti-progesterone:
this creates more 'progesterone receptors' so once you come off the anti-progesterone, you will feel better than before

Hairloss:

Cause:
Androgenic – too much DHT opposing estrogen, not enough progesterone. Signs: good sex drive, maybe too much, hair loss. Causes; zinc deficiency (means you can't make enough progesterone) often caused by too much ejaculation.
Sugar also wastes zinc and manganese, needed for insulin, thus you get hairloss.
*Post-finastride-syndrome is the opposite, using too much Progesterone to oppose estrogen and not enough DHT (usually resulting in no sex drive, and no hair loss).

Cure:
Lower your estrogen by chelating copper. Take zinc (30mg) and manganese (10mg). Zinc means you will produce enough progesterone, and manganese will make sure you don't over produce it to make your DHT not sensitive. He says you can also take “Thorn Extra Nutrients” instead of this combo. Red light chelates copper. This supplement regime should provide the correct hormone balance to allow you regrow hair, but the scalp itself may need work.
“The best thing to do is to get granulated salt go in the shower and take that salt and put it in your head. Scratch your head with it every day for a month. Sodium is a solvent, it keeps calcium in solution. this granulated salt will damage your scalp which will grow your hair like crazy. You need to damage your scalp if you lost your hair long time ago. Otherwise nothing will grow it again.”
He also recommends putting lecithin on your hair, which “will emulsify the fats that clog up your follicles and phosphorus in lecithin will dilute calcium. It will take a year or so.”

Lifestyle changes: “long fasts on Breuss protocol regrow crazy amounts of hair. All your head is in new hairs. since your venous blood CO2 falls down which allows your body to raise the metabolism in the cell.”

Note: I assume you need to keep taking the zinc and manganese until you retest your hair and see that your copper is now normal. Gbolduev can you clarify?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome:

He recommends exercising a lot for a year. Walking / running. Makes you hyperventilate and increase adrenaline and thus dump copper.
He also recommends fasting.
“Fasting does this very well, reloads adrenaline receptors, cortisol progesterone.
Fasting is a cure for CFS.( unless you have a methylation block) this you can tell from urine dopamine noradrenaline and adrenaline)
I do fasting with exercise. THIS IS SO NONPEAT. but results are crazy
fasting depletes you from PUFA in 30 days. NOT 4 years”

“Fast Oxidisers” shouldn't be fasting, however.

“Anyone with chronic fatigue can snap out of it in year if you just force crazy exercise.

Same as any one with certain cancers can get rid of it with running. I recommended this to many people with cancers and many got rid of cancers. they increased their sympathetic nervous system and hyperventilated , this caused you to dump copper. SINCE COPPER IS RETAINed when you are hypoventilating , your ceruloplasmin is low.

And ceruloplasmin goes up with a SHOT OF ADRENALINE. since if adrenaline is high , body will start dumping copper,since body will want to use serotonin”

Diet:

“I stay away from meat milk, cheeses, anything that has hormones in it. I eat only sea food( shrimps oysters, crab, mussels., eat some fruit. Drink almond milk that I make myself for calcium. I eat rice. I think rice is really good, It keeps me clean and absorbs toxins. that is why it is used during poisoning.” He comments to keep fruit / rice low unless being active.

“Seafood has all the minerals. SOILS don't have all the minerals , they are all tampered with. SO cattle on those soils is also sick, milk is also bad( hormones), meat is bad( hormones). Fruits not that great.( lack of certain minerals and overload of others).”

On Aging:

“YOU AGE because
1) chronically eat the same foods, this creates imbalances
2) chronically smoke or drink
3) chronically take a multivitamin
4) you take some minerals or supplements
5) you take some hormones
6) you have a certain life style where you repeat the same things over and over again
7) too much sex
etc
YOU see repeating is what ages you .

Fasting allows you to stop all these repeating processes while you are fasting.

You fast and you don't eat your normal food. lets say your food intake was overloaded into a copper side or zinc side or aluminum side.

While fasting you allow your body not to get toxic in this overload and it allows time to get balanced and to get rid of this directional imbalance that you were causing with your food intake.

fasting is like a laundry day. You don't allow new toxins go in and you get rid of old ones.

You don't chronically starve. that is why you cant look at fasting as catabolic process. Who cares what it is. It is a short term procedure. During which you get rid of your pufas, you get rid of toxic metals, you get rid of bacterias and viruses. And then you refeed .

If you swim in the ocean while fasting, your refeeding will be very easy since you won't lose any electrolytes. You wont lose HCL”
Thanks for taking the time to do this. Very helpful!
brother john

alywest

I had coffee intolerance at first but I drink it every day.

Nice! I used to have issues drinking coffee, too, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm on the right path with my blood sugar handling issues that I can drink it without the jitters, palpitations, anxiety.

Tarmander

Nice! I used to have issues drinking coffee, too, so I'm taking it as a sign that I'm on the right path with my blood sugar handling issues that I can drink it without the jitters, palpitations, anxiety.
that's great. It caused quite a bit of depression and sleep issues when I first started. I did do a lot though...now I am at 1-2 cups a day and that seems to be the sweet spot.

alywest

that's great. It caused quite a bit of depression and sleep issues when I first started. I did do a lot though...now I am at 1-2 cups a day and that seems to be the sweet spot.

I recently heard on one of the KMUD sessions that eating carrots while drinking the coffee helps slow down the absorption of caffeine, too. I do that with my late-morning or afternoon cuppa.

Tarmander

I recently heard on one of the KMUD sessions that eating carrots while drinking the coffee helps slow down the absorption of caffeine, too. I do that with my late-morning or afternoon cuppa.
do you notice it slows it?

Lol and Georgi ( Haidut)is Bulgarian. So it seems Eastern block does all the research here after all.

That's a contradictory statement because he is very pro-supplements and hormones and you're not. So you're pro-research that you're completely against.

gbolduev

That's a contradictory statement because he is very pro-supplements and hormones and you're not. So you're pro-research that you're completely against.

Reseach can have different outcomes. My research says not to use any hormones or supplements. His might says otherwise. I outlined why I came to these conclusions.

It is like this. YOu have a car. You dont know how this car works.. You don't have the complete understanding. So how can you take anything or twist anything in this car. Your car will just explode one day.

You buy a car at mercedes dealer. You are a carpenter let's say. Then you say to yourself , hey , I think I should twist the engine of this mercedes, And you start unscrewing stuff there, putting different liquids in there. doing this doing that.
Chance of you screwing this car is close to 100% , since you are a not mechanic you are a carpenter

Same as here. No one is a mechanic in the human body, since no one knows how it works. how can you put things inside then

Last edited:

Xisca

Well, you can "put things inside" to a certain extend.... with food and with instinct.
I always asked myself since a child, how could some people in the jungle find better than labs how to use plants? They even have multiple plants preparation, targetting very specific use. Even curare is such a case, just incredible.

I have always hated this quote, and it just appeared on the portal:
" People who are constitutionally unable to taste certain bitter chemicals find certain vegetables less objectionable; their instinctive guidance has become less clear. "
I object. Why cannot it be the reverse? Bitters are medicinal. This taste helps your stomach produce its acid juices. It does not taste good, and it does taste good at the same time, your instinct know it is good and when. Yesterday I stopped eating my bitter salad greens when it stated to taste bad. I finished it "con gusto" for supper!

People who use perfumes and loundry softeners are the ones with very little instinct or very good liver... I have impaired liver detox, and those smells can make me want to throw up... Also because I live in a very very clean environment.

Travis

That Dr. Paul Eck guy seem kinda interesting.
In alklaosis (low blood co2), potassium goes inside of the cell and this increases metabolism, in acidosis potassium goes outside of the cell, it decreases metabolism. It is very obvious and logical, since metabolism increases acidity by creating CO2.
If you are more acidic then body will want to lower metabolism to decrease production of CO2. and if you more alkaline body will want to increase metabolism to increase production of CO2.
Most people write the biochemical equations like this. This gives a false impression of neutrality.

6O₂ + C₆H₁₂O₆ ⟶ 6CO₂ + 6H₂O

(Sometimes you see ATP, ADP, NAD, and NADH thrown in but they always use the right amounts to account for hydrogens.)

The ubiquitous enzyme carbonic anhydrase (⟶) takes the products of the above reaction and converts them into into carbonic acid, but this can also happen spontaneously.

CO₂ + H₂O ⟶ H₂CO₃

Carbonic acid is a buffer, like the phosphate ion, and exists in equilibrium in solution. It has two relevant pKₐ values because it can give-up two protons (H⁺).

H₂CO₃ ⇆ HCO₃⁻ + H⁺

HCO₃²⁻ + H⁺ ⇆ CO₃⁻ + 2H⁺

The pH changes with the carbonate/bicarbonate ratio ― [CO₃⁻]/[HCO₃⁻] ― notice how the first three columns (pH excluded) don't proportionately change, at all.

carbon dioxide.png

The partial pressure of carbon dioxide is 5.3 pKa [sic] in arterial blood and 6.1 kPa in mixed venous blood; therefore, arterial blood will contain about 2.5 ml per 100 ml of dissolved carbon dioxide and venous blood 3 ml per 100 ml.
(Actual typo in this article.* Kilopascals (kPa) and acid dissociation constant (pKₐ) have similar acronyms in which the author or editor had confounded.) Pressure converter yields 5.23 (10⁻²) and 6.02 (10⁻²) atmospheres, and this partial pressure would correspond to fatal blood pH of about 4.92. (This article also gives roughly the same CO₂ concentration 5.775(10⁻⁴) as the chart, so the math checks-out.) There must be some other factor counteracting this acidification.

Potassium phosphate is a common buffer used in laboratory experiments, but I think its basic⁻ effect probably has more to do with the phosphate than the potassium ion. If you look at this pH titration curve, you will see an opposite trend (in water) than what is seen with carbon dioxide:
Image139.gif

The pH rises with increasing phosphate concentration. It becomes less acidic. The pink data point around pH 7 represents a concentration of .15M phosphate. The average blood phosphate concentration exceeds this by about a factor of four.† So you probably have enough phosphate to counteract carbon dioxide's acidity in most cases.

And ATP formation more-or-less traps the protons; to basify the cell. When ATP turns into ADP, a proton (H⁺) is released. The reverse also occurs.

ADP + H⁺ ⇆ ATP

This started with Mitchell's chemi-osmotic theory (won Nobel Prize for this) in which he first formally-stated that the protons actually drive ATP synthesis. But for dubious reasons, ATP is often considered the "energy molecule" although the term high-energy phosphate bond has long been proven a misnomer. The ATP bond is just as energetic as any other phosphodiester bond (but with slight variations.) Gilbert Ling talks about this.

I just can't see how potassium raises intracellular pH. It doesn't even have a pH, it appears to be just a spectator ion like sodium. Since it's positively-charged, it would be expected to be repelled by acidic⁺ environments. People invoke numerous explanations for this, like:
Finally, Cl⁻-HCO₃⁻ exchange also may contribute to apparent K⁺-H⁺ exchange if operating in parallel with K⁺-Cl⁻ cotransport, as shown in Figure 3C. Metabolic acidosis with a fall in extracellular HCO₃⁻ would increase the inward movement of Cl⁻ by Cl⁻-HCO₃⁻ exchange. The resulting rise in intracellular Cl⁻ would then promote K⁺ efflux by K⁺-Cl⁻ cotransport. The net result would be K⁺ efflux along with HCO₃⁻, which is an equivalent process to exchanging intracellular K⁺ for extracellular H⁺.§
And they often make it more complicated yet because they have to pretend that membrane "pumps" actually exist.
The acid-base mechanisms illustrated in Figures 2 and 3 also provide a possible explanation for the observation that bicarbonate can affect K⁺ redistribution independent of the effect of extracellular pH. Na⁺ entry by Na⁺-HCO₃⁻ cotransport would be enhanced whenever extracellular HCO₃⁻ is increased, resulting in increased cell Na⁺ uptake, stimulation of Na⁺, K⁺-ATPase activity, and net cellular K⁺ uptake (Figure 3B).§
He invokes an imaginary membrane pump to explain a "paradox."

People like Gilbert Ling think that it's better to view these little ions as simple spectators (Na⁺, K⁺, Cl⁻), and not actors. The ionic charges created by metabolism might be expected to attract or repel these ions based on the polarity of the cell. A positive ion⁺ would be expected to be attracted to a negatively charged mitochondria⁻ without all of the transporters and pumps invented to explain it.
In alklaosis (low blood co2), potassium goes inside of the cell and this increases metabolism, in acidosis potassium goes outside of the cell, it decreases metabolism.

The two events, increased metabolism and K⁺ influx, are both seen to happen in experiments. I think they're temporally-related, but what event actually causes the other? It happens so fast that its hard to tell. The quote implies that metabolism responds to potassium, but maybe its the other way around. Perhaps the charged K⁺ is following the metabolism, migrating towards the negatively-charged mitochondrial membrane while the H⁺ ions are safely neutralized by ATP formation. Trypan blue is excluded from cells when they are living, but it migrates inside of them when the cell dies. This is a popular molecule used to measure cell viability. Trypan blue is negatively charged.

Nobody seems to think there's an enzyme called Trypan blue ATPase that is responsible for this.

The mitochondrial membrane potential (Δψᵐ) is central to the organelle’s many functions. As electrons pass down the respiratory chain to oxygen, the difference in reduction potential drives proton pumping across the inner membrane, generating a proton electrochemical potential gradient comprising a pH gradient (∼0.8 pH units/50 mV, basic inside) and a Δψᵐ (∼120–180 mV, negative inside); thus Δψᵐ is by far the dominant component. The central function of Δψᵐ is to drive ATP synthesis by oxidative phosphorylation, and its magnitude is set by the balance between its generation and its consumption by ATP synthesis and other dissipative processes, making Δψᵐ a sensitive indicator of cellular energetics.¶

*Arthurs, G. J., and M. Sudhakar. "Carbon dioxide transport." Continuing Education in Anesthesia Critical Care & Pain 5.6 (2005): 207-210.
†Itaya, Koichi, and Michio Ui. "A new micromethod for the colorimetric determination of inorganic phosphate." Clinica chimica acta 14.3 (1966): 361-366.
Triprotic Acid Titration Examples
§Aronson, Peter S., and Gerhard Giebisch. "Effects of pH on potassium: new explanations for old observations." Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 22.11 (2011): 1981-1989.
¶Logan, Angela, et al. "Assessing the mitochondrial membrane potential in cells and in vivo using targeted click chemistry and mass spectrometry." Cell metabolism 23.2 (2016): 379-385.
‖Mitchell, Peter. "Chemiosmotic coupling in oxidative and photosynthetic phosphorylation." Biological Reviews 41.3 (1966): 445-501.

Last edited:

gately

Sorry to revive an ancient Gbolduev thread. But I’m just curious (for those who interacted a lot with him) did Gboldeuv ever make any recommendations for Fast Oxidizers beyond stating that a general Peat diet (high in calcium, copper, and sugar) was good for them?

Nearly all his suggestions, from fasting to diet to lifestyle changes concerned slow oxidizers, which he believes 80% of the population is.

There’s plenty standard info on the web for a fast oxidizer diet (high fat, high protein, no sugar) but from what I can gather from reading most of his material here, his views on nutrition for a fast oxidizer were very different. Namely, he thought sugar was good for a fast oxidizer (although at other times he’d claim sugar was bad for everyone, I think).

The other oddity was his claim that adrenaline mimics (the only one ever mentioned was coffee so if anyone wants jump in with more that would be cool) CURE fast oxidization by desensitizing the receptors, or something like that. Every other site says stimulants would wreck a fast oxidizer, which has been my experience. (But maybe I haven’t given coffee enough time to desentivie my adrenaline receptors, etc.)

Also, anyone know if he made any suggestions for bowel disease?

Oh, and anyone know how to reach him? I know he’s a sore subject around here, but personally I find his writing here to be really interesting and potentially very applicable to some of my health issues.

Thanks.

Andman

Last i heard hes over at hackstasis forum, havent checked how the guys are doing for quite some time though

Cirion

I know this is thread necro, but I just found this thread and found it interesting...

When I feel like I was at the healthiest point of my life, I religiously did fasted training in the morning, which apparently is what seems to be suggested here for "Slow oxidizers"... Interesting...

I stopped this though after reading that stress should be avoided at all costs... but despite my best efforts avoiding stress, I don't seem to be getting better..

Cirion

Reseach can have different outcomes. My research says not to use any hormones or supplements. His might says otherwise. I outlined why I came to these conclusions.

It is like this. YOu have a car. You dont know how this car works.. You don't have the complete understanding. So how can you take anything or twist anything in this car. Your car will just explode one day.

You buy a car at mercedes dealer. You are a carpenter let's say. Then you say to yourself , hey , I think I should twist the engine of this mercedes, And you start unscrewing stuff there, putting different liquids in there. doing this doing that.
Chance of you screwing this car is close to 100% , since you are a not mechanic you are a carpenter

Same as here. No one is a mechanic in the human body, since no one knows how it works. how can you put things inside then

Well said. I am starting to converge on this viewpoint too...

I like that car analogy. Someone who doesn't know cars shouldn't be trying to repair it themselves. A body is 10000x more complicated than a car... so... yeah.