Challenging White Bread

InChristAlone

hey sorry for my english , i tried baker's yeast with semolina flour and mixed with water , let it for 24 hours to rise and then the next morning i tried to bake it for 30 min , it didn't rise and the color stayed white and i couldn't eat it , it was very hard to put it in my teeth , what do you think the problem was ?
from that day i didn't want to try it again , and semolina italian pasta digests easier in my opinion.
Semolina is for pasta, you wouldn't bake with it. Yes pasta is great!

Aymen

i eat bread very rarely and i people told me that i become very slim , bu
Semolina is for pasta, you wouldn't bake with it. Yes pasta is great!
so i should bake with a yeast and white flour only right ?
can i add some oats in the dough ?

InChristAlone

i eat bread very rarely and i people told me that i become very slim , bu

so i should bake with a yeast and white flour only right ?
can i add some oats in the dough ?
Yes all purpose or bread flour. I mean you wouldn't add oats to the dough I don't think, that would taste funny. Sometimes you see oats coating the outside though. I would rather just make some traditional soaked oats instead of add it to bread.

Last edited:

Aymen

Yes all purpose or bread flour. I mean you wouldn't add oats to the dough I don't think, that would taste funny. Sometimes you see oats coating the outside though. I would rather just make some traditional soaked oats than add it to bread.
i will try and see , thanks.

johnwester130

Hi guys! I just want to share my recent way of eating.
White bread is my staple. Somehow over time my appetite for sugar diminished and I was seeking starch. Now I only eat white bread, meat and vegetables.

I was using potatoes before; but i cannot spend that much time cooking, so I looked for an alternative. I tried white bread and my current state is at its best.

Apparently, it has calcium. 260mg per 100 grams. Thats a lot given that I eat around 800grams of white bread daily.

I believe white bread is easy on digestion for most people. So if u can digest it; it might not be as evil. Just my 2c.

have you considered jackson's honst chips as a starch source ?

my stomach always hurts if I have too much wheat based stuff. And as I said, it puts on pounds of fat.

Lynne

While I get what you're saying, it's really not possible to "enjoy" my food when I have very specific restrictions such as ultra-low PUFA intake, which basically means the only fat I can have is hydrogenated coconut oil.

Which hydrogenated coconut oil(s) do you use @Cirion ?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I bought my husband non gmo non fortified white wheat bread from Whole Foods this week hopeful he would like it. No luck. He simply prefers the fluffy fortified non organic white bread (think Wonder Bread). Oh well, you can’t blame a girl for trying.

InChristAlone

I bought my husband non gmo non fortified white wheat bread from Whole Foods this week hopeful he would like it. No luck. He simply prefers the fluffy fortified non organic white bread (think Wonder Bread). Oh well, you can’t blame a girl for trying.
Husbands seem similar. Haha! Mine prefers the fluffy fortified white bread too. He said my artesian sourdough bread hurt his mouth because it was too crispy on the outside.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Husbands seem similar. Haha! Mine prefers the fluffy fortified white bread too. He said my artesian sourdough bread hurt his mouth because it was too crispy on the outside.
Yes, but we love them anyway. Mine wakes up every night with diarrhea but at least I’ve got him off dairy and it’s improving.

Cirion

I have the opposite problem... Trying to find a girl to date that is all about the healthy lifestyle :P A lot of "health minded" girls are into things like calorie restriction, too much exercise etc... then of course there are the "party minded" girls who eat junk and do whatever, it's rare to find someone (of either gender) that is TRULY health minded lol

Cirion

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have the opposite problem... Trying to find a girl to date that is all about the healthy lifestyle :P A lot of "health minded" girls are into things like calorie restriction, too much exercise etc...
Oh the irony...
I suppose it's so we can all learn to respect the choices of others. I'm just happy to have someone who accepts my unique eating style - it took a while though!

InChristAlone

Yes, but we love them anyway. Mine wakes up every night with diarrhea but at least I’ve got him off dairy and it’s improving.
That's good it's improving!

Yeah, it seems a health nut has trouble finding a partner that is as interested about health as they are haha. Although I wasn't into it very much when I met mine.

Cirion

Oh the irony...
I suppose it's so we can all learn to respect the choices of others. I'm just happy to have someone who accepts my unique eating style - it took a while though!

That would be the happy medium yes. Last person I seriously dated though it was difficult to manage though, so this time ideally I'd like to just avoid that issue, lol. And as an aside, I now believe the issue with a lot of girls being mental is actually NOT because "women are emotional" per-se but rather I think so many women torture themselves to get thin through restriction of food and excessive exercise which interferes with their mental state as well. (Worth noting that she was always very cold, who knows what her average body temp was, but probably very very low, self medicating with high heat in the house and excessive clothing etc).

Anyways... I think that's kind off topic of this thread lol

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That would be the happy medium yes. Last person I seriously dated though it was difficult to manage though, so this time ideally I'd like to just avoid that issue, lol. And as an aside, I now believe the issue with a lot of girls being mental is actually NOT because "women are emotional" per-se but rather I think so many women torture themselves to get thin through restriction of food and excessive exercise which interferes with their mental state as well. (Worth noting that she was always very cold, who knows what her average body temp was, but probably very very low, self medicating with high heat in the house and excessive clothing etc).

Anyways... I think that's kind off topic of this thread lol
I agree. There is enormous pressure for women (and increasingly men) to be unnaturally thin. I went through that phase myself. I think it impacts our whole society/culture. I've settled at a higher-normal BMI of 24 for a 49 year old woman and it was quite enlightening what I experienced while in the overweight-obese category. I knew I needed to sit with it and continue to nourish myself despite being "fat" but my own family was quite challenging. I knew I couldn't go back to starving but being rejected by your own family was quite devastating. People generally just don't get that sometimes people gain weight in the process of regaining their health. You're correct though and if you wish to discuss this further you can start a private conversation with me to avoid derailing this thread. I lived through it all and came out stronger for it!

somuch4food

I knew I couldn't go back to starving but being rejected by your own family was quite devastating. People generally just don't get that sometimes people gain weight in the process of regaining their health.

I hear you on starvation. I was controlling my hunger this summer. I always like I ate 1 hour ago I shouldn't be hungry right now and was suppressing my hunger.

My partner is currently worried I will put on too much weight from the amount of food I ingest, but if the food is right for your body it will be put to a better use than weight.

I eat at least 3 slices of bread per day and my body seems to like it.

S Hope

Interesting topic.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this... for years I have been making sourdough bread, half whole wheat, half white flour. I recently tried switching to making it with just white flour, which is supposedly more easy to digest, etc, but found that I didn't seem to tolerate the white flour bread as well, so I'm back to half whole wheat and half white for making bread. Why might this be the case?

InChristAlone

Interesting topic.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this... for years I have been making sourdough bread, half whole wheat, half white flour. I recently tried switching to making it with just white flour, which is supposedly more easy to digest, etc, but found that I didn't seem to tolerate the white flour bread as well, so I'm back to half whole wheat and half white for making bread. Why might this be the case?
I guess it depends on the symptoms. For me it's the fiber I hate.

Interesting topic.

What sourdough culture do you use?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals