Pregnenolone, Dependence, Natural Production, Taper Off

Logan-

Does pregnenolone supplementation cause dependence in the body? Does the supplementation, either during or after, affect human body's natural production of pregnenolone?

When the supplementation is stopped, does the body produce the same amounts as before the supplementation? Should it be tapered off, or can it be stopped immediately if one desires to stop taking it?

Mauritio

I am pretty sure it does not. I think it has a positive feedback loop so encourages its on production.

golder

I would also love to here some science/studies on this. Likewise with DHEA/progesterone.

Thanks to any and all who can help.

Arnold Grape

This. On a long enough timeline (sometimes short) the hormones get screwed up, which can happen abruptly in cases. This is a shame, when it feels like they are doing you good. Ime things like stress reducing hormones should be used in relation to actual stress, which is difficult to gauge when your daily life might make you feel stressed on regs.

liamdavis

This. On a long enough timeline (sometimes short) the hormones get screwed up, which can happen abruptly in cases. This is a shame, when it feels like they are doing you good. Ime things like stress reducing hormones should be used in relation to actual stress, which is difficult to gauge when your daily life might make you feel stressed on regs.

The stressors of modern everyday life are unnatural and extreme compared to those of pre-industrial human beings.

RP mentions this is why the therapeutic actions of high dose aspirin/vitamin E are unusual. They are only therapeutic in the context of 21st century life.

Hence, why daily pregnenolone supplementation is helpful for some people.