Why Does Phenibut Raise So Much My Body Temperature?

frant26

I take phenibut (around 650mg - not much) before certain occasions I know will be stressful or inducing anxiety. I don't NEED it but its effect is just amazing. Around once per month.

What I definitely notice, besides an incredible relaxed feeling, is an increase in temperature a few hours after taking it, and well into the next morning.

I had dinner and took some thyroid, as usual. An hour later my temperature is normally around 36.8ºC = 98.2ºF. The exact same situation with phenibut right now, I'm measuring 37.3ºC = 99.14ºF. (I just can't attain these temperatures by any other means except having fever.)

Is this due to stress hormones or is this actually increasing the metabolism? Pulse is currently 76bpm

If so, I'd love to learn about the effect it's having in my body, so it gives me a hint on which direction to look to increase my temperature, through GABA or not, with safer substances or foods. Thyroid really doesn't work for going above 36.9ºC or so.

Vinny

I take phenibut (around 650mg - not much) before certain occasions I know will be stressful or inducing anxiety. I don't NEED it but its effect is just amazing. Around once per month.

What I definitely notice, besides an incredible relaxed feeling, is an increase in temperature a few hours after taking it, and well into the next morning.

I had dinner and took some thyroid, as usual. An hour later my temperature is normally around 36.8ºC = 98.2ºF. The exact same situation with phenibut right now, I'm measuring 37.3ºC = 99.14ºF. (I just can't attain these temperatures by any other means except having fever.)

Is this due to stress hormones or is this actually increasing the metabolism? Pulse is currently 76bpm

If so, I'd love to learn about the effect it's having in my body, so it gives me a hint on which direction to look to increase my temperature, through GABA or not, with safer substances or foods. Thyroid really doesn't work for going above 36.9ºC or so.
That,s very interesting.
I used to take phen regularly, never noticed change in temp, but at that time I didn,t know I had a metabolic damage and never checked body temp. Will definitely try my most loved supp again!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Phenibut - Wikipedia
"The medication is structurally related to the neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA), and hence is a GABA analogue.[5] Phenibut is thought to act as a GABAB receptor agonist, similarly to baclofen and γ-hydroxybutyrate (GHB).[5] However, at low concentrations, phenibut mildly increases the concentration of dopamine in the brain"

A portion of leptin's anti-obesity effects is mediated by synaptic release of γ amino butyric acid (GABA). Low GABA, because of low leptin sensitivity, results in mild but significant overeating, obesity, and reduced energy expenditure as suggested by the mild reduction in oxygen consumption (Stanley, 2012). - (From my fat loss book to be released soon)

So yeah, it's definitely the GABA and pro-dopamine effect that is benefiting you so much. Histidine will increase leptin receptors and increase leptin sensitivity.

Vinny

Took about 650mg this morning.
Took temp now. Expected to be below 36.5 (hands/feet icy cold) but suprise - 36.7! Not bad for a coldblooded creature me!
Will go on with phen and see what happens!
Any suggestions about next dose - more or less?

OP
frant26

frant26

Took about 650mg this morning.
Took temp now. Expected to be below 36.5 (hands/feet icy cold) but suprise - 36.7! Not bad for a coldblooded creature me!
Will go on with phen and see what happens!
Any suggestions about next dose - more or less?

I'm not sure, but I would be VERY careful with phenibut. There are horrible withdrawal stories on the internet. That is why I do it at most once a month.

My original post was about trying to understand and maybe replicate that effect without having to consume phenibut, promoting GABA and/or dopamine in other more sustainable ways.

Vinny

I'm not sure, but I would be VERY careful with phenibut. There are horrible withdrawal stories on the internet. That is why I do it at most once a month.

My original post was about trying to understand and maybe replicate that effect without having to consume phenibut, promoting GABA and/or dopamine in other more sustainable ways.
I see.
I,m glad that u r careful with this amazing substance. Me too. Good luck