Is It Safe For Me To Eat 2000 Calories Of Ice Cream Per Day?

Kt400

is it safe for me to eat 2000 calories of ice cream per day? I am trying to bulk as an athlete. the ice cream is use is hagan daz ice cream.

TeaRex14

Lets see, 2000 calories of haagen dazs would be roughly 2 pints of ice cream, plus a little extra on top. If you're trying to achieve a hypercaloric state to build muscle it's probably fine, provided you're getting enough protein and carbs elsewhere in the diet. Ideally making homemade ice cream from coconut oil would be better if you're going to eat that much, just so you have better control on how much PUFA you're eating. At 2 pints, haagen dazs's PUFA content is beginning to add up. But all this said it's definitely not the worst thing in the world.

Momado965

If fat is lowish and pufa is not over board then its fine. I used to drink 3 quarts of whole milk when I was 17. Bukked me up nicely.

Runenight201

Sounds yummy, but I can see this causing excessive fat gain, if consuming on top of a normal diet. If displacing calories, then I can see this causing nutritional deficiencies.

Why not just focus on increasing meat, eggs, and dairy? These are all very anabolic substances, with a lot of other good nutrition to prevent deficiencies from occurring, and also allows for more variety and dietary interest (although if you don't get bored eating 2k calories of ice cream a day props to you lol)

If you choose to do it, make sure you monitor body fat percentage, weight, muscle mass, strength, cardiorespiratory fitness, etc.... I think there's a proper way to lean bulk, and in my opinion is a much better way to go about things.

Take it from someone who let a "bulk" go horribly wrong and cause severe metabolic issues that took a lot of suffering and pain to reverse, although to be fair I was eating worse food than ice cream, plenty of fried starch, PUFA baked goods, etc...

Velve921

I've been eating 3 twins ice cream before bed time for the past 5 years ever since peating. Ive gone from 175-245. Most people say I only look like I weigh 195-200.

There is no other food that has been more instrumental for my health than ice cream. 1000-2000 kcals every night. I use a high dose due to the symptoms of better sleep and energy. My suggestion, use food to support the energetic action you require.

OP
K

Kt400

I've been eating 3 twins ice cream before bed time for the past 5 years ever since peating. Ive gone from 175-245. Most people say I only look like I weigh 195-200.

There is no other food that has been more instrumental for my health than ice cream. 1000-2000 kcals every night. I use a high dose due to the symptoms of better sleep and energy. My suggestion, use food to support the energetic action you require.
you sleep better while high doses of dairy and sugar are in your system?

fradon

ice cream works great for me too for sleep. ten mintues later i'm sleepy and its lights out.

Runenight201

I’ve been using chips a hoy cookies with milk before bed.

I find the starch + sugar + fat combo to be the best for knocking me out.

OP
K

Kt400

I’ve been using chips a hoy cookies with milk before bed.

I find the starch + sugar + fat combo to be the best for knocking me out.
what do you say to people who say that if you want to optomize your sleep you should keep abstain from food well before bed because you need to rest your digestive system?

Runenight201

I think it depends on what's interrupting the sleep, and in any case, doesn't the body activate rest and recovery processes when digesting food? This would coincide fairly well with sleeping. Furthermore, if the body is going to recover and build while sleeping, it's going to need energy, and thus food, to accomplish that fact. So I think it's all a ton of hog wash.

But I'm biased, because in my experience, the amount of food I've eaten during the day directly impacts quality of sleep, and insufficient food is always grounds for me waking up early after only 4-6 hour of sleep, which will lead me to have to eat upon waking, lounging around for 1-2 hours since I slept so poorly, and then falling back asleep and finally feeling refreshed.

My best sleep has always come from eating plenty of food prior to going to sleep. But the food has to be the right foods. It has to sit in my stomach properly and leave me with that much sought after pleasant satiation, where I don't need any other substance to be perfectly content with my current physiological and psychological state. When I have that going into my bed, I know I'll have a great nights sleep, when I don't...problems occur.

I think there are valid times to avoid food intake to rest the digestive system, especially if a heavy meal of meat and starch are consumed. If one can feel the bloat and heaviness of the stomach, then it's best to let the stomach process and digest all the food, even if one isn't quite content with the physiological state, because adding more food to a taxed digestive system isn't going to do any good. As of late I've been watching my meat intake, because I've been finding that too much meat taxes my stomach in a way that isn't good. I get my protein from dairy and eggs, and I've been eating about a quarter pound or so of cod a day.

aquaman

If you want to get fat and teach your body to run on fat metabolism, go for it!

Fat and sugar compete for metabolic pathways, so eating lots of fat will lead to circulating FFA and fat metabolism.

Please avoid packing on 20 pounds of fat, you’ll spend the next 2-4 years trying to get it off!

Eat 200g+ of protein, 400 of carb and 80-100 of fat, you’ll pack on lean muscle weight. Especially if you do 2-3 medium weight sessions per week