Ulcerative Colitis

Light

I ordered some activated charcoal. Hopefully I can get it out of me when I ingest it. I read some incredible stuff about something similar, Cholyrestamine.
Hi,
I know this thread is really old, but I hope you don't mind me bumping it.
Did the charcoal eventually help? How did it affect constipation?

walker_in_aus

Hi,
I know this thread is really old, but I hope you don't mind me bumping it.
Did the charcoal eventually help? How did it affect constipation?
Not the original poster but I tried a tablespoon of chsrcoal every night before bed in water and after a week I finally found my abdomen was not sore to touch for the first time in a year. I then went travelling for six months and fexked it all up again, about to start again for a week or so .

Kartoffel

I am surprised nobody in this thread has mentioned glycine. Glycine prevents colitis in rat models, even if it is caused by strong chemical toxins. Glycine reduces inflammation, prevents diarrhea, reduces thickening and shortening of the colon, and promotes regeneration/protein synthesis in the digestive track. It also protects the liver (its' function is very important for intestinal health) from endotoxin. These remarkable effects have been in demonstrated in animal models over 15 years ago, and papers occasionally remark on the potential for humans. Unfortunately, drug companies and researchers seem reluctant to fund human trials that use something that is as dirt cheap as glycine.

I think getting about 20-25% of amino acids as glycine might be a reasonable attempt, if you have colitis or any other complication of the stomach/colon.

"The findings in this study clearly indicate that dietary supplementation of glycine is protective against TNBS-induced colitis, an animal model of Crohn’s disease. In addition, glycine also is preventive in DSS-induced hemorrhagic colitis that resembles human ulcerative colitis, suggesting that glycine would be useful for therapeutics of both types of IBDs. Glycine most likely inhibits both production of infl ammatory cytokines/chemokines in macrophages and accumulation/activation of neutrophils, thereby ameliorating colonic injury. Importantly, glycine is one of many general nutrients in a variety of foods, and thesafety of high-dose administration in humans has been established; the feasibility of a therapeutic approach forIBDs using a glycine-rich elementary diet is promising. It is concluded, therefore, that glycine may be useful for the treatment and maintenance of the remission state of IBDs as an immunomodulating nutrient."

Glycine protects from colitis

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals