Momado965

All serotonin antagonists have this effect upon withdrawal. It is unfortunate that the abstracts mentioned metergoline more than the others but it clearly ends with a generic statement about all serotonin antagonists.
Upon withdrawal, the first few days there will be increased sensitivity but then serotonin synthesis should be reduced in response to the increased sensitivity. The same is seen in pretty much all receptor antagonist studies. Another good example is using the glucocorticoid antagonist RU486 - it also increases sensitivity for a few days and then endogenous cortisol production drops down.

Does this sensitized effect happen with exogenuoud pregnenolone, progesterone, androsterone or other hormones?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does this sensitized effect happen with exogenuoud pregnenolone, progesterone, androsterone or other hormones?

It usually happens with any receptor antagonist molecule, not agonists.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makes sense thanks, i guess it would be smart to use more aspirin/caffeine/defibron when withdrawing from serotonin antagonists? i do sometimes get a nasty headache a few days after metergoline

I would try to eat more protein, especially gelatin, which keeps tryptophan intake low and prevents serotonin accumulation in the brain.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Arent those beneficial hormones also antagonistic of GR and ER?

Progesterone has been shown to actually cause disintegration of the estrogen "receptor" and thus make the cell immune the effects of estrogen. Caffeine can do the same in higher doses. So, there are exceptions to this rule.
Caffeine Is A Potent Anti-estrogen; Can Block Estrogen "receptor" Completely
Caffeine protects against breast cancer by lowering estrogen

The effects of pregnenolone/progesterone on GR have not been studies that well, mostly because there is no interest in these cheap, widely available and unpatentable steroids. My opinion is that pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA should upregulate GR because they all inhibit GR translocation to the nucleus, which is an effect known as "silent antagonism".

inthedark

Just wanted to report here again about my ongoing experiences with Metergoline (I will cross post this to the Metergoline/Lisuride long term experiences thread too). I used Metergoline in anything from very small daily doses to one large dose a week, experimenting over about six months last year. Aside from an initial acclimatization period (as mentioned in earlier posts) I found it to more helpful than any single supplement I'd ever taken for quality of life and mental/emotional health. I ran out in early autumn summer and stopped using it.

After lasting a fair bit further into winter without bad seasonal depression than previous years (I've noticed an improvement every year since starting "peating"), in early january I was hit hard with recurring anxiety and depression, some of the worst I've experienced (I think that this had a lot to do with demands associated with returning to post-secondary, and also working a job I hate). I ordered more Metergoline and received it the week before last. I dosed three drops on my wrist a few times the first day. Within maybe two hours of the first dose I felt profoundly better. My depressive circular thoughts and near constant low level anxiety totally evaporated. I was no longer worried about school or work. The haze I had been in cleared so quickly I couldn't fathom how or why I'd felt so down. I remembered Metergoline helping a great deal with these things when I'd last used it but this transformation seemed more drastic.

The reason I'm putting this testimonial here is that I think Metergoline (and probably other serotonin antagonists) is very much worth at least trying for other people with long standing depression and anxiety and learned helplessness. It's no panacea -nothing is-, but I used this drug for months with very few side effects, dropped it with no issue, then started using it again whereby it helped even more than before. This is a powerful substance and one that I think could be transformative for many people.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to report here again about my ongoing experiences with Metergoline (I will cross post this to the Metergoline/Lisuride long term experiences thread too). I used Metergoline in anything from very small daily doses to one large dose a week, experimenting over about six months last year. Aside from an initial acclimatization period (as mentioned in earlier posts) I found it to more helpful than any single supplement I'd ever taken for quality of life and mental/emotional health. I ran out in early autumn summer and stopped using it.

After lasting a fair bit further into winter without bad seasonal depression than previous years (I've noticed an improvement every year since starting "peating"), in early january I was hit hard with recurring anxiety and depression, some of the worst I've experienced (I think that this had a lot to do with demands associated with returning to post-secondary, and also working a job I hate). I ordered more Metergoline and received it the week before last. I dosed three drops on my wrist a few times the first day. Within maybe two hours of the first dose I felt profoundly better. My depressive circular thoughts and near constant low level anxiety totally evaporated. I was no longer worried about school or work. The haze I had been in cleared so quickly I couldn't fathom how or why I'd felt so down. I remembered Metergoline helping a great deal with these things when I'd last used it but this transformation seemed more drastic.

The reason I'm putting this testimonial here is that I think Metergoline (and probably other serotonin antagonists) is very much worth at least trying for other people with long standing depression and anxiety and learned helplessness. It's no panacea -nothing is-, but I used this drug for months with very few side effects, dropped it with no issue, then started using it again whereby it helped even more than before. This is a powerful substance and one that I think could be transformative for many people.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Luk3

Hi, Haidut. How do I order this, please? I can’t see it on your site.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Satellite

We experimented with our first dose today.
4 drops on the back of hands/paws for a total of 8 drops or 1 serving or 3.3 mg.

Seemed to have experienced a "clearing" sensation, marked by a sense of calm and relaxation mentally and physically.
Rat had to take a nap after taking the dose.
Slept really soundly and did not want to wake up.

