Anyone Try Inositol For Sleep ?

Frankdee20

So, I just cannot get consistent sleep. I do not know if Magnesium at night is impeding that. I do not know if it is from my coffee consumption - 3 or 4 or 5 standard cups a day. I do not know if it is from lowered cortisol at night from Magnesium (lowers ACTH). I want to try the Brain Calm product containing Inositol 650mg, some GABA 100MG, gLYCINE 50MG, and Passionflower. Only thing I have not tried is Progesterone, and Theanine. Taurine before bed does not help, as it makes me hungry.

Makrosky

So, I just cannot get consistent sleep. I do not know if Magnesium at night is impeding that. I do not know if it is from my coffee consumption - 3 or 4 or 5 standard cups a day. I do not know if it is from lowered cortisol at night from Magnesium (lowers ACTH). I want to try the Brain Calm product containing Inositol 650mg, some GABA 100MG, gLYCINE 50MG, and Passionflower. Only thing I have not tried is Progesterone, and Theanine. Taurine before bed does not help, as it makes me hungry.
Are you using magnesium from idealabs ? That causes insomnia for me.
Any ammount of coffee after 1pm can definitely interfere with sleep.
Taurine can be dopaminergic so it could also interfere with sleep.

CaliforniaKat

I am in the same boat. Wake every 2 hrs, then up for good by about 4 am. It sucks. Did your experiment work?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I am in the same boat. Wake every 2 hrs, then up for good by about 4 am. It sucks. Did your experiment work?

I am cautious in wanting to use the Inositol. I forget which one, but if you are an over or under methylator, it can make you feel worse. Severe anxiety one time from using it.

frant26

Never tried inositol. Having eaten enough during the day, for sure. When I can't sleep, magnesium glycinate seems to work great so far, if you manage to tolerate the disgusting taste. If not 300mg+ theanine (with some aspirin maybe).

Or very tiny amounts of progesterone/DHEA/androsterone also work really well: they lower cortisol, adrenaline and increase GABA. Last resort, 500mcg (half milligram) of mirtazapine.

TeaRex14

I've been wanting to try inositol but I haven't been able to find a quality product yet. Idealabs, Pure Bulk, and Health Natura don't sell any, at least I don't think. If someone could find me a quality source of it I would definitely try it. It's got great adrenaline blunting properties and adrenaline happens to be one of my main issues.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I've been wanting to try inositol but I haven't been able to find a quality product yet. Idealabs, Pure Bulk, and Health Natura don't sell any, at least I don't think. If someone could find me a quality source of it I would definitely try it. It's got great adrenaline blunting properties and adrenaline happens to be one of my main issues.

There are great powders available from good brands. Use amazon

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Thanks, yeah I don't normally check Amazon because I don't like supporting them. May have to make an exception this time.

Pure Formulas website, or Iherb website, or Willner Chemist website, if you are in the states.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

The one I wanted to purchase was actually a formula of Inositol, Glycine, Gaba, and Passionflower. It is by Douglas Labs, and called Brain Calm, formulated by Eric Braverman. I once spent a fortune to take his QEEG or Brain Mapping scan. That was one of the formulas he suggested, along with Gabapentin for sleep, based on the scan.

Cirion

really topping off the blood sugar throughout the day seems to be key. You can tell what your blood sugar is like by your mood. I went to bed in almost a euphoric mood last night, and I managed to stay asleep for 7 hrs, almost a record for me. I used to think caffeine was keeping me awake, but riddle me this... I went from no caffeine to three cups a day again, and that was yesterday. Actually I now think caffeine helps sleep. As long as you cut it off by around noon, anyway.

also before I go to bed - I ask myself... am I even remotely hungry? basically if I even have to ask that question... that means EAT. if I'm not properly sated/full before bed, I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night, 100% guaranteed

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I just think my GABA system is fried from years of abusing my brain with drugs and alcohol. The slightest amount of something will give me anxiety for a day.

Otterbutt

Tried it. Worked for me! Relaxing at doses 2-4g (yes, grams). Once went a little overboard at 8 grams (because I read that 12-18g were used in a study for mental health issues, so what the hell) and took two naps in one day.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Tried it. Worked for me! Relaxing at doses 2-4g (yes, grams). Once went a little overboard at 8 grams (because I read that 12-18g were used in a study for mental health issues, so what the hell) and took two naps in one day.

Yes, the ridiculous amounts were from that one Israeli study, for like OCD. I think sleep problems respond to a gram or two.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals