Flush From Niacinamide?

I order my b-vits supplement from a local compounding drugstore. One capsule has only 100mg of niacinamide but I feel slight niacin flush after taking it. Does my imagination play tricks with me and its psychosomatic? Does anybody has similar experience? Another option is that niacinamide was substituted per niacin mistakenly or intentionally, this option is possible, Im in Brazil after all.

tankasnowgod

I order my b-vits supplement from a local compounding drugstore. One capsule has only 100mg of niacinamide but I feel slight niacin flush after taking it. Does my imagination play tricks with me and its psychosomatic? Does anybody has similar experience? Another option is that niacinamide was substituted per niacin mistakenly or intentionally, this option is possible, Im in Brazil after all.

How many times has this happened with this batch? If it's happened multiple times, my guess is that niacin was substituted for niacinamide.

OP
methylenewhite
Its a new order, I took one pill only. Will do a final test tomorrow on empty stomach.

LenLaw

I took 300mg niacinamide today for the first time [sublingually] 5-10 mins later my face, head and ears were flush and tingling strongly. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen?
So now I'm unsure if my niacinamide was mislabeled, or tainted/impure, or I'm one of a few people as described by Doctor Hoffer 'For reasons unknown, about 1 in 100 persons who take niacinamide do flush. They must be able to convert niacinamide to niacin in their bodies at a very rapid pace.' Niacin, Coronary Disease and Longevity by Abram Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D.

aguilaroja

...One capsule has only 100mg of niacinamide but I feel slight niacin flush after taking it...Does anybody has similar experience? Another option is that niacinamide was substituted per niacin mistakenly or intentionally, this option is possible...
I took 300mg niacinamide today for the first time [sublingually] 5-10 mins later my face, head and ears were flush and tingling strongly. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen?
So now I'm unsure if my niacinamide was mislabeled, or tainted/impure, or I'm one of a few people as described by Doctor Hoffer 'For reasons unknown, about 1 in 100 persons who take niacinamide do flush. They must be able to convert niacinamide to niacin in their bodies at a very rapid pace.' Niacin, Coronary Disease and Longevity by Abram Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D.

I am familiar with a couple of reports in my circle about this. In anecdotal sample, it seems very infrequent. The people I know habituated and were able to use niacinamide uneventfully after increasing amounts gradually over a few weeks. They both used tiny amounts of aspirin daily.

The topic was discussed previously here:
Niacinamide And Histamine

OP
methylenewhite
I does not seem to happen every time. Looks like combined with some other yet not identified factor it gives me flush.

milk_lover

Maybe you have allergy to this type of niacinamide. A lot of people don't react well to niacinamide.

LenLaw

I am familiar with a couple of reports in my circle about this. In anecdotal sample, it seems very infrequent. The people I know habituated and were able to use niacinamide uneventfully after increasing amounts gradually over a few weeks. They both used tiny amounts of aspirin daily.

The topic was discussed previously here:
Niacinamide And Histamine

The flushing is decreasing slightly each day. Also I took a dose after breaking my fast [OMAD] and the flushing was much reduced - slower digestion I guess.
I mentioned the effect to a doctor on youtube whose been taking NAM for a while and he said that there is often NA in low quality NAM from the production process [this checked out on wikipedia- saying NAM is often made from NA] ..he said to throw the stuff away.

Personally I think I'm ok now with taking some NA with my NAM. I think I might prefer it???

Curiousman

The flushing is decreasing slightly each day. Also I took a dose after breaking my fast [OMAD] and the flushing was much reduced - slower digestion I guess.
I mentioned the effect to a doctor on youtube whose been taking NAM for a while and he said that there is often NA in low quality NAM from the production process [this checked out on wikipedia- saying NAM is often made from NA] ..he said to throw the stuff away.

Personally I think I'm ok now with taking some NA with my NAM. I think I might prefer it???
Why do you take NA together with NAN ? Wich the benefits ?

Curiousman

I already had flush with Niacinamide too. But it was very little.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals