Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fungal Carrot Salad 2.0

Wagner83

When searching for "bacteria radioactive waste" it's possible to realize how Westside is right once again. It's about keeping the flow of the intestines and the vigor that accompanies it, not so much pounding antimicrobials in attempt to fix the problem directly, to solely focus on the latter is usually a lost battle. It's more about consistency on what works.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...ts_of_raw_and_processed_carrots_in_humans.pdf

"carrot fibre fermentation may be estimated from differences in the amount of fibre intake and excretion between the carrot-containing diets and the corresponding control diets. According to this calculation, fibres from the different carrots were fermented equally and rather completely (91-94 %). The higher proportion of insoluble fibre components in the raw and raw frozen carrots compared with the blanched and canned carrots, and also the more intact cell walls which could be observed microscopically, did not protect them from extensive degradation. The most resistant saccharides were glucose, representing mainly cellulose, and rhamnose, representing the resistant core regions of the carrot pectins."

"Faecal bulking capacity of carrot fibre was comparable with the effects of other vegetables (Wisker & Feldheim, 1990) and of finely ground cereal brans (Wisker et al. 1986, 1992), although the carrot fibre was fermented to a higher degree. The increase in stool weight was due to an elevated output both of dry matter and of water. The percentage of faecal water increased with the raw frozen and blanched carrots from the 1988 harvest and with the raw carrots harvested in 1990. This was probably caused by reduced transit times, because under these conditions there might have been less time for water reabsorption (Cummings, 1986). However, transit times were not measured in this study. The higher excretion of faecal N during the consumption of the different carrots may reflect an increase in microbial mass due to the fermentation of the carrot fibre (Stephen & Cummings, 1980b)."

"Our investigations in humans have shown that dietary fibres in carrots are highly fermentable and yet have good stool-bulking ability, comparable to finely milled cereal brans. In spite of appreciable effects of processing, especially of blanching and canning, on the distribution of soluble and insoluble fibre and on texture and microscopic structure of carrots, the physiological effects of these raw or different processed carrots were very similar."​

Peatarian Reviews: The daily raw carrot is not antiseptic, it increases bacterial growth in the gut

@Elephanto - good posts, by the way.
Interesting! Mittir said he had better results with cooked bamboo shoots, they could be more efficient at resisting fermentation. he would boil them for 15 mn in water to remove the "bad taste".
It must be the fibers but a few times now I noticed instant lethargy from eating the carrot salad.

Last edited:

Amazoniac

Interesting! Mittir said he had better results with cooked bamboo shoots, they could be more efficient at resisting fermentation. he would boil them for 15 mn in water to remove the "bad taste".
It must be the fibers but a few times now I noticed instant lethargy from eating the carrot salad.
It's a good example of why food combining can be useful: oils, vinegar, herbs and spices are all protective.

Is it related to the nitrates in them?

G Forrest

Ray doesn't favor ACV because of the potential for fungal properties with apple cider, in addition to anything naturally fermented due to the lactic acid. I also remember Ray advising against consuming raw garlic because it can be an irritant to the mucous lining of the stomach.

I understand the thought here with trying to maximizing the antiseptic qualities, but just speaking from personal experience, when using foods like raw garlic, onion, horseradish, you have to be careful not to irritate the digestive tract. I found the basic carrot salad with a teaspoon of CO, white vinegar and pinch of salt to be most beneficial - it's more of a gradual effect, which I think is gentler on the digestive system.

On a separate thought, I was thinking about the antiseptic qualities of alcohol, and how a little bit daily, like say a glass of wine or clear spirits before or after a meal may have a similar benefits. I've noticed some of the super-centarians mention enjoying a little bit of alcohol (emphasis on a a little bit, like 1 drink max daily)

Last edited:

Wagner83

It's a good example of why food combining can be useful: oils, vinegar, herbs and spices are all protective.

Is it related to the nitrates in them?
Spices are irritating unfortunately, I love them. I don't think it's the nitrates as the effects are immediate and I don't get the nitrates effects that I get from greens. It does seem to fit James' description pretty nicely. It slows transit time as well so that probably defeats its purpose.

Wagner83

I posted this on the "Turk's"thread but thought it could be relevant here as well:

Protective Bamboo Shoots – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety Volume 10, Issue 3, pages 153–168, May 2011
Nutritional Properties of Bamboo Shoots: Potential and Prospects for Utilization as a Health Food
Nirmala Chongtham, Madho Singh Bisht, Sheena Haorongbam
Bamboo is intricately associated with humans from times immemorial. Popularly known for their industrial uses, a lesser known fact of bamboos is the usage of its young shoots as a food that can be consumed fresh, fermented, or canned. The juvenile shoots are not only delicious but are rich in nutrient components, mainly proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, and fiber and are low in fat and sugars. In addition, they contain phytosterols and a high amount of fiber that can be labeled as nutraceuticals or natural medicines that are attracting the attention of health advocates and scientists alike. The shoots are free from residual toxicity and grow without the application of fertilizers. Modern research has revealed that bamboo shoots have a number of health benefits: improving appetite and digestion, weight loss, and curing cardiovascular diseases and cancer. The shoots are reported to have anticancer, antibacterial, and antiviral activity. Shoots have antioxidant capacity due to the presence of phenolic compounds. The increasing trends of health consciousness among consumers have stimulated the field of functional foods and bamboo shoots can be one of them. Bamboo fiber is now a common ingredient in breakfast cereals, fruit juices, bakery and meat products, sauces, shredded cheeses, cookies, pastas, snacks, frozen desserts, and many other food products. This review emphasizes the health benefits of bamboo shoots and their potential for utilization as a health food.

Nutrition. 2009 Jul-Aug;25(7-8):723-8. Epub 2009 Mar 13.
Effects of bamboo shoot consumption on lipid profiles and bowel function in healthy young women.
Park EJ, Jhon DY.
OBJECTIVE:
This study evaluated the short-term effect of bamboo shoot consumption as a dietary fiber source on blood glucose, lipid profiles, hepatic function, and constipation symptoms in healthy women.
METHODS:
Eight subjects, 21- to 23-y-old women, with normal health status received a dietary fiber-free diet (control), a diet containing 25 g of cellulose, and a diet containing 360 g of bamboo shoots, with each diet segment lasting 6 d. At the end of each diet, blood biochemical parameters, such as glucose, triacylglycerols, total cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, glutamic pyruvic transaminase, glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase, and atherogenic index were measured and a questionnaire test for the evaluation of fecal excretion was taken. For statistical analysis, analysis of variance was performed.
RESULTS:
Serum total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and the atherogenic index were decreased with the bamboo shoot diet feeding compared with the dietary fiber-free diet. There were no differences in serum glucose levels among the tested diets. Fecal volume and bowel movement frequency in subjects fed the bamboo shoot diet were significantly increased.
CONCLUSION:
Bamboo shoots as a dietary fiber source has beneficial effects on lipid profile and bowel function.

Lutzzy

I am a you tuber, I love Tony Pantellanso Herbs and Beads, he has a remedy one large apple peeled and one onion , blended to a pudding , eat at night and refrigerate left overs for the next night.....of course you could add garlic or ginger or any other spice.....heals your gut.....Fiber and anti biotic garlic....just a base you could add pectin from the canning supplies.....

EIRE24

Ray doesn't favor ACV because of the potential for fungal properties with apple cider, in addition to anything naturally fermented due to the lactic acid. I also remember Ray advising against consuming raw garlic because it can be an irritant to the mucous lining of the stomach.

I understand the thought here with trying to maximizing the antiseptic qualities, but just speaking from personal experience, when using foods like raw garlic, onion, horseradish, you have to be careful not to irritate the digestive tract. I found the basic carrot salad with a teaspoon of CO, white vinegar and pinch of salt to be most beneficial - it's more of a gradual effect, which I think is gentler on the digestive system.

On a separate thought, I was thinking about the antiseptic qualities of alcohol, and how a little bit daily, like say a glass of wine or clear spirits before or after a meal may have a similar benefits. I've noticed some of the super-centarians mention enjoying a little bit of alcohol (emphasis on a a little bit, like 1 drink max daily)
I agree with what you say. I am wondering what do you think the best way to build back up the lining of the stomach would be if you had damaged it?

Erghumm GARLIC increase nitric oxide via the metabolites of ALLICIN the antimicrobial antifungal one, the praised allicin is unstable and quickly metabolised by the liver to other bioactive forms:

Allicin is known to be metabolized into diallyl disulfide in the liver[128] but is inherently instable even in plasma (37°C) and can spontaneously be fully degraded within five minutes;[21] edit and the instability limits the bioactivities of allicin per se.[129][34] Diallyl disulfide (DADS) and Ajoene are also somewhat unstable,[129][34] but allyl mercaptane (AM) seems to be stable.[129]

Systemic production of IFN-alpha by garlic (Allium sativum) in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Consumption of garlic products at 2g has noted that raw garlic cloves, but not boiled garlic, is associated with an increase in circulating interferon alpha by 384% and an increase in circulating nitric oxide levels at resting conditions by 224% when measured 2-4 hours after ingestion. There was no significant reduction in potency after 7 days of ingestion.
Boiling garlic bulbs is known to inactivate the alliinase enzyme which degrades alliin into allicin (which then spontaneously begins producing other bioactives) and due to this boiling garlic bulbs (or, technically speaking, any high level of heat without cutting the garlic bulb first) would cause supplementation of alliin without necessarily forming any of the bioactives made from alliin since alliin does not appear to be metabolized.[34]

Boiling garlic has been noted to prevent properties of garlic from occurring including vasorelaxation,[75] anticancer effects,[76] and the increase in nitric oxide and IFN-α.[77] Conversely, it has been noted to augment some properties such as memory enhancement (diabetics rats).[78] Boiling does not modify its antioxidant properties relative to raw garlic when measured in vivo[79] or when testing the ability to prevent LDL oxidation[80] and the alterations in triglycerides and cholesterol seen with raw garlic are not affected by boiling.[79]

The above 'heating' applies to 60s of microwave cooking and 45 minutes of baking in the oven,[76] but 30s of microwave cooking is fine.[81] Crushing the garlic and letting it stand for 10 minutes preserves the bioactivity of garlic.[81]

Last edited:

Amazoniac

v2.2b

SX: secondary xylem
VC: vascular cambium
SP: secondary phloem
PP: periderm with pericycle

upload_2018-12-3_19-41-30.png
upload_2018-12-3_19-41-38.png

Left: World Carrot museum - Description of Carrot Root (great website)
Right: Insights into the β-carotene distribution in carrot roots

As expected, most of the antimicrobial compounds in carrots concentrate in the flesh ['phloem/periderm'] and exterior ['epidermis'], less in the core ['xylem']. The core usually tastes bland.
If you're having problems with them, it's worth considering consuming only the outer parts.

There are two common kinds of peeler blades on the market, speaking of sections, here are theirs' (profile):

a. / V \

b. /¯ ¯\

I would favor the second because it's more likely to obtain thinner ribbons with it. I'm commenting this because the goal is to remove the least possible, just the 'epidermis'* for the sake of hygiene. We're after the harsh defensive compounds in this case.

*It's not that I listen to this while posting, it's that 'peel' could be ambiguous.

- Chemical composition, functional properties and processing of carrot—a review

"The edible portion of carrots contains about 10% carbohydrates having soluble carbohydrates ranging from 6.6 to 7.7 g/100 g and protein from 0.8 to 1.1 g/100 g in 4 carrot cultivars (Howard et al. 1962). Kaur et al. (1976) have reported 1.67–3.35% reducing sugars, 1.02–1.18% non-reducing sugars and 2.71–4.53% total sugars in 6 cultivars of carrot. Simon and Lindsay (1983) reported that reducing sugars accounted for 6–32% of free sugars in 4 hybrid varieties of carrot. The free sugars identified are sucrose, glucose, xylose and fructose (Kalra et al. 1987). The crude fiber in carrot roots consist of 71.7, 13.0 and 15.2% cellulose, hemicllulose and lignin, respectively (Kochar and Sharma 1992). The cellulose content in 4 carrot varieties varied from 35 to 48% (Robertson et al. 1979). The average nitrate and nitrite content in fresh carrot have been 40 and 0.41 mg/100 g, respectively (Bose and Som 1986; Miedzobrodzka et al. 1992). The taste of carrots is mainly due to the presence of glutamic acid and the buffering action of free amino acids. Trace amounts of succinic acid, α-ketoglutaric acid, lactic acid and glycolic acid have also been reported (Kalra et al. 1987). Caffeic acid is the predominant phenolic acid in carrots."

"Phenolics in carrots are present throughout the roots but are highly concentrated in the periderm tissue (Mercier et al. 1994). Two major classes of phenolics are hydroxycinnamic acids and para-hydroxybenzoic acids (Babic et al. 1993). Further, Zhang and Hamauzee (2004) have studied the phenolic compounds, their antioxidant properties and distribution in carrot and found that it contained mainly hydroxycinnamic acids and derivatives. Among them chlorogenic acid was a major hydroxycinnamic acid, representing 42.2–61.8% of total phenolic compounds detected in different carrot tissues. The phenolic contents in different tissues decreased in the following order peel > phloem > xylem. Although carrot peel accounted for only 11% of the amount of the carrot fresh weight, it could provide 54.1% of the amount of total phenolics, while the phloem tissue provides 39.5% and the xylem tissue provides only 6.4%. Antioxidant and radical scavenging activities in different tissues decreased in the same order as phenolic content. These findings suggested that phenolics could play an important role in antioxidant properties in carrots and other hydroxycinnamic derivatives such as dicaffeoylquinic acids and chlorogenic acid."

"Lineback (1999) has reported that the carrot cell wall is composed of pectin (galacturonans, rhamnogalacturonans, arabinans, galactans and arabinogalactans-1), cellulose (β-4, D-glucan), lignin (trans-coniferyl alcohol, trans-sinapyl alcohol and trans-p-coumaryl alcohol) and hemi-cellulose (xylans, glucuronoxylans β-D-glucans and xyloglucans)."

"Nawirska and Kwasniewska (2005) have reported the composition of dietary fiber constituents in the fresh carrot on dry weight basis as pectin (7.41%), hemi-cellulose (9.14%), cellulose (80.94%) and lignin (2.48%)."

- Sweet and bitter taste in organic carrot

"Terpenes are connected both with the typical carrot taste as with harsh flavours. There are a large number of terpenes in carrot mainly in the carrot oil. They are more common in the upper part and in the phloem. The concentration of terpenes increases during growth. Higher temperatures during growing season also increase the amount of terpenes. Terpenes can mask for sweet taste but can also be less detectable by increasing sugar concentration."

"Polyacetylenes, such as falcarindiol, are formed from oleic acid probably as a part of the defence against pathogens. Falcarindiol is however always present in carrots, more commonly in the upper and outer part and in the phloem. There is a correlation between the amount of falcarindiol and bitter taste in carrots."

"Carrots are low in starch. Only seldom does the concentration of starch reach more than 1% in dry matter. The amount of crude fibre is 3-4% on a dry weight basis, (Svanberg, Nyman et.al., 1997)."

"The total amount of organic acids is about 0.2% in fresh weight, (ėkesson, 2003) The most common organic acids in carrots are pyrovatic, oxalic acetic, isocitric and malic acid, (Phan, Hsu et.al., 1973)."

"The terpenes are aromatic compounds occurring naturally in carrot mostly as mono- and sesquiterpenes. Usually between 17 and 20 different simple terpenes contribute to the typical carrot flavour. (Simon, 1982; Seljåsen, Bengtsson G. B. et.al., 2001; Rosenfeld, Vogt et.al., 2004)."

"When discussing bitter taste some specific phenolic substances are often mentioned." "The phytoalexin, 6-methoxymellein, 6MM (3-methyl-6-methoxy-8-hydroxy-3,4-dihydroisocoumarin), is a secondary metabolite that inhibits the growth of many microorganisms. It is elicited in carrot root tissues inoculated with fungi, as well by treatment with various elicitors (Condon, Ku´c et.al., 1963; Coxon, Curtis et.al., 1973; Müller, 1978; Kurosaki and Nishi, 1983; Mercier, Arul et.al., 1993). It is also induced by numerous mold species (Kurosaki and Nishi, 1983; Hoffman, Roebroeck et.al., 1988), by exposure to UV light (Mercier, Arul et.al., 1994), and from pectinolytic enzymes (Movahedi and Heale, 1990; Marinelli, Ronchi et.al., 1994). However, exposure to ethylene appears to be the most common stimulus for its formation in carrots, (Lafuente, Cantwell et.al., 1989)."

"Bitter taste is one of the main reasons for low quality score of carrots, (Kuusi and Virtanen, 1979). The term “bitter” has been supplemented with the term “harsh”. This term is used to describe a burning turpentine-like flavour occurring most clearly at the back of the throat, (Simon, Peterson et.al., 1980a). It is sometimes hard to draw a line between these two terms."

"Sweet taste is often more pronounced in the centre and lower (tip) part of the carrot. The phloem is mostly sweeter than the xylem, (Rosenfeld, 2003)."

"Bitter taste is more often detected in the upper (crown) part and more strongly connected to the phloem than the xylem, (Rosenfeld, 2003; Czepa and Hoffmann, 2004)."

"The sugars are mainly stored in vacuoles in the parenchymatic tissues (Nilsson, 1987). The total sugar content does not differ much between different parts of the carrot, (Rosenfeld, 2003). The amount of sucrose is higher in the upper part and in the phloem. Monosaccharides, especially fructose are more common in the centre and lower, tip, part of the carrot and in the xylem, (Habegger, Müller et.al., 1996; Rosenfeld, 2003)."

"Terpenes are more common in the upper part of the carrot and are evenly spread between phloem and xylem. Terpinolene is an exception being more evenly spread also in the lower part of the carrot and showing higher concentrations in the phloem (Rosenfeld, 2003). [Probably accounting for the difference for what was mentioned above] 6MM are more concentrated to the phloem all along the carrot (Czepa and Hoffmann, 2004). Polyacetylenes are more common in the upper part of the carrot and in the phloem, although falcarinol and falcarindiol-3-acetate is more evenly distributed also in the xylem, the later even more concentrated in the xylem, (Czepa and Hoffmann, 2004)."

"Carrots grown in a simulation of the Californian winter climate is more sweet and contain more sugar than carrots grown in a simulation of the Florida or Wisconsin summer climate, (Simon, Peterson et.al., 1982)."

"Most terpenes increase with increasing temperature, while α-terpinolene decreases, (Rosenfeld, 2003)."

Types:
upload_2018-12-3_20-27-3.png

upload_2018-12-3_20-27-10.png

v2.1
- Ray Peat Carrot Salad

--
@DaveFoster - It's not a joke, check this out:

"Sensory analysis is an important tool for the consumers when selecting food. Also in science it is commonly used to describe some of the properties of food, (Lawless and Heymann, 1999). Many efforts have been made to describe the connection between sensory and chemical properties in carrots, (Martens, Fjeldsenden et.al., 1979; Simon, Peterson et.al., 1980b; Fjeldsenden, Martens et.al., 1981; Simon, Peterson et.al., 1982; Simon and Lindsay, 1983; Kaminski, Wasowicz et.al., 1986; Yoshino, Kawaguchi et.al., 1993; Howard, Braswell et.al., 1995; Shamaila, Durance et.al., 1996; Baardseth, Rosenfeld et.al., 1996; Haglund, 1998; Gills, Resurreccion et.al., 1999; Suojala and Tupasela, 1999; Talcott and Howard, 1999a; Seljåsen, 2000; Seljåsen, Hoftun et.al., 2001; Seljåsen, Bengtsson G. B. et.al., 2001; Alasalvar, Grigor et.al., 2001; Czepa and Hoffmann, 2003; Seljåsen, Hoftun et.al., 2003; Seljåsen, Hoftun et.al., 2004; Surles, Weng et.al., 2004; Czepa and Hoffmann, 2004; Marabi, Thieme et.al., 2006). In recent years the development of multivariate analysis has encouraged these efforts, (Martens, Fjeldsenden et.al., 1983; Rosenfeld, Martens et.al., 1984; Martens, Rosenfeld et.al., 1985; Baardseth, Rosenfeld et.al., 1996; Hogstad, Risvik et.al., 1997; Rosenfeld, Risvik et.al., 1997; Rosenfeld, Baardseth et.al., 1997; Rosenfeld, 1998; Rosenfeld, Samuelsen et.al., 1998a; Rosenfeld, Samuelsen et.al., 1998b; Rosenfeld, Samuelsen et.al., 1998c; Rosenfeld, Samuelsen et.al., 1999; Rosenfeld and Samuelsen, 2000; Rosenfeld, Aaby et.al., 2002; Rosenfeld, 2003; Varming, Jensen et.al., 2004; Rosenfeld, Vogt et.al., 2004)."

Last edited:
Garlic, onion and mushrooms can cause issues for people with compromised gut health. Ginger on the other hand is a great addition to the original salad - its bitter taste helps to release digestive juices, it has antibacterial properties and acts as a prokinetic, so things move better. You can put a piece of pealed ginger in a garlic press and it will squeeze out the juice into the salad without the pulp. Another good way to get it in is just to chew a piece of it really good, then just swallow the juice while the pulp is between the teeth - this way all the pulp stays in the mouth and it's easy to spit it out after. The described method works before and after meals too - it noticeably helped my digestion.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

When searching for "bacteria radioactive waste" it's possible to realize how Westside is right once again. It's about keeping the flow of the intestines and the vigor that accompanies it, not so much pounding antimicrobials in attempt to fix the problem directly, to solely focus on the latter is usually a lost battle. It's more about consistency on what works.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv...ts_of_raw_and_processed_carrots_in_humans.pdf

"carrot fibre fermentation may be estimated from differences in the amount of fibre intake and excretion between the carrot-containing diets and the corresponding control diets. According to this calculation, fibres from the different carrots were fermented equally and rather completely (91-94 %). The higher proportion of insoluble fibre components in the raw and raw frozen carrots compared with the blanched and canned carrots, and also the more intact cell walls which could be observed microscopically, did not protect them from extensive degradation. The most resistant saccharides were glucose, representing mainly cellulose, and rhamnose, representing the resistant core regions of the carrot pectins."

"Faecal bulking capacity of carrot fibre was comparable with the effects of other vegetables (Wisker & Feldheim, 1990) and of finely ground cereal brans (Wisker et al. 1986, 1992), although the carrot fibre was fermented to a higher degree. The increase in stool weight was due to an elevated output both of dry matter and of water. The percentage of faecal water increased with the raw frozen and blanched carrots from the 1988 harvest and with the raw carrots harvested in 1990. This was probably caused by reduced transit times, because under these conditions there might have been less time for water reabsorption (Cummings, 1986). However, transit times were not measured in this study. The higher excretion of faecal N during the consumption of the different carrots may reflect an increase in microbial mass due to the fermentation of the carrot fibre (Stephen & Cummings, 1980b)."

"Our investigations in humans have shown that dietary fibres in carrots are highly fermentable and yet have good stool-bulking ability, comparable to finely milled cereal brans. In spite of appreciable effects of processing, especially of blanching and canning, on the distribution of soluble and insoluble fibre and on texture and microscopic structure of carrots, the physiological effects of these raw or different processed carrots were very similar."​

Peatarian Reviews: The daily raw carrot is not antiseptic, it increases bacterial growth in the gut

@Elephanto - good posts, by the way.

I have always found their results very odd. They say that carrots are highly fermentable, and say that >90% of it is fermented. The biggest part of carrot fiber is cellulose, followed by hemi-cellulose. How can the degree of fermentation be so high, if more than half of the fiber is cellulose?

Amazoniac

I have always found their results very odd. They say that carrots are highly fermentable, and say that >90% of it is fermented. The biggest part of carrot fiber is cellulose, followed by hemi-cellulose. How can the degree of fermentation be so high, if more than half of the fiber is cellulose?
"When A Turk's Bowels Move Less Than Three Times A Day, He Consults A Physician."
Digestion of certain fractions of dietary fiber in humans

"Cellulases are not present in the human digestive juices. Therefore, digestion of cellulose will probably be by intestinal bactena. Animal studies have shown that cellulose is acted on by bacteria to form volatile fatty acids which can be absorbed (8 , 9)."​

Kartoffel

"When A Turk's Bowels Move Less Than Three Times A Day, He Consults A Physician."
Digestion of certain fractions of dietary fiber in humans

"Cellulases are not present in the human digestive juices. Therefore, digestion of cellulose will probably be by intestinal bactena. Animal studies have shown that cellulose is acted on by bacteria to form volatile fatty acids which can be absorbed (8 , 9)."​

Ok, so if cellulose is a fermentable fiber, then it is incorrect to label salad and other greens insoluble or non-fermentable fibers, is it not? As far as fermentation is concerned, I have never experienced gas (farts) after eating raw carrots, but when I eat broccoli or kale, it's best for me to avoid people for a while.

Amazoniac

Ok, so if cellulose is a fermentable fiber, then it is incorrect to label salad and other greens insoluble or non-fermentable fibers, is it not? As far as fermentation is concerned, I have never experienced gas (farts) after eating raw carrots, but when I eat broccoli or kale, it's best for me to avoid people for a while.

And it's also challenging for them to get to its cellulose considering the amount of antimicrobials contained in carrots, which have evolved in conditions that are more similar to the intestines.

Discover Uganda.

Kartoffel

And it's also challenging for them to get to its cellulose considering the amount of antimicrobials contained in carrots, which have evolved in conditions that are more similar to the intestines.

Discover Uganda.

Yes, Ray once emailed me that the carrots are not so much about the fiber but about all the antimicrobials. Since even cellulose is fermented by bacteria, are there actually any truely "insoluble" or "non-fermentable" fibers?

Amazoniac

Yes, Ray once emailed me that the carrots are not so much about the fiber but about all the antimicrobials. Since even cellulose is fermented by bacteria, are there actually any truely "insoluble" or "non-fermentable" fibers?
If certain bacteria can feed on radioactive waste, I doubt that there will be trouble for them to use any form of carb. That's why it's a lost battle to shove down antimicrobials if you're constipated or can't burn your food properly to begin with. You're likely selecting mutants that are more resistant and no longer need to dodge the punches that you throw: they now take it like a Shaolin monk while inspecting their nails.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

If certain bacteria can feed on radioactive waste, I doubt that there will be trouble for them to use any form of carb. That's why it's a lost battle to shove down antimicrobials if you're constipated or can burn your food properly to begin with. You're likely selecting mutants that are more resistant and no longer need to dodge the punches that you throw: they now take it like a Shaolin monk while inspecting their nails.

So, how would one with this fight, then? Or, let's say achieve a balance of power in which both parties are able to achieve a long-term piece and mutual coexistance

Amazoniac

So, how would one with this fight, then? Or, let's say achieve a balance of power in which both parties are able to achieve a long-term piece and mutual coexistance
One of the advantages of the intestine is its high turnowaa, it's better than teeth in this regard for example. The body can simply shed cells faster and then decrease transit time, of course this will increase nutrient requirements and it will stop happening once the body is exhausted (city, 2018).

You can't avoid desired foods altogether just because of a negative reaction from fermentation, the bacteria will have no problem hybernating either while you starve. As soon as you reintroduce, they'll feast again. It's better to minimize the intake of problematic foods but keep eating them according to cravings. This way there will be the signal to immunity on what needs to be corrected but without being overwhelming. Leaving the most troublesome foods for the end of the day is a good move.

For the microbes that live within the mucus membrane, it's through vitamin A and D, vit C, iodine, and so on. The antimicrobial compounds from plants are usually very useful to destabilize them for immunity to fix.

Last edited:

Kartoffel

One of the advantages of the intestine is its high turnowaa, it's better than teeth in this regard for example. The body can simply shed cells faster and then decrease transit time, of course this will increase nutrient requirements and it will stop happening once the body is exhausted (city, 2018).

You can't avoid desired foods altogether just because of a negative reaction from fermentation, the bacteria will have no problem hybernating either while you starve. As soon as you reintroduce, they'll feast again. It's better to minimize the intake of problematic foods but keep eating them according to cravings. This way there will be the signal to immunity on what needs to be corrected but without being overwhelming. Leaving the most troublesome foods for the end of the day is a good move.

For the microbes that live within the mucus membrane, it's through vitamin A and D, vit C, iodine, and so on. The antimicrobial compounds from plants are usually very useful to destabilize them for immunity to fix.

I think it's about time to say that I really enjoy your posts - they are always full of wisdom and meaningful advice. Out of curiosity, what does Amazoniac eat on a typical day?