Current experimentation program is below.
Will continue to post results.
Thanks for tuning in!

DAILY
1g ginger extract vit shoppe brand plnt
Valhalla-Labs Thor's Hammer for E/Cort control, androgen receptor boost/estrogen receptor blocking, and "turning on" of testicles
<= 1 TSP pine pollen powder (Andros, Test, DHEA)
1-2 scoops Essential 10 plant-based meal replacement (multi-vitamin substitute)((<=220% phosphorous))
Rat is up to 7 drops (1 grain) Tyromax but increases 1 drop every 1-2 weeks to test thyroid impact
100-200 mcg of T2
20-40 drops Idealabs Mitolipin
0-4 drops Idealabs Calcirol
0-4 drops Idealabs K2
0-4 drops Idealabs Androsterone
0-10 drops Idealabs 6-keto p4
0-40 drops Cardenosine

WORKOUTS DAILY
Valhalla-Labs Battle Mead to improve insulin sensitivity

AS NEEDED FOR SLEEP
Steel Rested AF
0-8 drops Metergoline

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Disclaimer:
I give my rat the same stack as an experimental control, then I take whatever I legally can to mimic the experiment or get it from a doctor.
Taking care of my best bud daily built a strong bond, an affinity, so sometimes I interchange “my rat” with “I” because we’re best buds and going through it together.

Satellite

We experimented with our first dose today.
4 drops on the back of hands/paws for a total of 8 drops or 1 serving or 3.3 mg.

Seemed to have experienced a "clearing" sensation, marked by a sense of calm and relaxation mentally and physically.
Rat had to take a nap after taking the dose.
Slept really soundly and did not want to wake up.

Current experimentation program is below.
Will continue to post results.
Thanks for tuning in!

DAILY
1g ginger extract vit shoppe brand plnt
Valhalla-Labs Thor's Hammer for E/Cort control, androgen receptor boost/estrogen receptor blocking, and "turning on" of testicles
<= 1 TSP pine pollen powder (Andros, Test, DHEA)
1-2 scoops Essential 10 plant-based meal replacement (multi-vitamin substitute)((<=220% phosphorous))
Rat is up to 7 drops (1 grain) Tyromax but increases 1 drop every 1-2 weeks to test thyroid impact
100-200 mcg of T2
20-40 drops Idealabs Mitolipin
0-4 drops Idealabs Calcirol
0-4 drops Idealabs K2
0-4 drops Idealabs Androsterone
0-10 drops Idealabs 6-keto p4
0-40 drops Cardenosine

WORKOUTS DAILY
Valhalla-Labs Battle Mead to improve insulin sensitivity

AS NEEDED FOR SLEEP
Steel Rested AF
0-8 drops Metergoline

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Disclaimer:
I give my rat the same stack as an experimental control, then I take whatever I legally can to mimic the experiment or get it from a doctor.
Taking care of my best bud daily built a strong bond, an affinity, so sometimes I interchange “my rat” with “I” because we’re best buds and going through it together.

First night of sleep was solid.
Deep sleep, vivid dreams, and morning wood.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Satellite

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for real supplements! LOL

This one’s a beauty!

Noticing steroid like effects such as deep voice and better thinking. Plus noticing the cortisol and prolactin control.

Not sure it has the muscle building power of testosterone, but that’s not a con. Rather it’s nice because it’s similar so can be used during a cut etc.

Not trying to make hulk monsters, you know? Just lean and chiseled, but full muscle bellies.

Also took a long break and just got back to weights last week so really too early to say. Could be great for muscles.

Well, also supplementing with DAA and pine pollen extract, but they never got the voice this deep, only a little.

On another note, I love a deep voice. When women hear a deep voice they go crazy, more so than having muscles IMO.

My muscles never turned heads but my deep voice does all the time.
I think they associate it with having a nice set of tools to get the job done, you know?

I especially notice on phone calls with women. More so ones with feminine voices.

We like to bask in each other’s hormones LOL

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Antonello

@haidut Any idea why Metergoline gives me more serotonin syndrome that later on I have to correct with cyproheptadine?
I was thinking the autoreceptor increase my overall serotonin and the net effect is more serotonin.
Metergoline gives me diarrhea and loose stools.
Cypro fix it!

Tbone107

Does anybody have any comments on Diamant vs metergoline.. I’m thinking of getting one or the other.

Luk3

My rat just had some test results back. His prolactin was at 25 about 6 weeks ago, so he's been on metergoline, tocovit (although not daily), and has abstained from sex/masturbation. About 3-4 weeks on this regime and his prolactin is down to 16! He took 4-6 drops orally of meter a day. He did used to masturbate excessively, so I think that played a big part, too. His testosterone has also dropped from from over 1000 to 850.

Jing

@haidut Any idea why Metergoline gives me more serotonin syndrome that later on I have to correct with cyproheptadine?
I was thinking the autoreceptor increase my overall serotonin and the net effect is more serotonin.
Metergoline gives me diarrhea and loose stools.
Cypro fix it!
Are you sure it's serotonin syndrome? Could just be increased adrenaline?