Complex PTSD

Simonsays

Are you surviving not thriving?

Are you suffering from Complex PTSD?

Its effects are life long on both the physical and psychological body. ( Dysregulation of the HPA Axis, life long disruption of adrenaline/cortisol response and then possibly thyroid function??}

If we had a traumatic/dysfunctional childhood/adolescence (sometimes later life event like rape/violence etc) we are likely to suffer from CPTSD.

We learn defensive techniques to allow us to survive the pain (toxic shame), but these techniques dont help us in adulthood. In fact we never become mature adults , just grown ups with numerous issues, addictions, compulsions, depression, anxiety, codependent relationships and so much much more.........

Pete Walker, M.A. Psychotherapy

Drareg

How does this explain adults with no childhood issues dealing with the same issues?

I think people need to tread careful with psychology,it can seed into the individuals thought processes , I think Peat spoke about this,seeding Freudian concepts which are pro authoritarian.
It can help with the right person unfortunately their are few.

Makrosky

How does this explain adults with no childhood issues dealing with the same issues?

I think people need to tread careful with psychology,it can seed into the individuals thought processes , I think Peat spoke about this,seeding Freudian concepts which are pro authoritarian.
It can help with the right person unfortunately their are few.
+1
Interesting how meeting people from poorer countries with very bad childhood experuences and where access to psychologists is not even a remote possibility, do not appear to have these kind of problems.

michael94

Personally I believe the problem is dissociation. The psyche is fragmented and by feeling the feelings you can re-integrate the phyche and regain the lost resources.

psoas
cyanide

Yellow Son of Lars

Xpekt nothing so you can find the back-door secret passage

Bamboo shoots have cyanide y‘know. Be very conscious always of the way your psoas muscle is trying to overcome trauma. I found this alchemical riddle watching people play videogames on a computer.

Peatogenic

Personally I believe the problem is dissociation. The psyche is fragmented and by feeling the feelings you can re-integrate the phyche and regain the lost resources.

Do you believe this from experiencing those things yourself?

johnwester130

Do you believe this from experiencing those things yourself?

becoming healthier makes my ptsd 100 times worse - although i now believe i have cptsd and anger issues

when you are unhealthy and live on junk food, video games and netflix 16 hours a day, it completely numbs the emotions

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals