Hair Loss (AGA) And Low Blood Flow: What Everyone Gets Wrong

Broken man

Does he have a specific thread for this? I've seen the The Travis Corner, but that seems like a giant thread to sift through (I will probably end up sifting through it at some point).
Yes, he was writting thread about it, I think you can easily find it through search.

Repas du soir

Yes, he was writting thread about it, I think you can easily find it through search.
I'm sorry to bother you, but I looked at his threads, and I couldn't find anything specifically on this subject. Even when I search for "hair" + "posted by member: Travis", I only got two results.

I feel I read a long post from him in the past where he mentioned vitamin D being very important.

Could you give a quick rundown on what you remember that he has said, or do you think we should try to summon him?

Hairfedup

I'm sorry to bother you, but I looked at his threads, and I couldn't find anything specifically on this subject. Even when I search for "hair" + "posted by member: Travis", I only got two results.

I feel I read a long post from him in the past where he mentioned vitamin D being very important.

Could you give a quick rundown on what you remember that he has said, or do you think we should try to summon him?

I made a thread a while ago that Travis commented in...based on his observations of PGD2 being the primary driver of baldness in men.

Broken man

Search for "tumour necrosis Factor alpha" or "prostaglandins"

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Hi there, hope all is well! Just read your comment and was wondering what massages you perform on the scalp to reduce calcification/fibrosis, etc. and improve blood flow?

Check out perfecthairhealth.com

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the link! Just out of curiosity, do you think vegan diets pose a risk to hair growth?

It depends. There are certainly Vegans who manage to get most of the nutrients they need for optimal health but they are the exception rather than the rule and typically have to take supplements to meet their nutritional needs. I would say for the vast majority of people Vegan diets are not conducive to long term health and probably not hair health. It is very difficult to get enough high quality protein on a vegan diet. There is probably some initial benefit from removing muscle meats from the diet which can be stressful on the body due to their amino acid composition but the removal of things such as eggs, dairy, shellfish, liver is just depriving the body of many nutrient rich healthy foods that are conducive to hair health.

If you want to be on a vegan diet for health reasons I don't think the argument is very strong. If you want to be on a vegan diet for moral reasons I also don't agree with that BUT if you wanted to not eat vegan but feel morally ok with it you should look into eating oysters. Oysters don't even have a central nervous system so have no capacity to feel pain and they are extremely good for the environment as they clean the water. They are full of protein, zinc, and copper all nutrients that vegans typically are lacking.

Article Link:
Why It's ok for vegans to eat oysters

ddjd

Thanks for the link! Just out of curiosity, do you think vegan diets pose a risk to hair growth?
Yes! You need good methylation for hait to grow! Veganism = low methionine, low b12 etc etc

Motif

Does anyone in here know why taurine makes me shed so bad? I shed like a dog when I take the stuff..

Same here. Histamine or Sulphur.

Without fixing this issues I will never regrow hair, that's for sure.

ddjd

Same here. Histamine or Sulphur.

Without fixing this issues I will never regrow hair, that's for sure.
possibly depletes bioavailable copper which is essential for DAO enzyme. Dao enzyme essential to deactivate histamine

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
What about microneedling for breaking up calcification?

I think there is something too this there are lots of people that have used microneedling combined with minoxidil for some pretty remarkable results. You can find a bunch of them here. Microneedling Photo Results Summary

I my self just bought a device that supposedly helps breaks up calcification and increases blood flow. It is called the Magnaroller and it is basically a cylinder with plastic points and magnets. The magnets are supposedly to increase blood through interaction with Iron (this aspect sounds like nonsnese to me).

I have to admit that I was very skeptical about it but after using it I can REALLY feel the increase in blood flow and it is extremely exfoliating on the scalp. It essentially feels like a mild version of microneedling because it does not pierce the skin but the pressure causes increased blood flow.

If anyone is interested you can get it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/MagnaRoller-Scalp-Massager-Hair-Growth/dp/B01F2PRNLG. Be noted for what it is which is cheap plastic and magnets it is a rip off price wise.

CDT

Have any of you done research on the effects of Masturbation and Hair loss? Is there a direct link, or is it more indirect, but still can build up to contribute to hair loss over time?

olive

Have any of you done research on the effects of Masturbation and Hair loss? Is there a direct link, or is it more indirect, but still can build up to contribute to hair loss over time?
Masturbation increase prolactin. Prolactin indirectly causes hair loss, among other issues.

CDT

Masturbation increase prolactin. Prolactin indirectly causes hair loss, among other issues.
Can no masturbation over a period of time cause hair to regrow, or does prolactin increase cause permanent damage to the hair?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Can no masturbation over a period of time cause hair to regrow, or does prolactin increase cause permanent damage to the hair?

I don't think it causes any permanent damage but elevated prolactin levels can be difficult to get down after they have been elevated for a long period of time.

J

jb116

Isolating prolactin increase only to masturbation is silly and misleading. It most likely stemmed from self-righteousness religious people with their hyper-moralistic judgments of a "natural" behavior. Prolactin is increased after orgasm [PERIOD]
Prolactin counters catecholemines of the pre-sexual release i.e. in the excited state and is proportional to the sense of excitement and satisfaction achieved. It's perfectly normal and that is within context. If you fear this natural response as if it's the boogeyman, then simple solution: don't have sex or masturbate.

GorillaHead

I'm convinced. It's all about fibrosis and-or calcification. Targeting fibrosis significantly stops my hair loss.

Sadly treatment is limited. Glucocorticoids can stop and reverse collagen accumulation.

I am using Dexamethasone which completely stops my hair loss. I can see my temples are re-forming. Bald temples started to get "scalpy" looking. Minor hairs are growing.

Taurine is a powerful anti-fibrotic too and unlike Glucocorticoids, it's completely safe don't have any side effect.

I've been using micronized progesterone too. Almost 2 year. But I can't see a sharp effect like DEX or Taurine.

Still using dex? Can you elaborate on your progress with it ? Results lasts or do u need to keep applying ? are you applying only to bare spots or areas with hair as well ?