Thyroid Nodules

Dezertfox

My doctor did an ultrasound today and found 2 6-7mm nodules on both sides of the thyroid..I had an ultrasound last year and didn't have any :(..Since then my TSH has usually been under 2 with levothyroxine.

I can't find much info about nodules on this forum or from Peat in general. Anyone with any experience in dealing with them or reducing them? Thank you

yerrag

I think Ray Peat had talked about this in one of his interviews. I couldn't recall which one it is. It would be easy for me to find if the l-i-g-h-t.com search engine of carbogenetics were still running. Can anyone refer me to this interview. Ray was saying something need to be done first before taking thyroid, otherwise the "protein" would be backed up in the thyroid gland and cause swelling. @ecstatichamster @Dan Wich would you know?

BigChad

I think Ray Peat had talked about this in one of his interviews. I couldn't recall which one it is. It would be easy for me to find if the l-i-g-h-t.com search engine of carbogenetics were still running. Can anyone refer me to this interview. Ray was saying something need to be done first before taking thyroid, otherwise the "protein" would be backed up in the thyroid gland and cause swelling. @ecstatichamster @Dan Wich would you know?

what did you find? what needs to be done before taking thyroid? somehow getting rid of nodules and cysts?

yerrag

If my recollection serves me right, it is PUFA and estrogen that blocks thyroid (which Ray Peat refers to as a protein) from being released by the thyroid gland.

Progesterone would be helpful in removing estrogen. Not sure, but I imagine vitamin E, aspirin, and niacinamide and replacing PUFA intake with saturated fats would help in mitigating the effects of PUFA towards eliminating it.