Too Much Ashwagandha, Now Serotonin Syndrome? Please Help

Momado965

I've had windows of resolution. Somehow ZEOLITE seems to help me. Also, raising cortisol seems to help too (Adrenal cortex)

And I am currently undergoing extremely intensive homeopathic treatment from a doctor from india to unfu** myself after Ashwagandha.

Anytime I touch Zinc, IM NUMB. So annoying.

The zinc connection is spot on! During the two years an a half of taking ashwagandha both herb and pill extract I used enormous amount of zinc. You mean, raising cortisol via glandular adrenals? I can use zeolite since its a rock/sand. Have you tried rehmannia for this?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
The zinc connection is spot on! During the two years an a half of taking ashwagandha both herb and pill extract I used enormous amount of zinc. You mean, raising cortisol via glandular adrenals? I can use zeolite since its a rock/sand. Have you tried rehmannia for this?

Zinc frustrates the ***t out of me. I can never use it without it causing Finesteride like symptoms?!?!
Or maybe cause it blunts cortisol release?

Yeah adrenal cortex by thourne.

Rehmannia Yes. However, that increases aromatase, I literally found out today:

"up-regulation of cytochrome P450 17A1 (CYP17A1) and aromatase (CYP19A1), and the down-regulation of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD11B1) by Rehmannia"

And traditionally I think its considered an ANaphrodisiac. My experience is absolute calmness and more day-day energy, and mental function is unreal. however, strong suppression.

Momado965

Zinc frustrates the ***t out of me. I can never use it without it causing Finesteride like symptoms?!?!
Or maybe cause it blunts cortisol release?

Yeah adrenal cortex by thourne.

Rehmannia Yes. However, that increases aromatase, I literally found out today:

"up-regulation of cytochrome P450 17A1 (CYP17A1) and aromatase (CYP19A1), and the down-regulation of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (HSD11B1) by Rehmannia"

And traditionally I think its considered an ANaphrodisiac. My experience is absolute calmness and more day-day energy, and mental function is unreal. however, strong suppression.

I noticed estrogenic symptoms from both fo ti and rehmannia as well but the other effects we awesome, specially sleep. You mean rehmannia suppressed your adrenals too much? When I was off it I couldnt continue sleeping early which is as you know a sing of elevated cortisol. Cant use adrenal cotex due to faith. Is there another way similar to it? Also, you may like ancestral supplements. They have great offal products.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Today I tried having L-Tyrosine. Got a MASSIVE mood boost, but it worsens my PSSD?! Maybe it's sending me Hyperthyroid? I feel like I have unlimited energy. My appetite is FEROCIOUS, I can eat and eat and eat. I also lift weights.
I do know Hyperthyroid can increase SHBG...
@haidut any idea? Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 12.26.42 pm.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Today I tried having L-Tyrosine. Got a MASSIVE mood boost, but it worsens my PSSD?! Maybe it's sending me Hyperthyroid? I feel like I have unlimited energy. My appetite is FEROCIOUS, I can eat and eat and eat. I also lift weights.
@haidut any idea?View attachment 12304
Not trying to answer for Haidut here.

Tyrosine -> dopamine -> noradrenaline could explain the increase in mood and energy (correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like abnormal hyper non-sustainable state), but worsening of PSSD.
So it's not so much the dopamine boost, but more so the noradrenaline boost. How long did the boost last?

Momado965

@haidut any idea?View attachment 12304

Was that after only taking tyrosine or other stuff like idealabs supps and herbs?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Not trying to answer for Haidut here.

Tyrosine -> dopamine -> noradrenaline could explain the increase in mood and energy (correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like abnormal hyper non-sustainable state), but worsening of PSSD.
So it's not so much the dopamine boost, but more so the noradrenaline boost. How long did the boost last?

You are spot on there. I definitely was exhibiting the traits of high noradrenaline. The boost was 4-5 hours.
I just want to find a permanent way to unF*** myself from Ashwagandha usage.

bdawg

You are spot on there. I definitely was exhibiting the traits of high noradrenaline. The boost was 4-5 hours.
I just want to find a permanent way to unF*** myself from Ashwagandha usage.

what are the main symptoms you attribute to Ashwagandha overuse?

bdawg

It's a very strange sexual anhedonia. Reduced sensation, blunted/no orgasm, normal erections, reduced desire/sensation. No build up.

damn son, you sure its not anything else and it happened when running it in isolation?

There was a very obscure study that suggested that it might be a 5-AR inhibitor (cant find it now), and Im not sure if its effects on 5-HT1a to 5-HT2 is partitioning is a net positive

Ashwa is a very interesting herb though, its very hard to judge given its huge range of benefits

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Take 1mg Cyproheptadine twice a week, for three months.

So @Hedgehog took Cypro for about a week or so and reported that it has left him almost CURED.

This is insane, because we both got screwed by KSM-66 and if that is what cured him, then what is the exact mechanism behind this?!

I am going to try it soon, but I am petrified as to how fatigued its going to make me, as I already have such low cortisol.

I was going to start with literally like 500mcg or even 250mcg diliuted in water.

Momado965

So @Hedgehog took Cypro for about a week or so and reported that it has left him almost CURED.

This is insane, because we both got screwed by KSM-66 and if that is what cured him, then what is the exact mechanism behind this?!

I am going to try it soon, but I am petrified as to how fatigued its going to make me, as I already have such low cortisol.

I was going to start with literally like 500mcg or even 250mcg diliuted in water.

I am using cypro. It has been a few days now. I like the effects.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Actually, it desensitize 5-HT1a but sensitive the 5HT2. It supposedly works around the receptors via the mRNA this could be lead to permanent effects. It also has effects on the GABA system.
Also it increases testosterone and downregulates estrogen. Ashwagandha raises testosterone and downregulates estrogen receptor

Ashwagandha: Scientific review on benefits, side effects, dosage, and more.
I am using cypro. It has been a few days now. I like the effects.

Awesome man! I've got some on standby ready to trial too.

What dose? What time of day? What have you noticed?

Momado965

Awesome man! I've got some on standby ready to trial too.

What dose? What time of day? What have you noticed?

As far as effects Im not anti social anymore. Interests and desires are acted upon immediately. Also hunger increased. I developed a big appetite in two days of using it. Gut is robust. Former effects are also tied to lisuride as well. I used 1-2mg cypro. Doses split. Morning and night.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
As far as effects Im not anti social anymore. Interests and desires are acted upon immediately. Also hunger increased. I developed a big appetite in two days of using it. Gut is robust. Former effects are also tied to lisuride as well. I used 1-2mg cypro. Doses split. Morning and night.

Excellent man. That sounds very promising. Did it counteract the deleterious effects that ashwagandha did for your libido?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Momado965

Lisuride and cypro really reversed the effects of ashwagandha but its so bad that all good effects are gone upon stopping rhe drugs.