Sulfated Steroids Are Higher In Healthier People; Non-Sulfated Steroids Lower

I found this study in another thread which I couldn't find for the life of me so I decided to make a new thread. kudos to whoever found the study in the first place.
The Steroid Metabolome in Men With Mood and Anxiety Disorders
luckily it also includes what I think are interesting results for the healthy controls, interesting enough that it prompted me to make this thread.

the panel itself:
The-parameters-for-depressive-men-men-with-anxiety-and-controls.png

the immediate thing I noticed is that basically without fail, the sulfated steroids are higher in the healthy controls compared to the affected cases. Progesterone is the only non-sulfated steroid which is higher in the controls. you can see for yourself. I leave other people to comment and I hope this provokes discussion.

miki14

Sulfotransferases and UGTs frequently metabolize the same substrates and may cooperate in generating conjugates which are excreted from the liver into the blood, making them available for renal clearance. The human genome contains four Sulfotransferasegene families (SULT1, SULT2, SULT4, and SULT6) with ≥14 members encoding cytosolic 32–36 kD enzymes which use 3′-phosphoadenosine-5′-phosphosulfate as a sulfate donor [29]. They metabolize endogenous biogenic amines and mediate the sulfation of dehydroepiandrosterone and progesterone in the adrenals, after which the sulfated forms are secreted and transported to sites of estrogen/androgen synthesis... https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/sulfotransferase

Sulfates are used to detoxify metabolites like alcohol, estrogen, phenols etc.
Sulfates are involved in the production of s-dhea, which is the precusor of steroids.
Sulfate production depends on ATP levels.
Depression = low ATP = low steroids = high toxic load of the liver, sulfur deficiency (?)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals