After Much Research, I Have Finally Found A Way To Get Very Low PUFA Goat Milk

Fractality

@Fractality I got some brand made in China so the quality is up for speculation. But I didn't want to invest $500 in something I may or may not use a lot. I may upgrade to the $500 one later if this one breaks and/or I make skimming my own milk a constant habit.

Did you consider this model? Electric cream separator Motor Sich 100-19 (230V)

Including shipping to the US, it's about $40 more than the one you got from Amazon.

Cirion

Yeah I saw it but like you didn't want to shell out so much money for shipping, it felt wrong to me to pay as much shipping as the product itself lol

Fractality

@Fractality I got some brand made in China so the quality is up for speculation. But I didn't want to invest $500 in something I may or may not use a lot. I may upgrade to the $500 one later if this one breaks and/or I make skimming my own milk a constant habit.

How are you going to modify the rest of your diet taking into account the removal of fat calories? I'm hesitating about skimming my goat milk since I would have to replace the short-chain easily utilized fat calories.

Cirion

Calories are not hard to get even without fat. I always put in generous amounts of maple syrup with my milk for starters. Then I eat a lot of home-made jello a day which is made with generous OJ & honey, and eat grapes most days. When I have coffee I put milk, MCT oil, and maple syrup in that... many days I'll have Mexican coke or two... it adds up quick.

Fractality

Calories are not hard to get even without fat. I always put in generous amounts of maple syrup with my milk for starters. Then I eat a lot of home-made jello a day which is made with generous OJ & honey, and eat grapes most days. When I have coffee I put milk, MCT oil, and maple syrup in that... many days I'll have Mexican coke or two... it adds up quick.

How do you make your jello?

@Waremu have you received and used your Milky?

OP
W

Waremu

@Waremu have you received and used your Milky?

I finally got around to ordering it a few days ago. Should be here within the next week. I’ll let you and everyone here know how the milk comes out and how the machine works once it arrives.

Fractality

I finally got around to ordering it a few days ago. Should be here within the next week. I’ll let you and everyone here know how the milk comes out and how the machine works once it arrives.

Thanks for the update. I'm considering buying their cheapest model depending on how you say it goes.

L

Lord Cola

@Waremu Have you had any success with this so far? I am very interested in what you wrote in the OP.

OP
W

Waremu

@Waremu Have you had any success with this so far? I am very interested in what you wrote in the OP.

I am still waiting on my order to arrive. It was shipped from Europe so it took a while to come, with US customs and everything. But it finally arrived in the US a few days ago and is on route to be here via Fed Ex so I would expect it should be here by early next week at some point. So I should be able to have it ready to use to try out and see how it works and will report back once I do that. But I expect it will work just as intended, since it is a well known and used product brand and I am already confident that the milk fat % will be under the max limit the filter was made to allow, as a few people who used it posted their independent lab test results on the milk fat percentage of their milk samples after skimming. But I will surely let everyone know regardless, once it arrives.

Last edited:

TNT

Awesome. I look forward to hearing your results. If this works, I'm getting one, because right now, I'm drinking 3 quarts of goat milk/day, and if I could separate the fat out of it, I would be a very happy camper. My only concern with this re. goat milk is that since goat milk is naturally homogenized, I wonder if it would work as well as it does for cow milk, which comes out unhomogenized.

OP
W

Waremu

Awesome. I look forward to hearing your results. If this works, I'm getting one, because right now, I'm drinking 3 quarts of goat milk/day, and if I could separate the fat out of it, I would be a very happy camper. My only concern with this re. goat milk is that since goat milk is naturally homogenized, I wonder if it would work as well as it does for cow milk, which comes out unhomogenized.

No problem. If you actually go back a few posts on this thread, I mention how it should be no problem for the machine to handle the fat globules of goat milk because while they are smaller in particle size than cow fat globules, they are not so much smaller that the machine is not able to properly skim the fat from the milk. That is why goat milk cream will still settle at the top of milk. It takes longer due to the smaller fat globule size, but, as I am sure you're aware, the fat or cream does eventually float to the top like cows milk if left to sit, even in the fridge. So while it is 'naturally' homogenized, it's not really homogenized as in the artificial sense. The mechanical/artificial homogenization process that milk companies use actually breaks the fat globules down to a much smaller size than that of goat milk as well. The manufacture verified to me that it was designed, tested and built to handle sheep and goat milk as well and not just cows milk. Because they're eastern European based, that is important to them he said because goat and sheep milk is commonly used over there. But I will definitely be sure to verify whether it works just as well on goats milk. It actually just arrived. Earlier than expected. So I should have an update posted in the next day, etc. Just need to read over the manual so I make sure I have everything covered in assembly and what not.

Last edited:

Gadsie

What is this folate antibody thing? Is it important enough to almost double my grocery bill? I can't find Travis' post on it.

OP
W

Waremu

Alright, kiddos. My cream separator finally arrived and it works just as I expected it to work!

First of all, I bought the other brand and not the Milky a day one. The one I bought can be found here:

Electric cream separator Motor Sich 100-18 (115V)

Why did I choose this over the milky day brand?

Well, for a few hundred dollars more it produced a slightly lower fat content of milk by only 0.03% in difference. So instead of 0.05% milk fat it would be 0.03% milk fat, but this is the max allowable amount on paper. In reality, a few separate reviews I read of people who bought the model I have got their skimmed milk samples tested and in ALL cases the milk samples came back with around 0.02% milk fat. So while the max allowable amount on the model I have is 0.05%, when adjusted for max adjustment, in reality it was yielding milk fat content that was even well below that. Does this mean absolutely that mine will have the same amount of fat? Well, it is not a guarantee, but it is very likely since in those cases those people who live in different parts of the US all got very similar results, especially since they lived in the US and probably get their raw goat milk from the same breeds of goats that my farmer uses. But the breeds variable milk fat content wouldn’t affect the fat content of the skimmed milk anyway because the machine is still to skim that amount of fat regardless of what the fat content of the milk is before skimming. And worse case, the mill fat content won't be above 0.05% anyway, so that is still very low fat. That comes out to be about half of 1%. So it will most likely have 0.1 gams of PUFA per two cups of skimmed milk.

So, in reality I probably would be paying a few hundred dollars more for a cream separator that only would give me 0.01% less milk fat. That’s not worth it to me. And this model is already known for its good build and has been around longer so it has a good name. But the more experience brand is a good one too regardless so one can’t go wrong having either. Both are used and well built. The model I got isn’t the cheapest one of its brand, but the most expensive one for that brand.

The milk consistency after skimming it through the cream separator is very much like skim milk. It is very watery and some foam comes out but this is not to be confused with fat. The foam is from the machine. When you touch the foam and the milk it is very thin and watery. You can’t feel any oily or creamy liquid.

The cream comes out not as light cream or half and half consistency, but REAL cream. It comes out as thick or what they call ‘heavy cream.’ In fact, the cream is so thick that it can be used for cream cheese or made directly into butter with no straining. And it hardens like butter when in the fridge. I also think the goat milk I have is very saturated in its fat content and it has very little PUFA because it hardens more than cows milk that I would skim. But regardless of that, it has no whey or liquid left in it really so it is also a good confirmation that the machine does the job just right. Here is a picture of the cream in a mason harness of mine and I am tipping it upside down and it’s compeltely hard (I stick a spoon in it and you can see the mark, how thick and hard it is; the run mark is solid too, it’s not liquid running out as it may look in the pic, but the mark from when I poured the cream into the jar and it hardened that way):

4B2F2502-6CBF-453F-B569-EFF62F5BCF37.jpeg

I shot some videos of the milk running through it and out one end as skim milk and cream out the other end and you can see that the cream moves slowly because it’s pure cream and the maybe you can see it well in the video but the milk is coming out fast and is very white and watery like skim milk. I’ll try to upload the videos too, as the website is giving me trouble for trying to upload it from my phone.

But all in all, the milk you can tell is skimmed. It’s like water and is the cream is very thick. Assembling it and washing the parts isn’t a pain either. It’s not much different than using a centrifuge juicer and taking it apart to wash the parts out after juicing it. Clean up isn’t so bad. It gives me really great skim milk so it is more than worth it to use once or twice a week on all of my milk for the weak. It works perfect on goat milk and I haven’t tried it on cows milk yet but I am sure it works very well on cows milk too since it works well on goat milk.

So, in conclusion:

No more store bought skim milk with added vitamins, and low fat low PUFA raw goat milk, so it can’t get better than that for me. It works just as the company advertises and I am very very happy with it. It is well worth the money if drinking law fat milk is important to you or for your dietary goals, or especially if you need to switch to goat milk and don’t want all the fat.

Great thing also is that if you want low fat milk and not skim milk, just add a bit of the skimmed cream back into the milk until you get 1% mill fat equivalent or whatever. The cream is thick enough to also use directly for ice cream, etc. You could even make soap with it. The PUFA in the skim milk is likely around 0.1 grams per 4 cups, or per 2 cups max (which would be around 1/2% milk fat). So one could use it even on a very strict PUFA diet.

I will also add to make sure you read the manual before using. You have to warm the milk up to cow or room temperature, which is like 80-100F, before running it through, so not a big deal. So my milk is still raw, as that’s not a hot enough temperature to ‘cook’ it. You also run water through it after you are done skimming the milk to clean it before taking it apart and washing it. Makes it easier as well. The Milky Day company has instruction videos on its YouTube channel as well.

Last edited:

Fractality

Alright, kiddos. My cream separator finally arrived and it works just as I expected it to work!

First of all, I bought the other brand and not the Milky a day one. The one I bought can be found here:

Electric cream separator Motor Sich 100-18 (115V)

Why did I choose this over the milky day brand?

Well, for a few hundred dollars more it produced a slightly lower fat content of milk by only 0.03% in difference. So instead of 0.05% milk fat it would be 0.003% milk fat, but this is the max allowable amount on paper. In reality, a few separate reviews I read of people who bought the model I have got their skimmed milk samples tested and in ALL cases the milk samples came back with around 0.02% milk fat. So while the max allowable amount on the model I have is 0.05% when adjusted for max adjustment, in reality it was yielding milk fat content that was even welll below that. Does this mean absolutely that mine will have the same amount of fat? Well, it is not a guarantee, but it is very likely since in those cases those people who lives in different parts of the US all got very similar results, especially since they lived in the US and probably get their raw goat milk from the same breeds of goats that my farmer uses. But the breeds variable fat content wouldn’t affect the fat content or the milk anyway because it is still to skim that amount of fat regardless of what the fat content of the milk is before skimming.

So, in reality I probably would be paying a few hundred dollars more for a cream separator that only would give me 0.01% less milk fat. That’s not worth it to me. And this model is already known for its good build and has been around longer so it has a good name. But the more experience brand is a good one too regardless so one can’t go wrong having either. Both are used and well built. The model I got isn’t the cheapest one of its brand, but the most expensive one for that brand.

The milk consistency after skimming it through the cream separator is very much like skim milk. It is very watery and some foam comes out but this is not to be confused with fat. The foam is from the machine. When you touch the foam and the milk it is very thin and watery. You can’t feel any oily or creamy liquid.

The cream comes out not as light cream or half and half consistency, but REAL cream. It comes out as thick or what they call ‘heavy cream.’ In fact, the cream is so thick that it can be used for cream cheese or made directly into butter with no straining. And it hardens like butter when in the fridge. I also think the goat milk I have is very saturated in its fat content and it has very little PUFA because it hardens more than cows milk that I would skim. But regardless of that, it has no whey or liquid left in it really so it is also a good confirmation that the machine does the job just right. Here is a picture of the cream in a mason harness of mine and I am tipping it upside down and it’s compeltely hard (I stick a spoon in it and you can see the mark, how thick and hard it is; the run mark is solid too, it’s not liquid running out as it may look in the pic, but the mark from when I poured the cream into the jar and it hardened that way):

View attachment 13160

I shot some videos of the milk running through it and out one end as skim milk and cream out the other end and you can see that the cream moves slowly because it’s pure cream and the maybe you can see it well in the video but the milk is coming out fast and is very white and watery like skim milk. I’ll try to upload the videos too, as the website is giving me trouble for trying to upload it from my phone.

But all in all, the milk you can tell is skimmed. It’s like water and is the cream is very thick. Assembling it and washing the parts isn’t a pain either. It’s not much different than using a centrifuge juicer and taking it apart to wash the parts out after juicing it. Clean up isn’t so bad. It gives me really great skim milk so it is more than worth it to use once or twice a week on all of my milk for the weak. It works perfect on goat milk and I haven’t tried it on cows milk yet but I am sure it works very well on cows milk too since it works well on goat milk.

So, in conclusion:

No more store bought skim milk with added vitamins, and low fat low PUFA raw goat milk, so it can’t get better than that for me. It works just as the company advertises and I am very very happy with it. It is well worth the money if drinking law fat milk is important to you or for your dietary goals, or especially if you need to switch to goat milk and don’t want all the fat.

Great think also is that if you want low fat milk and not skim milk, just add a bit of the skimmed cream back into the milk until you get 1% mill fat equivalent or whatever. The cream is thick enough to also use directly for ice cream, etc. You could even make soap with it. The PUFA in the skim milk is likely around 0.1 grams per 4 cups, or per 2 cups max (which would be around 1/2% milk fat). So one could use it even on a very strict PUFA diet.

I will also add to make sure you read the manual before using. You have to warm the milk up to cow or room temperature, which is like 80-100F, before running it through, so not a big deal. So my milk is still raw, as that’s not a hot enough temperature to ‘cook’ it. You also run water through it after you are done skimming the milk to clean it before taking it apart and washing it. Makes it easier as well. The Milky Day company has instruction videos on its YouTube channel as well.

Thanks for the detailed review! Funny enough that is the model I was thinking about getting, so it's good to see you did the research and determined it's a viable alternative to the pricier version. How do you warm the milk up? In a pot with a temperature gauge?

OP
W

Waremu

Thanks for the detailed review! Funny enough that is the model I was thinking about getting, so it's good to see you did the research and determined it's a viable alternative to the pricier version. How do you warm the milk up? In a pot with a temperature gauge?

No problem. Yep, definitely cannot go wrong with that model. Seems like the best bang for your buck! Yep, I warm the milk up in a big pot on my stove. I let it get warm enough where it's room temperature or maybe a tad bit warmer, and that should be good enough for the machine. I just warm it up enough to where it's warm enough to touch. Usually, anything too far past 100f is where you start to get burned when you sick your finger in, so it is pretty easy to just go by sticking your finger in to see if it is warm enough right and that should be good enough. I also bought half gallon glass dark/amber mason jars to hold my milk in, to block out light since milk exposed to light can dramatically lower the Riboflavin content, etc. (Tastes better when kept in glass instead of plastic too).

Last edited:
OP
W

Waremu

Thanx for the great report, @Waremu . How come you're not letting it warm up by having it just sit at room temperature for a few hours? And what do you think about this one? I'm highly reluctant to get the aluminum one.
Electric cream separator Motor Sich 100-19 (230V)

No problemo. That model is fine too. It should work. I washed the aluminum one very well with vinegar and coconut soap and let it soak in it for a few hours before using and I soaked the parts as well. Nothing rubbed off. So I’m not too concerned. The milk doesn’t sit in it for very long anyway. I think the plastic part from that model will fit mine also, so I could go to the spare parts section of the website and order that by itself if I decide to use plastic over aluminum in the near future. I warm mine up in a pot because usually I don’t want to wait to let it sit for hours outside of the fridge to get that warm. I am very busy usually and the milk is usually very cold when I pick it up from the farmer because it is kept in a cold fridge. But if you want to wait to let it sit out for that long that’s definitely an option! I don’t see any difference between wamrint it up and letting it sit out to warm up at room temprature. The milk doesn’t get hot when using the stove top with how I do it.

Last edited:

Fractality

No problemo. That model is fine too. It should work. I washed the aluminum one very well with vinegar and coconut soap and let it soak in it for a few hours before using and I soaked the parts as well. Nothing rubbed off. So I’m not too concerned. The milk doesn’t sit in it for very long anyway. I think the plastic part from that model will fit mine also, so I could go to the spare parts section of the website and order that by itself if I decide to use plastic over aluminum in the near future. I warm mine up in a pot because usually I don’t want to wait to let it sit for hours outside of the fridge to get that warm. I am very busy usually and the milk is usually very cold when I pick it up from the farmer because it is kept in a cold fridge. But if you want to wait to let it sit out for that long that’s definitely an option! I don’t see any difference between wamrint it up and letting it sit out to warm up at room temprature. The milk doesn’t get hot when using the stove top with how I do it.

That model has aluminum too so I'm not sure what @TNT is getting at? That is a cheaper model though so it's tempting given the price of shipping to USA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals