Toddler Has Low Tolerance For Salt

somuch4food

In November while using sea salt and baking soda bath therapy to improve my toddler's skin, I first noticed an increase in tantrums and worsening of sleep.

Forward to now, I was using a saline nasal spray to help with his congestion since he has had multiple eyes infections this winter. Since using the spray religiously, his behavior and sleep has worsened again.

This article (Signs & Symptoms of Excessive Salt Intake in Children | Livestrong.com) mentions stomach discomfort, diarrhea, abdominal pain has other signs of excessive salt and says that a high salt intake can lead to breathing and kidney issues. He's always congested... and in the recent days, he wakes up at 3am crying in what seem to be abdominal discomfort.

The salt from the nasal spray doesn't seem much. Can bypassing the digestive track lead to a quicker buildup? Does the skin/nose absorb more salt than would the gut?

I also had a bad experience with a sea salt bath I took a few months back. I did not have digestive issues, but I felt wired for the rest of the evening and had agitated sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals