If You Never Want To Use Laundry Detergent This Is Your Answer

Lolinaa

Wow, I am learning everyday on this forum.
Can you use it on black and colours or is it only good for white and light colours clothes?
I don't know about you but I find laundry soap not very efficient and there is none for black clothes.

Dave Clark

Wow, I am learning everyday on this forum.
Can you use it on black and colours or is it only good for white and light colours clothes?
I don't know about you but I find laundry soap not very efficient and there is none for black clothes.
If you are taling about the borax, I can't speak for others, but I have used it for all colors without noticing any problems. It is not a miracle cleaner, but it does clean. I would say experiment on clothes that are not that important to you to see if you are getting the results you want. I use borax as a dish detergent, cleans grease and grime on dishes better than any soap. I have a shaker with borax in it, I use a sponge with dish soap than sprinkle in some borax, works better than straight dish soap.

OP
ecstatichamster
My goal is to avoid chemicals and that goes for laundry detergent. Maybe washing soda is fine, but now I don't need any at all.

I think magnesium must be healthy so I am not bothered by it. There is some mechanism for enough magnesium metal to react with the water or debris or dirt in the clothing to release some type of saponified compounds, but I doubt they can cause harm or leave harmful residue in clothing.

Before this, I have been tempted to get an Ozone laundry system that simply attaches to where your hot water goes into the washer. It injects ozone and also requires no detergent. But I'm in a rental and don't have the ability to install that.

Therefore I'm glad I found this. A relative is using it for their family laundry and they have two babies and all is well. This is amazing how well it works and for $50 you get basically a year's worth of laundry and don't need any chemicals.

Lolinaa

If you are taling about the borax, I can't speak for others, but I have used it for all colors without noticing any problems. It is not a miracle cleaner, but it does clean. I would say experiment on clothes that are not that important to you to see if you are getting the results you want. I use borax as a dish detergent, cleans grease and grime on dishes better than any soap. I have a shaker with borax in it, I use a sponge with dish soap than sprinkle in some borax, works better than straight dish soap.

No, I was talking about the magnesium beads Estactic hamster is talking about. If the boron is effecient and gives good result, I would love to try it too.
I prefer to use mainly natural products. I like as well to keep my clothes in great shape and clean. I have been disappointed in the past with some organic washing products.
I will try both and see how it goes.

Terma

I know nothing about this and I wonder, is there an effective dose for Borax as detergent? [I mean in personal experience for washing, beside what was posted by Inaut]

Is there a critical dose for leaving residues? It must be small, but still, concerned about exposure of things to pets.

[I would consider magnesium beads but I tend to have to or just pack too much laundry in a load due to the extortion-based coin machines and large blankets, so a sachet might have problems circulating effectively. Have the impression might be subpar my case from all the comments]

Last edited:

ilikecats

@raypeatclips do you have a source for the sodium carbonate statement? Does he recommend adding anything to it or just using sodium carbonate by itself? Any amounts recommended? And he definitely said sodium carbonate (washing soda) not sodium bicarbonate? I just started using it but it seems to be making colors look a little dull... it’s a decent trade off though for giving up that nasty toxic detergent I was using before. Thanks

raypeatclips

@raypeatclips do you have a source for the sodium carbonate statement? Does he recommend adding anything to it or just using sodium carbonate by itself? Any amounts recommended? And he definitely said sodium carbonate (washing soda) not sodium bicarbonate? I just started using it but it seems to be making colors look a little dull... it’s a decent trade off though for giving up that nasty toxic detergent I was using before. Thanks

I asked him by email a short while back, this was his exact response:

"Sodium carbonate, washing soda, is very good."

TripleOG

My recent purchase of Tide resulted in massive rashes along my torso. Fun stuff. Looking for alternatives and lo and behold, raypeatforum is on it.

Thanks for this.

Seems to have a lot more merit than the Magnetic Laundry System scam I almost fell for. :lol:

@ecstatichamster how's the Terra Wash holding up? What do you use for stains?

OP
ecstatichamster
it's working great. We use it for everything. It does not remove grease stains very well. Everything else -- I forget we aren't using detergent except there is no detergent residue odor which I hate. It's wonderful.

I was in a strange country when watching the only station I could understand, which was Japanese (in English) and they had a puff piece on this product but it grabbed me.

Since then I've used it and have relatives using it and it is AWESOME.

It's simply magnesium beads in a sachet. Somehow, it functions like laundry detergent, except without all the chemicals.

Don't know how. But it works awesome. Doesn't remove stains, but removes all odors and makes clothes clean. And you don't need to worry about laundry detergent residue.

Terra Wash. It is AMAZING and supposedly lasts 365 washes.

Amazon product ASIN B01NBBXMO2View: https://www.amazon.com/Terra-Wash-Eco-Laundry-Sachet/dp/B01NBBXMO2
Did you ever use these saches ecstatichamster? I just went on your link and they are unavailable on Amazon.

Nice...I like it! Thanks!
It is expensive, but I have one on the way from Amazon. At the very least it can come in handy in a crises where water isn't too available and I don't want to use what water i do have trying to get the soap out of something.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom