How Does Sugar "Chelate Minerals"

Gone Peating

I keep seeing that posted on here and I have no idea what it means. What is the mechanism behind sugar chelating minerals? And why does sugar in fruit or in honey not chelate minerals?

LucH

Not chelating but exhausting B1 and B3, and probably some alkali to neutralize acidic deficit (K Mg Ca).
+ Stress. Need more B6 to counteract Homocysteine (inflammation).
PS: Excess sugar depresses immune system.
How does an excess of sugar depress your defenses?
Sugar impacts your white blood cells by competing, at the occupied space level, with vitamin C. Linus Pauling did research in the 1970s to find out how the body uses vitamin C. He discovered that white blood cells need vitamin C to destroy bacteria and viruses. Sugar and vitamin C are + / similar in their chemical structure. When you eat sugar - any source - it competes directly for space / supply in your immune cells! The more sugar in your system, the less vitamin C will enter your cells where there are white blood cells. Sugar does not help your immune system at all to fight the infection; on the contrary, sugar weakens your defenses against infections. (3-4)

Last edited:

paymanz

Not chelating but exhausting B1 and B3, and probably some alkali to neutralize acidic deficit (K Mg Ca).
+ Stress. Need more B6 to counteract Homocysteine (inflammation).
PS: Excess sugar depresses immune system.
How does an excess of sugar depress your defenses?
Sugar impacts your white blood cells by competing, at the occupied space level, with vitamin C. Linus Pauling did research in the 1970s to find out how the body uses vitamin C. He discovered that white blood cells need vitamin C to destroy bacteria and viruses. Sugar and vitamin C are + / similar in their chemical structure. When you eat sugar - any source - it competes directly for space / supply in your immune cells! The more sugar in your system, the less vitamin C will enter your cells where there are white blood cells. Sugar does not help your immune system at all to fight the infection; on the contrary, sugar weakens your defenses against infections. (3-4)
How sugar increases Homocysteine levels?

And that part about vitamin c and wbc , i dont understand the mechanism. even in ketosis you have glucose in your blood, Is this insulin that suppress vitamin c entering wbc?!

Last edited:

RobertJM

Everything that stimulates metabolism uses up resources to support that higher energy demand. And if you’re part of this forum and doing many of these things at once, it can become overkill. Sugar is just one thing that does this, but an extremely potent supplement.

LucH

How sugar increases Homocysteine levels?

We are talking about excess refined sugar (bakery), not one spoonful from sugar cane.

If you eat "sugar" from fruits and vegetables, you won't have any problems, as long as you do not create a sugar spike. In the latter case, you will trigger an insulin spike. Stress will be caused, and 2 hours later there will be a necessary correction (hypo). If there is stress, there is production of catecholamines, especially adrenaline and cortisol. To maintain balance and adequate production, the body needs to correct these excesses. It's a global situation, under repeated circumstances.

For example an excess of a repeated intake of certain amino acids via diet (methionine and leucine) could deplete certain enzymes (methyltransferase) or activate the growth process (Mtor pathway). In case of detox too (methylation).

So, in case of use of certain pathways, if there is a lack of trace elements and vitamins B (B6, folate and B12), because of a devitalized diet or an excess of carbohydrates, there will be stress. I try to limit my intake of carbohydrates to + / 50 gr per meal, 80 gr per period (x 3), or 240 gr or 960 K / cal per day. It all depends on your level of metabolism, age and activity (...). Personal situation. Hb1AC situation at 5.3.
See Dr. Jacques Medart, Régime IG Diabète (in French) to understand why this glycemic load (50 - 80 gr sugar).
LucH

LucH

If you want, I can post and explain about these facts:
- [Excess] Sugar depresses immune system
- Does sugar really lower your immune system?
- How much sugar and why sugar depresses immune system (phagocytose)?

PS: Does 1 teaspoon of sugar (in your infusion, at breakfast time) lower your immune system for 6 hours? The answer is no.

LucH

@LucH honey also has the same bad effects?
Honey is OK. It has both fructose and glucose, like in fruits. Fructose is protective if not too high (50/50).
Of course, it's also dose dependent, as for all nutrients. Listen to body's response (liver).
LucH
PS1: See Peat's article to understand why fructose is protective.
PS2: rosmarinus honey is top for liver protection.
Excerpt from RP (Sugar Myths 1 – Sugar and the Link between Cholesterol.)
Transcription brought to you by Genevieve Devereaux.
Exposing the myths on sugar, especially the link between sugar, obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

RP: The same thing that Burr demonstrated: His diet, most of the energy was from plain sucrose and his animal respired fifty percent faster than animals on a normal diet. That’s been seen over and over. Fructose in particular, even a small amount of fructose added to a standard diet will catalyse the oxidation of other substances, glucose and fat both, but mostly it will catalyse the use of glucose turning it into carbon dioxide.

Int: So it helps your cells use oxygen more efficiently, helps the cell respire which is, y’know, basically function better.

RP: Yeah and that increase is just about 30 – 50% in all of the publications where they have looked at it.

Int: And the increase in CO2 is also beneficial and that is another erroneous belief or misconception that CO2 is actually bad and oxygen is good but it’s actually the other way around right?

RP: Yeah and experimenters who have given a fructose supplement to diabetics see that they respond just as well or better than people without diabetes to the ability to oxidise fructose and produce energy.

Last edited:

paymanz

Honey is OK. It has both fructose and glucose, like in fruits. Fructose is protective if not too high (50/50).
Of course, it's also dose dependent, as for all nutrients. Listen to body's response (liver).
LucH
PS1: See Peat's article to understand why fructose is protective.
PS2: rosmarinus honey is top for liver protection.
Excerpt from RP (Sugar Myths 1 – Sugar and the Link between Cholesterol.)
Transcription brought to you by Genevieve Devereaux.
Exposing the myths on sugar, especially the link between sugar, obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

RP: The same thing that Burr demonstrated: His diet, most of the energy was from plain sucrose and his animal respired fifty percent faster than animals on a normal diet. That’s been seen over and over. Fructose in particular, even a small amount of fructose added to a standard diet will catalyse the oxidation of other substances, glucose and fat both, but mostly it will catalyse the use of glucose turning it into carbon dioxide.

Int: So it helps your cells use oxygen more efficiently, helps the cell respire which is, y’know, basically function better.

RP: Yeah and that increase is just about 30 – 50% in all of the publications where they have looked at it.

Int: And the increase in CO2 is also beneficial and that is another erroneous belief or misconception that CO2 is actually bad and oxygen is good but it’s actually the other way around right?

RP: Yeah and experimenters who have given a fructose supplement to diabetics see that they respond just as well or better than people without diabetes to the ability to oxidise fructose and produce energy.
refined sugar is also 50/50 fructose and glucose.

yerrag

I keep seeing that posted on here and I have no idea what it means. What is the mechanism behind sugar chelating minerals? And why does sugar in fruit or in honey not chelate minerals?
I must have missed many threads since I haven't seen posts saying sugar chelates minerals. Could you provide some links?

If you eat "sugar" from fruits and vegetables, you won't have any problems, as long as you do not create a sugar spike. In the latter case, you will trigger an insulin spike. Stress will be caused, and 2 hours later there will be a necessary correction (hypo). If there is stress, there is production of catecholamines, especially adrenaline and cortisol. To maintain balance and adequate production, the body needs to correct these excesses. It's a global situation, under repeated circumstances.
It's global in the sense this context is common - that people with problems with blood sugar regulation have this problem. But people who are healthy as far as blood sugar regulation is concerned, there is no problem of this sort that you mention. I've been from one to another. I know better now after going through the fire.

LucH

refined sugar is also 50/50 fructose and glucose.
If A = B, and B = C, A should be equal to C ?
Not always. Comparison is not reason.
To much refined sugar will deplete B1 (…). You lack vitamins B to assimilate refined sugar. vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin and niacin are necessary for the oxidation of glucose.
NB: We are not talking about one spoonful in coffee twice or thrice a day. Btw we'd better take enough sugar with coffee (we need carbs to carburate, otherwise cortisol reaction).

Last edited:

jzeno

@yerrag

If you search "sugar pulls minerals from bones" you'll find a bunch of posts like this one on websites outside of here: The Top 4 Most Common Bone Calcium Killers (#1 Is In Water Pipes But It’s Not Fluoride)

Just from searching on Google Scholar I haven't been able to find any studies that support this. It must be coming from somewhere I just don't know where.

It falls in line with the Weston A Price line of thinking that sugar causes tooth decay either through feeding bacteria in the mouth or acting as a chelator or taking up space due to it's structure resemblance to things like Vitamin C.

The only problem is I can't find anything that supports this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals