MCT Oil Warning - Irritating And Allergenic

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I suspect TyroMax is giving me stomach irritation. I don't get irritation from Tocovit so I suspect it might be from the MCT oil?

1. Should I stop using it because stomach irritation is a health concern?
2. Will the irritation slowly subside if I continue to use it?
3. Are there any tricks to mitigate the irritation from MCT oil like what @tankasnowgod mentioned...

Aside from the stomach irritation, I find TyroMax great and would rather not switch back to synthetic.

If used with food, the amount of MCT in TyroMax is small enough so that it gets diluted/mixed with the food and does not cause GI irritation. But if it irritates even with a decent meal then I would break down the doses into multiple smaller ones. If that also irritates then I would not use it.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

How about using EVOO instead? Would that be as good?
It's a different kind of oil but has some beneficial effects on the gut. Coconut oil would be more similar to the extracted MCTs.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

How would you compare EVOO and coconut oil for the beneficial effects?
Extra virgin olive oil protects the heart against stress but promotes weight gain and probably inflammation if consumed in significant amounts over a long period of time. Some of the phenolic compounds found in olive oil protect against inflammation in the short-term and particularly ward off heart disease.

Compared to olive oil, coconut oil will not cause dramatic weight gain, and it's less likely to promote the formation of tumors.

Logan-

Extra virgin olive oil protects the heart against stress but promotes weight gain and probably inflammation if consumed in significant amounts over a long period of time. Some of the phenolic compounds found in olive oil protect against inflammation in the short-term and particularly ward off heart disease.

Compared to olive oil, coconut oil will not cause dramatic weight gain, and it's less likely to promote the formation of tumors.

Could you provide research studies for your thesis that EVOO promotes tumors and inflammation?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Could you provide research studies for your thesis that EVOO promotes tumors and inflammation?
It's difficult to say, as the research available shows mixed results. Some of the epidemiological studies show inverse associations, but in such Mediterranean diets, for instance, olive oil may displace other, more harmful oils in the diet. As olive oil can cause weight gain, more fat tissue promotes estrogen, which itself drives tumor genesis and growth.

Logan-

It's difficult to say, as the research available shows mixed results. Some of the epidemiological studies show inverse associations, but in such Mediterranean diets, for instance, olive oil may displace other, more harmful oils in the diet. As olive oil can cause weight gain, more fat tissue promotes estrogen, which itself drives tumor genesis and growth.

Thanks.

milkboi

MCT oil ***** up my gut real good. I don‘t know how else to get PUFA-free fat-solubles in though.

johnwester130

It gave me irritation so bad I got a gum infection.

It's not great.

D3 in alcohol and k2 in alcohol never gave me a reaction.

After cutting out the carrot salad for a while and just eating carrots, I reaped the antibiotic benefits with better digestion.

After re-making the carrot salad and using MCT oil, it sits in my stomach and gives me quite a bit of digestive upset. Ray has mentioned that MCT oil tends to irritate the intestine, and I've convinced myself it's a "superior supplement" since it's derived from coconut oil, but es no bueno.

I will continue using it for a while to see if the effect goes away.
Ray Peat also says to stay away from MCT oil because it creates new allergies.

VitoScaletta

Great info, thank you guys. With the carrot salad (considering there's no other fats consumed during that time), it's best to stick with coconut oil then.
Do you still consume the carrot salad these days, and if you do what do you think about the type of oil that should be used?
Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals