Can't Drink This Milk Anymore - Heartburn

pretty reliable method of getting heartburn is to drink the LF milk I was using for a long time.

Limonene fixes the heartburn but I'm pouring the milk down the drain.

The milk is also constipating. Now I won't worry about it. I'll be back to eating some beef or lamb or fish during the day along with juice etc.

OP
ecstatichamster
then i'd have to use lactase drops which is easily done but.

Well, I can try it.

RisingSun

then i'd have to use lactase drops which is easily done but.

Well, I can try it.

You got this backwards.

Raw milk contains lactase enzymes that break lactose, as they haven’t been destroyed by heat. That’s why raw milk is digested with no issue.

On the other hand, pasteurized milk often necessitate you to pop lactase enzymes.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I think the ultra pasteurization of lactose free milk makes some proteins to become indigestible and they may cause inflammation in the stomach. That Fairlife milk they sell has extra protein and it was so indigestible for me that it caused vomiting. Raw milk would be great but it isn’t an option for some of us. Right now I am drinking pasteurized whole milk. I only drink it with collagen, sugar, coffee and cocoa. I don’t think I will ever produce enough lactase to drink large quantities of low fat milk at my age. I don’t blame you for abandoning milk. I have replaced the calcium with eggshell powder. If you don’t want to grind eggshells there are good sources that sell it for pets. My issues with constipation seemed to resolve when I quit the lactose free milk and added the eggshell powder.

OP
ecstatichamster
i've used eggshell powder but now I use oyster shell which is cheap and easier.

I just rely more on beef which doesn't make me happy.

I may try raw milk.

I do not think raw milk contains lactase though @RisingSun because then the lactose would be turned into galactose and glucose and that doesn't happen. I think I would need to add lactase. There is a theory that the bacteria in raw milk create lactase, but I doubt it. I can try it. One glass won't kill me.

OP
ecstatichamster
I have been trying raw milk for the last few days. It seems to cause me no trouble so far, but only drinking maybe 10 fluid ounces a day. Also consuming raw milk cottage cheese.

I may up this to two glasses a day in a few days. Note that I am not adding lactase to it so it has its natural lactose and it isn’t bothering me.

Thanks @RisingSun so far you seem to be correct!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals